Jarrad Branthwaite

If I was him, I'd be annoyed at being priced so unfairly. What has he done to warrant a £70m price tag? I understand paying for potential, but after one decent season, you just can't be asking for more than £40m in the current market.

Some news earlier about him .. not exactly agitating but really wanting to move to United this summer. I'm not sure what Everton's strategy is here tbh. Very likely he won't sign a new contract with them and run his current deal down. Maybe not a target for next year but the year after that for minimal amounts of money.

There's also the real risk of relegation and being forced to sell.

“No intention of selling this summer” “Only consider selling if valuation met” :lol:

Posturing whilst also in the same breath kind of begging.

I like Branthwaite, think he’d be a good buy, just not at anything above 55mil. Has a bit of everything but unless United and Everton can find a middle ground it just ain’t happening.

Fair enough really.

He makes a lot of sense as a long-term target, but the reality seems to be he's currently worth substantially more to Everton than he is to us.
Aye. Not sure why anyone is getting cranky or taking offence in this. From what I’ve seen he’s not a £70m player (at least when you compare him to other players on the market). He might become one, he might not, but Everton want to sell him at that level and they won’t be able to buy anyone as good with the money from sale they’ll be allow to reinvest.

This is not to dig out Utd fans, because most fans of other clubs, would sadly act the same, but this was depressing to read from the athletic. Totally except there has been a back forth between the sets of fans leading up to this but.

I have no desire to see a club like Everton is trouble but TBF I think the stuff you are quoting is very much driven by the incredibly weird narrative, driven by EFC journos, that stemmed from the Yoro signing.

Sounds like we might give him a new contract. Probably double his wage, perhaps extend the deal (I hope)?

3193050-65416269-640-480.jpg
Sounds like we might give him a new contract. Probably double his wage, perhaps extend the deal (I hope)?
There’s only one man capable of handling such a negotiation on behalf of Branthwaite. Sure, he’d have to double his entire client base but the air is thin at the top of the mountain.

Shame that our perfectly reasonable bid seems to have destroyed relations between the two clubs. Their fans seem desperate to sell him to City or Madrid now just to spite us.

Getting De Jong vibes from this lad. Not sure why we are still in for him. Just pass on him, and wrap up De Ligt so he can being training ASAP instead of having him join us mid-august.

There’s only one man capable of handling such a negotiation on behalf of Branthwaite. Sure, he’d have to double his entire client base but the air is thin at the top of the mountain.
feck sake. :lol:

Getting De Jong vibes from this lad. Not sure why we are still in for him. Just pass on him, and wrap up De Ligt so he can being training ASAP instead of having him join us mid-august.
Very different situation

de jong was a player in demand who played for the Dutch champions and didn’t express an interest in coming to United other than what was reported in the papers - he also said how much he likes living in Barca post signing

Branthwaite lives in Liverpool and plays for Everton

Feel sorry for Branthwaite - great opportunity for him to move on but his club are going to hold on come what may. Nobody paying what they want.

A season of Dyche ball for Jarrad then.

Think his chance to join Utd has now sailed. Shame.
Yeah, you wonder how he feels about it.

He will end up moving eventually, next summer being most likely at this stage.

Although much as Id love to see it Everton arent going to be relegated this season so it will probably cost the same or more.

Feel sorry for the player really.
I don't, he signed the contract with no release clause, it's not a new thing in football and is getting paid handsomely probably more in a week than most of us get in a year

I'd have like to sign him but Everton want big money and we don't want to match it. Move on and put it all behind us.

If he has a blinder this season then maybe he'll be worth caughing up the big dough next year but not now.

You made a right mess of that.

You put the picture inside the quote! Unless it was intentional, in which case I look like more of a prick than usual.
Oh, I’m sorry, haven’t you heard of editing people’s posts with pictures of Charlie Kane, grandad? You’ve probably never even heard of Nintendogs.

Oh, I’m sorry, haven’t you heard of editing people’s posts with pictures of Charlie Kane, grandad? You’ve probably never even heard of Nintendogs.
One day it'll happen to you and I hope you remember this cruelty.

Would he though ?
Bigger fee means bigger commissions for his agent and possibly bigger bonuses and wages for him. And it is a good argument to force Everton to give him a raise.
Some news earlier about him .. not exactly agitating but really wanting to move to United this summer. I'm not sure what Everton's strategy is here tbh. Very likely he won't sign a new contract with them and run his current deal down. Maybe not a target for next year but the year after that for minimal amounts of money.

There's also the real risk of relegation and being forced to sell.
Of course none us really know but as a young English player - odds are he'd love to move to United. The chance may not come around again as we're not just going to keep a slot free waiting for him. There's been lots of reports already about his frustration in the lack of negotiation. That being said, he could also be very respectful to Everton and not want to go for less than their valuation, so I suppose we'll just have to wait and see if he publicly shows his frustration.

I think fair play to both clubs. They're entitled to ask for whatever they want, knowing that if he ends up having a poor season his value will plummet, or maybe he'll shine, which isn't easy when you're fighting relegation. Everton's biggest problem currently is that there's no demand for him outside United, which makes it harder to drive the price up.

As far as we're concerned, it makes more sense to move on.

why have Everton been so vocal about this “saga”. Didn’t they brief the media after we signed Yoro as well

If Everton are not going to do a deal for 55m, then let's go with de Ligt, shift Maguire due to the similarities between him and the Dutchman, and the fact that both are good defenders but shouldn't really partner each other in central defense, then probably keep Lindelöf, and Branthwaite can stay as a long-term target for future transfer windows...or we can go for someone like Hancko or Lukeba, and keep Maguire. Both scenarios would mean 2 quality CBs coming in, with only Maguire/Lindelöf leaving.

I'd like to see both de Ligt and Branthwaite at United, however for the latter, even though I marginally prefer him to the former, the opportunity will almost certainly present itself several times in the next ~5 years. With de Ligt, you never know when's the next time he becomes available.

Last edited:
:lol: When you’re that high up, nobody gets you or comprehends your genius. A man. An island.

:lol: When you’re that high up, nobody gets you or comprehends your genius. A man. An island.
Those skid marks on his office floor are like World Cup stars on a jersey. Every time he locks one of his client into a career crippling contract, he gets a new one.