Jarrad Branthwaite

If true we should definitely move on and conclude the De Ligt deal (or another target if they've been working on others).

Happy to draw a line under this one - while remembering it for future negotiations between the clubs. Definitely hope we play hardball over any future dealings and don't sell for any reduced fees.

It’s funny how people see positives in situations that are the same. Everton have an asking price that United refuse to meet.

Bayern Munich have an asking price United refuse to meet. But for some reason posters think Everton’s stance means we can go and get De Ligt.

Neither are happening unless the selling clubs loses their stance. We aren’t getting anymore defenders.

It’s funny how people see positives in situations that are the same. Everton have an asking price that United refuse to meet.

Bayern Munich have an asking price United refuse to meet. But for some reason posters think Everton’s stance means we can go and get De Ligt.

Neither are happening unless the selling clubs loses their stance. We aren’t getting anymore defenders.
Both situations aren’t the same. We closer in valuation to De Ligt. De Ligt is more experienced, is a better defender and cheaper. He has played with our manager and we need a defender. Push comes to shove we will sign De Ligt over Brathwaite this summer. Majority of the cafe wants us to sign De Ligt and with Everton not budging there are more chances of us signing De Ligt.

Uhhhh, a bit different as Bayern want to sell De Ligt and the asking price they've set is much more reasonable compared to Everton who have said that they don't want to sell. Funny how you don't see that.

Very different situations.

First, because the fees involved for De Ligt are smaller. Second, because Bayern want to sell De Ligt, where Everton don't want to sell Branthwaite.

Obviously that makes one transfer much easier than the other.

First, because the fees involved for De Ligt are smaller. Second, because Bayern want to sell De Ligt, where Everton don't want to sell Branthwaite.

Yeah exactly definitely not comparable

Nonsense. Everton's asking price is well beyond what's reasonable, and what should be spent on a player of that level. It's a feck off price. Bayern want to sell and that's just a matter of negotiating. De Ligt will happen, and it has to happen. Heading into the new season with Martinez, Yoro, Maguire, and Lindelof is lunacy.

I just hope no more time is wasted on this particular deal.

This would work in our favour if we pull out of this nonsense valuation by Everton under our new ownership, it will show other prospective sellers that we are no longer managed by idiots that will pay over the odds for players without a proper back up plans coming into the transfer window.

Nonsense. Everton's asking price is well beyond what's reasonable, and what should be spent on a player of that level. It's a feck off price. Bayern want to sell and that's just a matter of negotiating. De Ligt will happen, and it has to happen. Heading into the new season with Martinez, Yoro, Maguire, and Lindelof is lunacy.

Would you sell both Maguire & Lindelof,if not which one are you keeping and for what reason?

This is not to dig out Utd fans, because most fans of other clubs, would sadly act the same, but this was depressing to read from the athletic. Totally except there has been a back forth between the sets of fans leading up to this but.

The fact that 99 per cent of the replies to the tweets we posted about the demise of the Friedkin Group’s (TFG) takeover related to United’s pursuit of Everton’s talented centre-back is almost as depressing as the state the 146-year-old club find themselves in today.

Almost but not quite because Everton — nine times champions of England, founding members of the English Football League and co-creators of the Premier League, Liverpool’s senior club — are in a deep hole and that is far more serious than transfer banter.

Would you sell both Maguire & Lindelof,if not which one are you keeping and for what reason?

No preference between the two as footballers but Lindelof's contract expires next season, so it has to be him. Martinez, De Ligt, Yoro, Maguire, Shaw is a very food defensive lineup.

This is not to dig out Utd fans, because most fans of other clubs, would sadly act the same, but this was depressing to read from the athletic. Totally except there has been a back forth between the sets of fans leading up to this but.
Can’t speak for anyone else let alone the whole fanbase, I found any danger to other well-established club very depressing. It sucks to see Everton in such situation.

I don’t care much about Branthwaite transfers, to be honest. All that being said, the fact that the negotiations for him being so difficult naturally irks other fans, especially when Everton is to be a club where so many transfers occurred between the two clubs.

Again all down to personal preference of “who you want”. Nothing is ever the same but the premise is.

Everton have set a price so I don’t know where this, they won’t sell is coming from.

Bayern Munich although they want to sell are not showing signs of reducing their asking price and have put in the media they are willing to let their number 1 target in Tah go if they don’t get their asking price.

