Jarrad Branthwaite

The rumours and reports from trusted sources have been pretty epic and encouraging...but we've not actually signed anyone yet! We're pretty elite at preparing and monitoring though.

I think they're negotiating well! Reported fees are all positive and we managed to get a snake like Joorabchian to reduce his commission. These things take time.

Zirkzee is basically one step before here we go. It seems pretty close on the De Ligt front if we're messing around with other deals. Ugarte it seems like we're a bit further away but I think we'll get it across the line.

Sales are positive too with Greenwood seemingly being sold close to 25-30m and at least one transfer offer for Sancho (seems like Juve will move for him eventually). I'm not getting excited by the Maguire / AwB rumors just yet but imagine they manage to sell all of Casemiro, Greenwood, Sancho, Maguire, AwB and Lindelof in one window!

I get your overall point but we can still offer what we think is fair, you can entertain negotiations or tell us to piss off.

Nothing wrong from either side.

You can, but in both bids and in all our leaks to the media thus far, we have set a clear value we want to be met. Now, I will look very silly if we accept something below that but I don't think the club can be any more clear and the good sources are all reporting that the 65/70m value we have set is legitimate. Any other bids below that are relatively, if not completely pointless.

Top tier for Everton news. Rejected as expected. I think it's time to walk away.

Your confusing price with value. You can set the price, everyone can agree its overvalued. Your definitely not *selling* him at that price.

I'm not, because I've consistently spoke about our value. Not yours, or anyone else's.

Hopefully we have other planned targets and don’t go with our entire budget on this guy otherwise this new regime is nothing different than previous one.

He wants the move, that will put pressure on Everton to get it done

The way Romano writes his tweets always baffle me. What is ‘United consider De Ligt and Branthwaite as separate deals’ supposed to mean? How in any way could they possibly be connected in the first place?

The way Romano writes his tweets always baffle me. What is ‘United consider De Ligt and Branthwaite as separate deals’ supposed to mean? How in any way could they possibly be connected in the first place?

I would take that to mean they would sign both of possible?

I think they're negotiating well! Reported fees are all positive and we managed to get a snake like Joorabchian to reduce his commission. These things take time.

Zirkzee is basically one step before here we go. It seems pretty close on the De Ligt front if we're messing around with other deals. Ugarte it seems like we're a bit further away but I think we'll get it across the line.

Sales are positive too with Greenwood seemingly being sold close to 25-30m and at least one transfer offer for Sancho (seems like Juve will move for him eventually). I'm not getting excited by the Maguire / AwB rumors just yet but imagine they manage to sell all of Casemiro, Greenwood, Sancho, Maguire, AwB and Lindelof in one window!

Aye aye, say it quietly but it's a pretty exciting time. I like the profile of who've targeted and the prices rumoured so it's been quite delightful to see INEOS' influence behind the scenes with this footballing structure.

It's been 84 years.....*Wipes away a tear*

must mean we want both of them.

Hopefully we have other planned targets and don’t go with our entire budget on this guy otherwise this new regime is nothing different than previous one.
Considering it looks like de Ligt and Zirkzee are close I don't think our budget will be going on any singular player

That we want both not one or the other

I know they keep saying it but to me I don't know how they can be seen as separate. We have 2 CB starters, I doubt either Branthwaite or De Ligt come as a backup role, both would be decently big financial packages to bring them in, and we already have Martinez here. I get we are interested in both, but they are obviously connected deals.

I'm not, because I've consistently spoke about our value. Not yours, or anyone else's.
Then as the player i'd be demanding a new contract to reflect my value to the club. 270k a week roughly or to be let move on to a club more in line with my value as a player. If im worth 70m then i should be playing champions league football, not pissing about with Dyche fighting relegation.

Something off about this one.
I think we've gone for someone knowing we won't get them, the price will be too high and we're playing a very public game of resetting expectations for the club.

Miss out on this guy through negotiations.

Shows the football world we're not going to bend the knee.

I have similar feelings to this. No way Everton are accepting this new offer.

Unless we have more sales already lined-up or a secret war chest, I do'nt know how we can be bidding such money if we're also trying to seal Zirkzee, de Ligt and Ugarte.

This could be an unsettling bid for Branthwaite, let him sulk for a few weeks, then come back in with a third and final offer before the season starts after we've already acquired key players. Further letting Everton know that our budget is far more limited.

I wonder if Everton would be intersted in Maguire or Lindelof in part-exchange?

"A second bid for Jarrad Branthwaite has gone in"

ss-160909-911-attack-mbe-630_5.jpg
:lol:

Should of moved on after the first bid, forget playing games anymore on players who have potential having heavy ridiculous tags on them

"far below Evertons valuation" ... yeah, walk away. Or run, actually.

have to finally break this "those suckers will cave and pay up anyway" cycle.

Then as the player i'd be demanding a new contract to reflect my value to the club. 270k a week roughly or to be let move on to a club more in line with my value as a player. If im worth 70m then i should be playing champions league football, not pissing about with Dyche fighting relegation.

He can do that if he wants. We can also tell him to suck it up as he has a contract until 2027.

I know they keep saying it but to me I don't know how they can be seen as separate. We have 2 CB starters, I doubt either Branthwaite or De Ligt come as a backup role, both would be decently big financial packages to bring them in, and we already have Martinez here. I get we are interested in both, but they are obviously connected deals.

Ah ok fair enough, so just saying one is not contingent on the other. Just an odd way to say it.

Let's move on then.

Can’t see Everton getting that from any PL club with PSR rules being what they are. It’s a question of whether Everton actually want to cash in and balance their books or if they’re going to hold tight on the valuation knowing it’s unlikely to be met.

Dan Ashworth can operate two fax machines at once.

Chuckling at the idea of Ashworth on a mad one on his own in the office randomly firing out faxes to all and sundry while laughing maniacally

Should of moved on after the first bid, forget playing games anymore on players who have potential having heavy ridiculous tags on them

Depends, as stated above this could be a game United are playing letting the world know we don’t pay out stupid fees anymore.

All whilst doing our actual bidding on de Ligt etc.

All this is, is you trying to unsettle him into pushing a move and trying to dick swing.
Oh, I think we're halfway there. And you lot might need a prayer.

To keep him, if he really wants the move. Which it sounds like he might.

He means they want to sign both and not one or the other

Good luck to Everton, I hope they get their £70/80m.

I just hope is we aren't still stupid enough to pay up towards the end of the transfer window after we've had a shite start to the season and panic as normal.

He has three years left on his contract. If he only had a year left it would be more precarious but at this stage I expect we feel confident.

We will get him by the end of the window.

The second bid was far too high if we knew it was likely to be rejected. I hope we don’t go above £55m.

Jarrad used to work on the (Bramley Moore) docks…

This will be some good insight to how INEOS will deal with things. Two rejections, INEOS are shopping in the 40-50 mill range this window, based on other deals currently being done. Do they walk away to actually make the point that we will no longer get strung along and try to stop the "english tax" killing us, or are they desperate for an english signing and we are going to get Maguire'd again.