Jarrad Branthwaite

When I see Aston Villa splashed 50M on Onana, I think 60-70M sounds reasonable for Brathwaite considering his age and talent.

Clubs like Pool, Spurs, Villa sell player on profit so they could do more deals, also it shows their initial recruitment policies were good but we cant say that for UTD as I can't remember selling a player on profit after Ronaldo.

This new regime/direction is certainly bringing hope if you look at the players we have been linked with. Hope we can benefit from having right hierarchy now. Initial windows may look over spent a bit but eventually we could strike the balance.

We have been very clear with you about the price though, just like we were with Onana. Villa didn't feck about making bids for half of the valuation. They made a bid at the price we set and the deal is done. No games, no fannying about.
But your asking price is based on fantasy, you are trying to bullshit your way to a big price. Only problem is no other big team anywhere is interested (as we shouldn't be), and United are not spending big.

We have been very clear with you about the price though, just like we were with Onana. Villa didn't feck about making bids for half of the valuation. They made a bid at the price we set and the deal is done. No games, no fannying about.
On behalf of INEOs, I would like to apologise for not over bidding on a kid who’s playing a season in the PL.

Imagine being this smug when all your club does is fight relegation every year..

Have you paid full price for absolutely everything in your life?
You do realise there is this thing called … negotiations?

Have you paid full price for absolutely everything in your life?
You do realise there is this thing called … negotiations?
Not when we have no interest in selling. I honestly cant understand how so many Utd fans aren't grasping this.

Imagine being this smug when all your club does is fight relegation every year..

Nobody is being smug. Pot kettle though... loads of people on here still seem to think Utd are a super power up with Real, Bayern etc.

Utd finished 8th last season and get their backsides handed to them by Gala and Copenhagen.

You are an average PL side that looks like it has limited money to improve the squad and your stadium is falling to bits.

@SilentWitness

I imagine it's quite rare that when any club at this level enquires about any valued player that the selling club comes back and says "70 million or next best offer!"

Setting your price is pretty standard I'd say, being firm on it also. Then the buying club either agrees or there is a negotiation.

Everton are fully within their rights to say "we will not be responding to any further bids below this number."

The fact that you and some other Everton fans seem to be framing that you've been in some way aggrieved is very odd.

You are an average PL side that looks like it has limited money to improve the squad and your stadium is falling to bits.

Fun rage bait.

At least this lad had a loan at PSV so he will experience winning at least 1 trophy in his career.

Repeating the same mistake would be bringing in De Ligt who looks to be a big name on the market.

Branthwaite is big, fast, two footed and a proactive defender.

I can’t work out why people think he is slow, or sluggish. He is nothing like Maguire, he defends on the front foot, Maguire is awful in that manner.

Some of the other names that get thrown up there like Diomande are currently far inferior defenders to Branthwaite.
Agree. The problem with Branthwaite is price and Eveton, not quality

Also, for me the biggest problem with Maguire is not just that he is slow, even though it is a significant problem for the system we want to play, the biggest problem is that Maguire is situationally blind. Maguire is shockingly horrible at situational awareness, which is why he has so many crazy blunders. If a defender or a ball is flying at him then he can do things, but as a defender he has not a clue what is going on around him. He is truly horrible overall. Few defenders are that blind, at his level

I have lots of respect for Everton Football Club, Its a great historical English club.
If nothing else, they gave us Wayne Rooney for relative peanuts.

I rate Branthwaite, he’s a very good young CB who has shown his qualities in a pressure cooker environment (relegation battles are no joke), I don’t get the people who are dismissing him vs Leny Yoro who they watched in a 3 minute compilation on YouTube, from a farmers league where every single match was a dead rubber.

If Everton have a certain price in mind, and unless the player puts in a transfer request or refuses to train, etc, there’s really nothing to be done here other than waiting for the situation to change or meeting the price.
It is what it is.

I genuinely can’t believe we’re again about to repeat the past mistakes, seems like this leadership change did absolutely nothing.

Signing Branthwaite for £70m would be repeating the same mistake we made with Maguire, he has 1 half decent season at a small club after joining for £1m 3 years ago and is worth nowhere near £70m so we would just be over paying for an average English CB again.

Not when we have no interest in selling. I honestly cant understand how so many Utd fans aren't grasping this.

You were open to selling him though, before Onana was sold.

Are Everton paying the full asking price for the players you are going to buy this summer?

You were open to selling him though, before Onana was sold.

Are Everton paying the full asking price for the players you are going to buy this summer?

We were never 'open' to selling him. Hence why we have always been clear about the 70m fee. We have set that from the very start. Before the PSR deadline and before Onana was sold.

Nobody is being smug. Pot kettle though... loads of people on here still seem to think Utd are a super power up with Real, Bayern etc.

Utd finished 8th last season and get their backsides handed to them by Gala and Copenhagen.

And yet here you are posting on a forum of an average club you don’t support.

We’re average but your even below that. Championship level mate.

Real Madrid would have finished more than 14 points above us last season. You are a bang average side now and certainly not levels above us. Sad but true for you. In fact even though you beat us at Goodison last season, you made us look like Madrid in that game.

Bend over? love this propaganda. You can't afford him currently.

One season not scrapping relegation and check out this bravado haha. The shittest United side in about 3 and a half decades....and you're taking 14 points behind us as some sort of moral win? Jesus.

You have been below bang average for most of my life...and still are lad.

Can't afford him? I love this propaganda. We just don't fancy paying 25 million over the odds by the sounds.

