Jarrad Branthwaite

It's absolutely fine that they want to call him a £100m player - that's their prerogative.

But when his agent knocks on the door the day the transfer window closes and asks why the lad is being paid wages 10% of what a £100m player earns, I hope they're ready to get their chequebook out.

Everton can set the price at whatever they want and he can have value to them beyond money. I'm not an everton supporter so i dont care about or have anything to say about that.
Random football heads coming out saying hes a 100m player just makes me think they're dumb

I’d be very happy with De Ligt and Yoro. We ain’t getting this guy now as Everton don’t need the money as much since they’ve sold Onana.

It's absolutely fine that they want to call him a £100m player - that's their prerogative.

But when his agent knocks on the door the day the transfer window closes and asks why the lad is being paid wages 10% of what a £100m player earns, I hope they're ready to get their chequebook out.

We haven't. A random bloke has.

He’s an 100m player now that they don’t have to sell him. How ironic. If they didn’t sell Onana then this gets done for like 60m. They was desperate for cash now there not so much.

Former Villa and Everton chief exec, Keith Wyness told Football Insider‘s Insider Track podcast:

“I just laughed again when that second bid came in – it’s nowhere near a valuation of a player of that quality.

“He’s a generational talent. I’m not being an Everton fan here, it’s just nowhere near enough.

“It’s a ridiculous way to conduct their transfer dealings.

“When I was in the Premier League, all the chief executives knew each other – and you get to know how each other move on transfers.

“Coming in with such a lowball offer just destroys your integrity.

“Of course there is a margin for negotiation, but you’ve got to be in the ballpark to be taken seriously.

“Dan Ashworth is in now, we’ll have to see if he can bring some sense to negotiations.

“£45m with £5m in add-ons, that’s still laughable.

“I’ve always said it’s going to be a £75m base fee, with add-ons. I’ve said months ago that he was a £100m player.

“He’s the right age, with the right talent. He performed spectacularly last season.

“He’s shown his athleticism and he’s also a very bright, stable and grounded kid.

“Branthwaite is everything you want in a centre-back.”

He doesn't realise how silly he's making himself sound. Everton can value him at whatever they want but the offer he mentions is reasonable.

He's probably around a 55m player. One good season in the Premier League. For 100m you would want William Saliba.

Seems that he may have been right.

Fair enough, I will eat humble pie if it turns out to be true. It's all still very opinion based at the moment.

So apparently we're in talks with Bayern but if Yoro chooses us we'll dump them and De Ligt.

"Hang on Batern, we're waiting for this other guy to make a decision before we confirm whether we're wasting your time or not"

He doesn't realise how silly he's making himself sound. Everton can value him at whatever they want but the offer he mentions is reasonable.

He's probably around a 55m player. One good season in the Premier League. For 100m you would want William Saliba.
I dont think prices have changed really from Van Dijk joining Liverpool. I'd say saliba would be the most expensive cb signing in the world and i'd see him as 80m personally. I could see prime, established Nesta or Maldini going for 100m but no one else. Guys like Diaz and Laporte go for 60-70m, De Ligt for 50m. I cant imagine any one player being worth two De Ligts, thats silly to me.

This makes a lot more sense, but we can get De Ligt now by the looks of it but we're stalling as he's "decent". We could probably get more for Maggs, but he'd be the much better option to keep than Lindelof who's gone under the radar for how poor he is.

This makes a lot more sense, but we can get De Ligt now by the looks of it but we're stalling as he's "decent". We could probably get more for Maggs, but he'd be the much better option to keep than Lindelof who's gone under the radar for how poor he is.
Don't think Maguire wants to leave. I wouldn't mind keeping Charlie Sheen as he improved this past season, but we need money!

Don't think Maguire wants to leave. I wouldn't mind keeping Charlie Sheen as he improved this past season, but we need money!
I'd rather keep him and Lindelof if Banthwaite is their replacement. If we sign him for big money it's a sign nothing has changed, which is becoming a bigger elephant in the room as time goes on.

IF and it's still an enormous one we got Yoro then presume we will sell Lindelof and go for backup LCB

So got a bit bored and did a bit of digging into the ages of starting CBs in the PL.

I think I might have changed my mind a bit on Branthwaite.

I hope that next time Everton comes knocking out doors we ask for full market value for each and every player. They got some great bargains from us in the past.

I hope that next time Everton comes knocking out doors we ask for full market value for each and every player. Friendship works both ways and they made some great bargains on us in the past.
Yeah, the bastards! Like Donny....well OK, not Donny. But Schneiderlin!! Or not him, you know, but.....

Yeah, the bastards! Like Donny....well OK, not Donny. But Schneiderlin!! Or not him, you know, but.....

Phil Neville, english international sold for peanuts. Howard was an excellent keeper for them. Garner is another one.

IF and it's still an enormous one we got Yoro then presume we will sell Lindelof and go for backup LCB

We are apparently looking for a left footed CB who can also play LB, maybe Castello Lukeba of RBL might be an option as he fits that description and is only 20 with the pitential to be a really good player.

I hope that next time Everton comes knocking out doors we ask for full market value for each and every player. They got some great bargains from us in the past.

Full market value + some arbitrary mark up just for Everton because that's our too good to walk away price.

You sell low and buy high from everyone.

We need to learn from that. A discount should be given to friends. That always help in football when friendship is mutual. Everton had made it obvious that they are not friends

Last edited:
We are apparently looking for a left footed CB who can also play LB, maybe Castello Lukeba of RBL might be an option as he fits that description and is only 20 with the pitential to be a really good player.