Both things are exactly the same regardless of what you say. If United want any of these players they will have to decide where they want to spend the extra funds and from what I can see they value Branthwaite as their top target. It’s not like De Ligt isn’t an easier deal to do.

Hopefully Everton’s stance lessons as the window goes on as I see us not getting no additional defenders if Bayern don’t drop the price or if we can’t shift Maguire.

That's all well and fine, let's move ahead and close the gap with De Ligt then.

We already signed a young CB prospect, we need an experienced one now. Should cost quite a bit less than 70m too...

Yet if we got in touch and said alright we will pay your valuation see how fast they would change their mind :lol:

For the record Everton are perfectly entitled to value him at whatever they want but looks pretty clear they were assuming we would pay it given our past history but they must have missed the bit where Woodward and his cronies are no longer in charge.

Looks like this won't happen. They will be happy to Maguire us all the way to deadline day, knowing we've blinked before.

I think the gleeful hand rubbing yesterday was embarrassing on here but with that stat if it is reliable I'd imagine that there are 2 factors worth taking into consideration.

Firstly there are obviously a huge number more Man Utd fans than Everton on Twitter and that is understandably their main interest in Everton currently. Also this time of year football twitter is only really interested in transfers and don't care about anything else in general.

you could purchase both De Ligt and Tah for what Everton want for this twat....think about that

Yeah football is in a really poor state. The banter / rivalry needs adjusting to staying on the football pitch. There needs to be more solidarity off it. Everything is just really badly misaligned.

Having said that. Everton's ownership troubles are long running at this point and while everyone would have been sorry to hear about it falling through, theres probably not much more to be said on the subject. Like it or not Branthwaithe has become a transfer story for the summer. When journalists have to write an article for the end of the day and are casting around for something to talk about he's liable to wind up the story. Transfer muppets who want to 'win' the transfer window get dragged into the conversation. And its just thrown up some weird and interesting comment. Particularly recently. I think i've commented in here a lot, so im kind of guilty of dancing on everton's grave too. Social Media is weird.

Love how we’ve backed away from this and won’t give in anymore. Previously we’d have coughed up the 70m and signed him.

There will always be a tinge of self interest when you hear about the ill fortunes of other clubs - We've had that ourselves with other sets of fans revelling in the Glazer's running of our club - but you have to remember it's not all fans.
Unfortunately, once again, social media fosters this level of toxicity.
And the media taking the moral high ground it's laughable. Our clubs are just in the process of negotiating a transfer. We're in our right to bid and Everton are entitled to refuse. But from the reporting of it you would think our two clubs are at war and every unrelated decision is some kind of calculated tactic to get one over the other.
The media tries to fuel the X Vs Y narrative for the sake of clicks, the complains when some fans get carried away with it.

With the Yoro signing, we don’t need another young prospect centreback. We should be going for someone who’s about to enter their prime years such as De Ligt.

And yes it’s good that we’re not caving into demands that seem excessive. I doubt Woodward would have moved on if he were still here in combination with Glazer dithering.

Our Maguire pursuit and eventual transfer (along with Wan-Bissaka) seemed more damaging to our reputation at transfer dealings in hindsight. Really sent the message out we would eventually cave in.

Feel sorry for Branthwaite - great opportunity for him to move on but his club are going to hold on come what may. Nobody paying what they want.

A season of Dyche ball for Jarrad then.

Think his chance to join Utd has now sailed. Shame.

If I was him, I'd be annoyed at being priced so unfairly. What has he done to warrant a £70m price tag? I understand paying for potential, but after one decent season, you just can't be asking for more than £40m in the current market.

Get him on the cheap next season when their entire club folds/gets relegated.

We don't have to do ALL our business in one summer. We've got another midfielder to bring in too.

If I was him, I'd be annoyed at being priced so unfairly. What has he done to warrant a £70m price tag? I understand paying for potential, but after one decent season, you just can't be asking for more than £40m in the current market.

Would he though ?
Bigger fee means bigger commissions for his agent and possibly bigger bonuses and wages for him. And it is a good argument to force Everton to give him a raise.

I knew I liked Everton. We seriously need to stop paying a fortune for overrated English players.

Everton clearly think he is vital to their survival and much more so than Onana. In which case the additional 20 odd million they might get is also not enough of an offset.

We have an open goal in the form of deLigt and hope we are able to close this quickly now. Perhaps the door is still open to move for braithwade next season when Evans and likely Maguire leave and hopefully we have CL football to look forward to