Jarrad Branthwaite

Yes because we briefed that we would walk away a week or so ago and back we go with an offer that's £10m more than the last one.
I missed the brief, I guess.

I don't think this is remotely close to giving in to what Everton want. But some will moan at anything.

You can value him at £200m, doesn't mean clubs can't make offers.

Good thing I haven't said that then. All I'm saying is that when we have a clear valuation of the player and you're making these bids, it's only with one intention. To unsettle the player.

All this is, is you trying to unsettle him into pushing a move and trying to dick swing.
Just two clubs trying to get the best deals for themselves. You want bigger fee for yourself, we are trying to get him for a reasonable fee. I don't see anything wrong. It all comes down to what the player wants at this stage.

And it's not we are doing a Real Madrid trying to sign him on a free. Now that's the real dick swing. :lol:

Good thing I haven't said that then. All I'm saying is that when we have a clear valuation of the player and you're making these bids, it's only with one intention. To unsettle the player.
In most transfers selling clubs always overvalue the players initially and then settle for a lower offer. Why are your club being so precious about it?

Yes? Id be bothered if any club was putting in bids way below the valuation we have clearly set for months.

The game then becomes one where the player agitates, becomes unhappy and threatens to not sign a new contract. If you want that situation then sure go ahead and play that game. You'll only weaken your position for next year.

Otherwise look at reality and the prices being paid for other CBs. Valuation can't be just made up numbers. Why 70m and not 120m?

Just two clubs trying to get the best deals for themselves. You want bigger fee for yourself, we are trying to get him for a reasonable fee. I don't see anything wrong. It all comes down to what the player wants at this stage.

And it's not we are doing a Real Madrid trying to sign him on a free. Now that's the real dick swing. :lol:

I don't think it is really. We have set a clear valuation for him that we have made absolutely no signs of budging on for a month or so now. Think it's purely tactics to unsettle him.

They wanted £70m, we've got upto £50m with just our second offer, we're doing a pretty shoddy job of not giving into what they want.
So you know we are still 20m off what they want and still think we are giving in. Honestly..

He should kick up a fuss. Your overvaluing him and blocking a transfer. You've set a price that one club in world football can meet and everyone agrees would be completely stupid to do so.

In most transfers selling clubs always overvalue the players initially and then settle for a lower offer. Why are your club being so precious about it?
He should kick up a fuss. Your overvaluing him and blocking a transfer. You've set a price that one club in world football can meet and everyone agrees would be completely stupid to do so.

Comments like these are why other fans dislike fans of 'bigger' clubs. Expecting clubs and players to just lie down and succumb to your demands. :lol:

The value is his value to US. Not his value to you, or his value to how highly people rate him. There is no precious nature to it, Brighton realised that if a club wants a player it will be on their terms and it seems like we feel the same.

I don't think it is really. We have set a clear valuation for him that we have made absolutely no signs of budging on for a month or so now. Think it's purely tactics to unsettle him.
As I said, it comes down to what the player wants. If as reported at the start of this saga that he's happy to stay at Everton then you have no need to be concerned as we agreed personal terms with him ages ago and he hasnt agitated yet.

Comments like these are why other fans dislike fans of 'bigger' clubs. Expecting clubs and players to just lie down and succumb to your demands. :lol:

The value is his value to US. Not his value to you, or his value to how highly people rate him. There is no precious nature to it, Brighton realised that if a club wants a player it will be on their terms and it seems like we feel the same.
That’s crazy no other club has thought of this. My God !

That’s already overpaying.
Depends how highly he's rated within the club. I think £50m is about right given age, current level of play and what he could potentially be.

It will be rejected anyway and can't see us paying more than that.

As I said, it comes down to what the player wants. If as reported at the start of this saga that he's happy to stay at Everton then you have no need to be concerned as we agreed personal terms with him ages ago and he hasnt agitated yet.

Still comes down to the club. We rejected Stones' transfer request and Chelsea bids and held our resolve, only for him to come back, continue to play and then sign for City for the money we wanted later on.

Value is a subjective term and you dont have a monopoly on deciding what it is.
Caicedo kicked up a fuss when Brighton did the same.. Theres nothing to lose from the players point of view. If he's actually worth 70m then he plays every minute of every match no matter how difficult he is.
Chelsea are dumb but not even they're dumb enough to bother with Colwill in the team.

Still confused by this. We don't need a first choice left-footed CB with Martinez here unless we're planning to move him to LB which would be a mistake.

£50m quid is more than a proper offer for this lad....if he was that much better he'd be in the Euro squad right now

take it you toffees or piss right off

Damn, we're not messing around this window!

The rumours and reports from trusted sources have been pretty epic and encouraging...but we've not actually signed anyone yet! We're pretty elite at preparing and monitoring though.

Still comes down to the club. We rejected Stones' transfer request and Chelsea bids and held our resolve, only for him to come back, continue to play and then sign for City for the money we wanted later on.

Which is true however the last three seasons Everton have finished below 14th, to receive 50 million offer for a player is asking a lot of them (being competent with rejection) being under different circumstances compared to Stones who was playing during a period when the club were comfortably around the top 8.

I don't see a situation where Arsenal or City come in to sign a player in that position who's team is closer to relegation, it's too risky and inadequate given the present quality of their respective teams.

Something off about this one.
I think we've gone for someone knowing we won't get them, the price will be too high and we're playing a very public game of resetting expectations for the club.

Miss out on this guy through negotiations.

Shows the football world we're not going to bend the knee.

"A second bid for Jarrad Branthwaite has gone in"

ss-160909-911-attack-mbe-630_5.jpg

Ofcourse. You are well within your rights to keep rejecting bids until you're asking price has been met. And the player has been reported to be happy to stay at Everton. You hold all the power.

I don't see how a new bid changes much on your end. If we wanted to unsettle the player he would have done so after the first bid itself. It's not like we made an improved offer on his previously agreed terms that he starts to agitate now.

Yes, we do, because we are *selling* him.
I get your overall point but we can still offer what we think is fair, you can entertain negotiations or tell us to piss off.

Nothing wrong from either side.