So nothing in these links to an actual LB then

So apparently we're in talks with Bayern but if Yoro chooses us we'll dump them and De Ligt.

"Hang on Batern, we're waiting for this other guy to make a decision before we confirm whether we're wasting your time or not"
Bunch of wankers, those guys

We need to learn from that. A discount should be given to friends. That always help in football when friendship is mutual. Everton had made it obvious that they are not friends

Football is a business at the end of the day.

Good way or a bad way?
Good way. I don’t want us spending stupid on him but when you consider his age and physical profile I can see why Everton are holding out for a lot more.

He’s probably the best U21 CB in the PL at the moment (I’m classing Gvardiol more as a LB).

It’s incredibly rare to have a player his age be a starter for a PL side at CB.

It makes sense to go one last time for him and then be done.

We know we can enter the region of ~£50m but how far beyond that we go is important in how INEOS is viewed but also how we can allocate funds for other deals too.

[
Football is a business at the end of the day.

business can be mutual beneficial. Parma and Juventus for example had always made sure to keep things cordial between the two with Juventus getting Parma talent at reasonable prices while Parma getting some great bargains. It worked for both clubs. United seem to have had something similar with Everton. I remember SAF saying that United could have made more money out of Phil Neville but he nudged him to Everton because its a good club who always treated United fairly. I don't think that asking 70m for Jarrad can be considered as so.

United will always shed decent talent. It might be down to talent (playing for United require a high level of talent), character or it could be simply down to luck/patience. It takes little for the club to divert transfers and loans to a friendlier club and with the U18s doing so well, I do wonder if its a good idea irking such a club. We might as well sell our next Garner, Phil and Howard on the cheap to clubs who are competing against you for that EPL spot.

Last edited:
[

business can be mutual beneficial. Parma and Juventus for example had always made sure to keep things cordial between the two with Juventus getting Parma talent at reasonable prices while Parma getting some great bargains. It worked for both clubs. United seem to have had something similar with Everton. I remember SAF saying that United could have made more money out of Phil Neville but he nudged him to Everton because its a good club who always treated United fairly. I don't think that asking 70m for Jarrad can be considered as so.

We don't want to sell him though and he's not pushing to leave as of yet. Players we have bought you've wanted to sell or wanted to leave.

We don't want to sell him though and he's not pushing to leave as of yet. Players we have bought you've wanted to sell or wanted to leave.

He had agreed personal terms so we both know that he wants to leave. Don't take me wrong Everton is free to ask whatever they want for their player as much as United are free to conduct their sales the way they wish. You might believe that business always reign supreme in terms of transfers but it does not. Fingers do get burnt at times even at the highest level. Walker would have sold Shearer to anyone but us and at the time we were the Real Madrid of the UK. I bet it would be easier for Manchester United to divert our wantaway talent away from Everton and to a rival club if we want to.

He had agreed personal terms so we both know that he wants to leave. Everton is free to ask whatever they want for their player as much as United is free to conduct their sales the way they want to. Fingers do get burnt at times even at the highest level. Walker would have sold Shearer to anyone but us and at the time we were the Real Madrid of the UK. I bet it would be easier for us to divert our wantaway talent away from Everton and to a rival club if we want to.

No, that doesn't mean a player wants to leave.

Reckon around 60 with 5 addons is what Everton likely consider and 55 with 10 what the club will offer.

That's basically capitulating to Everton demands. They said 70M and we're offering 65M.

No, that doesn't mean a player wants to leave.

If he doesn't want to leave then he wouldn't agree personal terms. He'll just say that he's got a long term contract with Everton and he's not even entertaining the idea of leaving. He might not break the manager's door to get his move but that doesn't mean that he doesn't want to go.

If he doesn't want to leave then he wouldn't agree personal terms. He'll just say that he's got a long term contract with Everton and he's not even entertaining the idea of leaving. He might not break the manager's door to get his move but that doesn't mean that he doesn't want to go.

Wanting to leave and being open to leaving are two different things.

The good sources have indicated he's happy at Everton and hasn't indicated that he wants to leave.

That's basically capitulating to Everton demands. They said 70M and we're offering 65M.

True but I reckon it's give and take in the ball park for negotiations given they have sold Onana.

Additionally 65 million (including add-ons) is closer to a Stones / Ben White proposition compared to Maguire / Gvardiol which Everton have referenced as market value. Everton in such instances compromise 5 million and if the term of payments is amalgamated over a period of time it's beneficial for FFP.

Objectively getting De Ligt for 42 million would be a player below perceived market value which is a good deal, overpaying marginally for Jarrad under those conditions is reasonable for me.

That's in region of 107 m for two defenders (53.5 per player) one's an established center half whose still young but has a plethora of experience and the other's a domestic promising prospect with league experience.

True but I reckon it's give and take in the ball park for negotiations given they have sold Onana.

Additionally 65 million (including add-ons) is closer to a Stones / Ben White proposition compared to Maguire / Gvardiol which Everton have referenced as market value. Everton in such instances compromise 5 million and if the term of payments is amalgamated over a period of time it's beneficial for FFP.

Objectively getting De Ligt for 42 million would be a player below perceived market value which is a good deal, overpaying marginally for Jarrad under those conditions is reasonable for me.

That's in region of 107 m for two defenders (53.5 per player) one's an established center half whose still young but has a plethora of experience and the other's a domestic promising prospect with league experience.

I'm with you, the extra 5-10m won't make or break the club. It'll go from a reasonable deal to paid a bit too much.

The meltdown from the anti-INEOS, nothing has changed people will be something to behold and the resident Everton fans will do a victory lap. Only downside the club might actually suffer from this is some reputation damage for giving in to Everton's demands.