Jeremy Corbyn - Not Not Labour Party(?), not a Communist (BBC)

The tweet from the foreign office was two days after the Boris interview. So now you're just making up previous briefings where he'd said the same thing (which Corbyn hasn't mentioned happening, as far as I'm aware) to justify your previous statement.
And it was still a lie. We know that the Government has lied about this we do not know any true evidence. That's my point.

what's patronising is telling people who are struggling in life to work hard like you did, despite them getting fecked in the ass by a broken system you're voting to propagate

Where have I told people that - in that precise context?

I am opposed to Left wing politics and especially the extreme version that is currently being espoused.

That does not mean that I agree with everything the government say's or does.

Or that by being opposed to Labours world view it necessarily follows that I must be a stinking bourgeois and totally heartless.

what is Corbyn to blame for here specifically? calling for calm and a waiting for information?

He's to blame for a weak, and poorly chosen initial response to a chemical weapons attack which affected some 500 British citizens.

Let's not let Boris Johnson's idiocy make Corbyn's initial response look better than it deserves. It was the wrong response for the moment.

He's to blame for a weak, and poorly chosen initial response to a chemical weapons attack which affected some 500 British citizens.

Let's not let Boris Johnson's idiocy make Corbyn's initial response look better than it deserves. It was the wrong response for the moment.
making up your mind before you've seen the evidence isn't strong, it's fecking stupid

making up your mind before you've seen the evidence isn't weak, it's fecking stupid

There was sufficient evidence to make a political judgement. That's the point. Corbyn flunked it.

Right, sure, and if your argument is that you strongly suspect Russia did it based on the evidence we have available to us, but aren't convinced that the point is proven then fine.

If you're arguing that the evidence is so weak you don't think the Russia link has any basis whatsoever, as you appear to be, then I would argue you're wrong.
That's exactly my point.

As for your second point I'm saying that the only real evidence that we have been given that Russia actually manufactured the chemical was a lie told by BoJo.

There may be other evidence but we don't know it. To tar and feather Corbyn on evidence we don't have seems just wrong to me.

In an information war, in which we are all clearly engaged, PR matters. An obscure Russian chemical weapon, which requires state support to make and store, gets used on an enemy of Putin, in a similar way that other such weapons have been used by Russian agents, putting hundreds of British citizens at risk? And Corbyn's opening response was all about due process? Weak and dangerous. What do you think Putin thinks of Corbyn? A pushover, I'd say.

Hmm, but he's totally shitting himself over Boris Johnson and Theresa May's accusations, our relatively insignificant military and our increasingly isolated international relations.

Where have I told people that - in that precise context?

I am opposed to Left wing politics and especially the extreme version that is currently being espoused.

That does not mean that I agree with everything the government say's or does.

Or that by being opposed to Labours world view it necessarily follows that I must be a stinking bourgeois and totally heartless.

Current version isn't really that extreme - just standard left-wing social democracy for the most part.

Not the most compelling defence of the Corbyn's (allegedly) impeccable moral integrity tbh.
He believes that to change someones opinion you have to enter into discourse with them. Going to Iran and talking about human rights is part of that belief system. Not taking the money would make it look as he thought that they were beneath him that is no way to hold a civilised dialogue.

We were talking about him taking handsome payments from the state owned television companies of deplorable regimes.

You explained this by claiming that he isn't a unicorn.
sorry I thought you replied to a different post

everyone gets paid for TV work, he went on Iranian TV to talk about human rights, how is that a bad thing? because he took standard appearance fees?

He believes that to change someones opinion you have to enter into discourse with them. Going to Iran and talking about human rights is part of that belief system. Not taking the money would make it look as he thought that they were beneath him that is no way to hold a civilised dialogue.

Yeah, not really. He just wanted to get paid a lot of money for doing very little. His appearances on RT amounted to him being an unwitting shill for Russian anti Western rhetoric. Anne Applebaum described him as 'the latest in a long line of useful idiots' for the Kremlin.

sorry I thought you replied to a different post

everyone gets paid for TV work, he went on Iranian TV to talk about human rights, how is that a bad thing? because he took standard appearance fees?

He's taking money from a deplorable regime. If it is someone like Farage or Johnson then you expect it but Jeremy is supposed to be different. If he had donated that money to charity then fine but pocketing such a large fee from such a regime seems off for someone of Jeremy's supposed superior moral dimensions.

Yeah, not really. He just wanted to get paid a lot of money for doing very little. His appearances on RT amounted to him being an unwitting shill for Russian anti Western rhetoric. Anne Applebaum described him as 'the latest in a long line of useful idiots' for the Kremlin.
That's your view. One that I don't agree with.

He's really damned if he does, damned if he doesn't.

Go in strong against Russia with the poisoning like Johnson and the Tories = Bad
Be calm and ask for the experts to obtain evidence = Bad

What exactly should have his reaction have been? The most sane and adult thing to do in that situation is to not to jump to conclusions. Last thing you want to do (like Bush did after 9/11) is do something stupid based on bad intelligence.

Go in strong against Russia with the poisoning like Johnson and the Tories = Bad

What exactly should have his reaction have been? The most sane and adult thing to do in that situation is to not to jump to conclusions. Last thing you want to do (like Bush did after 9/11) is do something stupid based on bad intelligence.
Exactly.

Especially if the alternative to saying 'clearly this points towards Russian, but let's wait for some concrete evidence' is to say 'it was definitely Putin and we have evidence' and not actually do anything other than later being proven a fecking lair about the evidence. Why are we even talking about Corbyn here? It's just a new stick for the right and centre right to beat him with after they used all their old sticks in the last election.

Not to derail, but that intelligence was knowingly bad.

Agree with your point though.

Makes you wonder what the Government are doing. Probably have circumstantial evidence pointing too Russia and used Porton Down as the public evidence thinking it was safe to do so. I'm hoping thats the case and it's not that the Government gambled on a very early conclusion without letting Porton Down do the full analysis.

That's exactly my point.

As for your second point I'm saying that the only real evidence that we have been given that Russia actually manufactured the chemical was a lie told by BoJo.

There may be other evidence but we don't know it. To tar and feather Corbyn on evidence we don't have seems just wrong to me.

To be honest, I'm really trying to tar and feather Johnson. Corbyn's just an unwitting benefactor of Johnson's incompetence. I don't think Johnson being wrong makes Corbyn right - I think they were both wrong. The evidence is the evidence, it hasn't changed as a result of the Porton Down thing.

To be honest, I'm really trying to tar and feather Johnson. Corbyn's just an unwitting benefactor of Johnson's incompetence. I don't think Johnson being wrong makes Corbyn right - I think they were both wrong. The evidence is the evidence, it hasn't changed as a result of the Porton Down thing.
What is it?

These are the facts:

• Obscure russian chemical weapon design
  • Last seen stocked in Russia
  • Hard to come by, hard to make
  • State sponsor likely needed to make it and deliver it
  • Enemy of Russian state the target
  • Russia has recently done this before with similarly obscure type of weapon only available in Russia, requiring similar types of state sponsored support and they were caught doing it
  • 28 countries have kicked out Russian diplomats because it's fecking obvious who did it

These are the facts:

• Obscure russian chemical weapon design
  • Last seen stocked in Russia
  • Hard to come by, hard to make
  • State sponsor likely needed to make it and deliver it
  • Enemy of Russian state the target
  • Russia has recently done this before with similarly obscure type of weapon only available in Russia, requiring similar types of state sponsored support and they were caught doing it
  • 14 countries have kicked out a load of Russian diplomats because it's fecking obvious who did it
False flag.