Jarrad Branthwaite

It's almost as weird to care about what some random fans say on twitter. You can go on United twitter and find comparably weird tweets but nobody posts them because...who cares?

It's almost as weird to care about what some random fans say on twitter. You can go on United twitter and find comparably weird tweets but nobody posts them because...who cares?
You think when Ronaldo was linked to Madrid, you had our fans acting salty that Real failed to land him in 2008?

‘We don’t want to sell one of our best players but please make a bid for them!’
He's so good, should go around the same as the world record fee for a defender after just one season in the prem but why on earth aren't you trying to take him off us? Truly something else this lot.

You think when Ronaldo was linked to Madrid, you had our fans acting salty that Real failed to land him in 2008?

Twitter barely existed in 08. I'm talking about the here and now. It's quite easy to find people who are United fans or claiming to be United fans on twitter posting comparatively weird stuff but it's not posted because they're not considered the norm of the fanbase. The type of people posting above are laughed at as being donuts by sensible people in the fanbase as I imagine United fans will do too. It's why there is a thread on here about Goldbridge and laughing at him for example.

His two footedness for me makes him more of a priority over De Ligt if we can get him for a reasonable price. When Martinez is out we desperately miss a player who can pass the ball with his left foot.
For a team that conceded 58 PL goals last season, personally I'd say sorting out the defence and not conceded so many goals is much more important than this new fad of having a left and right footed CB because of passing angles.

For a team that conceded 58 PL goals last season, personally I'd say sorting out the defence and not conceded so many goals is much more important than this new fad of having a left and right footed CB because of passing angles.

A fad that's been around for decades.... I would have thought after seeing us last season struggle to pass out when Martinez was out as well as seeing the struggles England had not having a left footed CB exacerbated by a right footed LB that maybe just maybe there is something in having a left footed LCB at the back who can open up more passing lanes. Either way its not an either or. Its not like Branthwaite is a worse defender than De Ligt, so why not solve both issues at the same time through buying the 1 defender.

A fad that's been around for decades.... I would have thought after seeing us last season struggle to pass out when Martinez was out as well as seeing the struggles England had not having a left footed CB exacerbated by a right footed LB that maybe just maybe there is something in having a left footed LCB at the back who can open up more passing lanes. Either way its not an either or. Its not like Branthwaite is a worse defender than De Ligt, so why not solve both issues at the same time through buying the 1 defender.
He is absolutely a worse defender than de Ligt.

I get it's important in modern football to be able to pass out from the back and have as many passing angles open to you. However defences win you championships, that's never changed. If the opposition can't score they can't win.

Personally I also think it's important we have serial winners and leaders like de ligt at the club. Guys who know what the benchmark is to win trophies and bring mental strength into the dressing room, training ground and pitch.

It's not always about technical ability, sometimes its about how badly you want to win and how much desire and determination you have. The more players we get in like that i.e. de ligt / Ugarte etc the better off we will be.

If our main criteria for Branthwaite is that he's young, english and amipedal then that's just daft. I said it before, I don't see what his appeal is, just looks a bog standard CB to me. If he was Bulgarian not English, would we be as interested?

Give us Branthwaite and we will show him what a proper injury looks like within a fortnite

Last edited:
I get it's important in modern football to be able to pass out from the back and have as many passing angles open to you. However defences win you championships, that's never changed. If the opposition can't score they can't win.

Personally I also think it's important we have serial winners and leaders like de ligt at the club. Guys who know what the benchmark is to win trophies and bring mental strength into the dressing room, training ground and pitch.

It's not always about technical ability, sometimes its about how badly you want to win and how much desire and determination you have. The more players we get in like that i.e. de ligt / Ugarte etc the better off we will be.

If our main criteria for Branthwaite is that he's young, english and amipedal then that's just daft. I said it before, I don't see what his appeal is, just looks a bog standard CB to me. If he was Bulgarian not English, would we be as interested?

It is important, however, we brought in the likes of Casemiro, Varane and Ronaldo which didn't change anything. Liverpool brought in Robertson, Salah and Van Dijk, hardly bastions at the time of serial winners and leaders.

