Jarrad Branthwaite

I just have this feeling we will see this picture on a Ornacle or Romano tweet in a couple of weeks

iu

Is it possible that Everton want to keep him because they actually need him as they need to have a set of good players to survive in the PL? They sold Onana already, and No one is going to pay them 80m for Branwhaite so they basically asking for "a handoff" fee to keeps teams away

Is it possible that Everton want to keep him because they actually need him as they need to have a set of good players to survive in the PL? They sold Onana already, and No one is going to pay them 80m for Branwhaite so they basically asking for "a handoff" fee to keeps teams away
I think their preference probably is to keep him yeah.

Only reason INEOS are taking their sweet time getting a player who wants to join in de Ligt, is that they still hope they can get the first player the bid for and that is Jarrad, In my humbe opnion, please don`t flame me.
No, it's because they need to sell to buy. Same reason as every position now

Probably, I'd say scoring goals is going to be a much bigger issue than conceding though. Pickford and Tarkowski are probably their 2 best players, put them in a dyche system and they'll be hard to break down even with a journeyman cb. I'd cash in to invest elsewhere, its a really poor team in parts.

Possibly. Though ten years or more of the 'United Tax' gets me thinking that had it been us after Onana, a 22 year old PL proven CM, established in the Belgian national team - and Villa after Branthwaite, a 22 year old PL proven CB, barely selected by England and overlooked for their Euro squad - then it would have still been us being demanded £70m+ for Onana, while Villa got to agree a £50m fee for Branthwaite.

Because, ability wise, there isn't £20m+ difference between the two, and midfielders of a similar calibre are usually a little more expensive, not £20m+ cheaper, than defenders. So can't help but feel this is mainly a continuation of most clubs being asked one type of price, but the United Tax always pushing up ours.

I just have this feeling we will see this picture on a Ornacle or Romano tweet in a couple of weeks

iu

The way this summer is going, I actually agree with you. I can see Everton lowering demands, Bayern not budging and we opt for Branthwaite.

The way this summer is going, I actually agree with you. I can see Everton lowering demands, Bayern not budging and we opt for Branthwaite.
Not sure why Bayern wouldn't budge but Everton would. Bayern are trying to shift him and buy a new CB. Everton don't want to sell him, said the only price they'd entertain and have 3 years left on his contract. Bayern look the obvious candidate that will fold.

Dont think Everton will budge this season. They can always sell him next season. He has 3 year contract so we should actually conduct our business and forget about him for this season.

If Everton actually come back, we should stick to 40+5m bid and tell him that we will pay 30-40k more per week

Dont think Everton will budge this season. They can always sell him next season. He has 3 year contract so we should actually conduct our business and forget about him for this season.

If Everton actually come back, we should stick to 40+5m bid and tell him that we will pay 30-40k more per week
He will never be signed on that salary.

He wants to join. Everton don’t want to sell. Unless for a fleecing fee.

It’s over for Jarrod coming to Utd this summer.

According to the sources this deal has no impact to Branthwaite. 70m or no sale resumes apparently.

I think the best we can hope for here is that he doesn't sign a new contract and we get him for closer to £50m next summer.

His two footedness for me makes him more of a priority over De Ligt if we can get him for a reasonable price. When Martinez is out we desperately miss a player who can pass the ball with his left foot.

According to the sources this deal has no impact to Branthwaite. 70m or no sale resumes surprised by they. Everton to say “ok guys you can have him for free now because we need the money.

According to the sources this deal has no impact to Branthwaite. 70m or no sale resumes apparently.
Surprised by that, I thought Everton would say “ok guys you can have him for free now because we need the money”

I think the best we can hope for here is that he doesn't sign a new contract and we get him for closer to £50m next summer.
I reckon they'll sell this summer for a deal that reaches a guaranteed £60m over the course of his contract. Everton probably suspect that he isn't renewing and wants to leave.

Still think this has legs.

Is it Tarkowski (butchered the spelling there) who is injured currently? I read somewhere he might have a bad injury during training

Is it Tarkowski (butchered the spelling there) who is injured currently? I read somewhere he might have a bad injury during training
Tarks and Branthwaite are both injured. Branthwaite had a small operation and is still slowly getting back from that and Tarks had a knock and is also slowly coming back.

It's a multi-club thing. Lyon are owned by Textor who is also involved in Palace who Lyon obtained O'Brien from.

The Textor network is doing things that look so shady on its face, with Botafogo and the Saint-Jean Molenbeek club (relegated) especially. Players being bought at record amount for the concerned club then sold off within the group to another club for a chocolate bar. Looks like going around potential FFP constraints (or the local accounting authorities).

I reckon they'll sell this summer for a deal that reaches a guaranteed £60m over the course of his contract. Everton probably suspect that he isn't renewing and wants to leave.

Still think this has legs.
He'll soon start getting pulls and strains in them as soon as he joins us. :(