Which is sensible, for a change.

Don't see why the club can't wait it out. Branthwaite is going to move eventually, when Everton finally gets relegated.

For the record, I've got alot of time for Everton.

And they should stick firm on their valuation. I know I would.

If he's worth 70 million to Everton that's what he's worth. They've got a young talent on their hands so why should they get shafted?

If someone wanted one of ours at Barca or Madrid I'd want the same.

We were never 'open' to selling him. Hence why we have always been clear about the 70m fee. We have set that from the very start. Before the PSR deadline and before Onana was sold.

That makes no sence, if you wernt open to selling him you wouldnt have quoted any fee and would have just said he is not for sale

The truth is Everton wanted to sell him and thought they could rip us off in the process but it didnt work.

We haven't been difficult to deal with at all. We set a valuation and you didn't meet it. We couldn't have been more clear. The only one playing games and being difficult is you.
No ‘games’ have been played by either side, nor have we been ‘difficult’. What are you on about? It’s been a pretty standard transfer negotiation for a player whose club doesn’t particularly want to sell. I’ve not seen us have our sporting director call Everton out or anything untoward.

The centre back market is pretty saturated. Just move onto someone else. I have no doubt Ashworth and Vivell can find a good alternative who fits our price range.

Of course you were open to selling him. £70m isn’t that crazy of a figure, especially these days. So either you think he’s worth nowhere near that price and £70m is more than enough to turn clubs off or you hoped some silly club(Utd of old) would rock up and drop £70m on the table and give you a big payday.

Genuine question on your statement in bold. How do you know this? They could have started bidding at £30m, and so on and so forth, surely nobody knows?

Unless the info is out there from some journos on the actual bidding process, well then fair enough. But even the info and the numbers we see reported, has to be taken with a pinch of salt?

People here are getting themselves twisted up in all sort of knots.

No ‘games’ have been played by either side, nor have we been ‘difficult’. What are you on about? It’s been a pretty standard transfer negotiation for a player whose club doesn’t particularly want to sell. I’ve not seen us have our sporting director call Everton out or anything untoward.

Come on. The price of 70m was set by us from the off. We were clear we wouldn't sell for anything less and it was our too good to turn down price. You then decided to bid half of that firstly and then when we were clear it was a no you upped it to another price which wasn't near that fee. I don't understand why United fans are being weird about it. Everton have been clear from the start what the fee should be and that anything less would see swift rejection. That's been the case in every bid thus far. It's not hard to understand and it's not like other negotiations where clubs are happy to let a player go.

Of course you were open to selling him. £70m isn’t that crazy of a figure, especially these days. So either you think he’s worth nowhere near that price and £70m is more than enough to turn clubs off or you hoped some silly club(Utd of old) would rock up and drop £70m on the table and give you a big payday.

Not really. Every club has a too good to turn down price for a player but that doesn't mean you are open to selling them. It would be the same for any of your players. If clubs were sniffing around Kobbie then you'd have a price which you'd say this is it if you want to buy him. We don't want to sell but it's a too good to refuse price.

Genuine question on your statement in bold. How do you know this? They could have started bidding at £30m, and so on and so forth, surely nobody knows?

Unless the info is out there from some journos on the actual bidding process, well then fair enough. But even the info and the numbers we see reported, has to be taken with a pinch of salt?

People here are getting themselves twisted up in all sort of knots.

Journalists and transfer people are privy to the information now. If there was any back and forth we would know.

Journalists and transfer people are privy to the information now. If there was any back and forth we would know.

Not necessarily. We hear much more of the back and forth with bigger clubs. United having a bid rejected is news for some reason. Most football business happens quietly. We never know about the vast majority of phone calls made I'd say.

Not necessarily. We hear much more of the back and forth with bigger clubs. United having a bid rejected is news for some reason. Most football business happens quietly. We never know about the vast majority of phone calls made I'd say.

Pretty much everything is reported nowadays.

Not really. Every club has a too good to turn down price for a player but that doesn't mean you are open to selling them. It would be the same for any of your players. If clubs were sniffing around Kobbie then you'd have a price which you'd say this is it if you want to buy him. We don't want to sell but it's a too good to refuse price.

If you’re willing to sell him for a “too good to turn down price” then it means you’re open to selling him. If you weren’t you’d flat out reject any offer no matter how big and you’d have made it clear publicly that he’s not for sell at any price. Instead you made it known he’s available for £70m. You don’t do that if you have no intention of parting with him.

If you’re willing to sell him for a “too good to turn down price” then it means you’re open to selling him. If you weren’t you’d flat out reject any offer no matter how big and you’d have made it clear publicly that he’s not for sell at any price. Instead you made it known he’s available for £70m. You don’t do that if you have no intention of parting with him.

Perhaps we have different opinions on what open to selling means. In my mind it is visibly putting a player in the availability window and making it clear that we are open to offers etc. which isn't what we have done. We have said we want to keep him, he's happy at Everton and we will reject any bid which doesn't meet our valuation.

Similar to Brighton in the Caicedo, Ferguson etc. days. I wouldn't have said they were 'open' to selling either. Rather they also had a too good to turn down offer.

Just wait until they get relegated and pick him up for 40. Not hard is it.

Just wait until they get relegated and pick him up for 40. Not hard is it.

The offer of 45m plus 5m addons that was made was generous and above his market value, im sure if had been one of Evertons fellow cartel clubs like Newcastle or Villa who were in for him instead of us and had made that offer they would have accepted it.