The point being you can win a title with serial winners and you can build players into becoming serial winners, it doesn't have to be one or the other and a lot of times can be a mix of both.

When you look at the fact we have Yoro who looks like he is ready to be the starting RCB and Martinez who is the starting LCB, where is the weakness? Our depth at RCB with Maguire, Lindelof and Evans or our depth at LCB? You have the opportunity to bring in a young highly touted and talented premier league proven player who also ticks the boxes in terms of the style of play needed e.g. fast, aggressive and good on the ball, who can challenge both Yoro and Martinez at LCB or RCB or a De Ligt who whilst a good defender, doesn't have the same athletic abilities and at LCB would be no different to playing Maguire there. Now, would I be upset if we settled on De Ligt? of course not, however Branthwaite provides so much more upside in relation to the way we want to play at LCB, especially as a third choice CB. Now if the idea is that De Ligt would be first choice at RCB over Yoro then fine, however we will still be in the same position as last season where if Martinez gets injured we will struggle to progress play on his side which is based on the way EtH wants the team to play. It just makes so much more sense to go for Branthwaite.

Everton fans on X are so strange. They want to keep Branthwaite but also at the same time they want us to buy Branthwaite rather than buying Yoro. Never witness something like this before.

Everton fans on X are so strange. They want to keep Branthwaite but also at the same time they want us to buy Branthwaite rather than buying Yoro. Never witness something like this before.
Maybe it’s more just shite banter along the lines “haha you couldn’t get JB & instead went for an injury prone Yoro as second choice”

Probably annoyed because they know United of recent years would be paying the lot, probably more

I think they know he’ll end up at United either in August or next summer and it’ll be for less than they ideally want

It's like a shitty Brazzers cuckold scene where the "Husband" gets off watching his wife get fecked.

It's the weirdest kink in football Being furious your best player wasn't getting sold.

Serves the Everton fans who were mocking Yoro's injury right, the weird bastards.

How about a loan with an option to buy for £70 mill? In exchange they get Lindelof or Maguire on a similar deal. In a low block, those two are probably even better than Branthwaite.

If they go bust by november we re-negotiate the deal gainst paying up in january.

Tarks and Branthwaite are both injured. Branthwaite had a small operation and is still slowly getting back from that and Tarks had a knock and is also slowly coming back.
Branthwaite already being injured is a sign of him already trying to fit into the United way.
Love to see it

Edit: I see others already made the joke :(

Newcastle we could rather spend 60m on guehi then on him. Just saying

It will be interesting to see how much Guehi goes for. The tweet and article didn't align. Tweet said 60m deal and article stated fee was in excess of 60m.

Who knows what the thinking is. They have their share of big, strong bastards in Burn, Botman and co. Maybe they want a different profile with Guehi.

It will be interesting to see how much Guehi goes for. The tweet and article didn't align. Tweet said 60m deal and article stated fee was in excess of 60m.

Romano said Palace want 65m

...which will strengthen Everton's stance about min. 65m for Branthwaite

Romano said Palace want 65m

...which will strengthen Everton's stance about min. 65m for Branthwaite
It would only weaken Everton's hand. Guehi was picked ahead of Branthwaite for England and is being valued by Palace below Everton's Branthwaite valuation.
It's not really that significant though when Everton are saying they don't want to sell. £70m is above the players' actual worth because they don't want to sell.
As long is the player doesn't kick up a fuss it means little.

It would only weaken Everton's hand. Guehi was picked ahead of Branthwaite for England and is being valued by Palace below Everton's Branthwaite valuation.
It's not really that significant though when Everton are saying they don't want to sell. £70m is above the players' actual worth because they don't want to sell.
As long is the player doesn't kick up a fuss it means little.
I don't think clubs care about who got picked ahead of who for England.

United and Everton probably both rate Branthwaite higher than Guéhi, and with the latter now moving for £65m, it's even less likely IMO that Everton lower their demands for the former. Not that it was likely in the first place anyways, though.

We're not bringing in another CB before we bring in a midfielder surely?
I think if we offload McT and Sancho (Plus Lindelof/Mejbri and other 'fodder') then we can get Ugarte and Branthwaite

No thanks, not needed anymore and highly unlikely we can justify shelling out £50m+ on another defender