Jarrad Branthwaite

Back to that first offer I say. What was it? £35 million plus some add-ons?

Earlier over at Grand Old Team:

The question is, do we need the money?
No we don’t need the money. That was easy.
The fact United were happy to match Villa's 50m for Onana makes their offers for Branthwaite even more laughable.
good, wouldnt sell to united now anyway.

A couple hours later:

He will be off now won't he
I have a horrible feeling that instead of Dan Friedkin paying the bills it'll be Jarrad Branthwaite.
Would you take £30M now?

I feel this gets done if United pay 50-55m straight up cash , I dont think we have heard last of this saga .

Ducker with a tweet saying maybe it gets done after all.

He probably doesn’t specifically know something yet - but you can see movement here for a fee of around £55m.

Him and Yoro in addition to Martinez, Maguire, Evans would be our best collection of CB’s for over 10 years.

Shit situation for Everton, but does put United in a stronger negotiation position. Their disappointment at United shifting interest to Yoro makes more sense now.

It would be stupid of us to pay 50-55m straight cash.

It depends How highly he is rated by United , we have already made bid of 45+5 m in add-ons So the suggested fees isn't far off its just the matter of Cash Flow .

Wondered how long it would be until a journo tried to sell him!

Seriously though, I am interested to see where we go from here. Club need to put out a stronger statement with more clarity regarding the situation and potential impacts on the club and transfer window.

We have a game in 4 hours, feels a bit weird to be playing now!

Well, I dont see getting him and De Ligt as well.
Strange that De Ligh links have cooled. It seems that we are not moving for him.

Seriously though, I am interested to see where we go from here. Club need to put out a stronger statement with more clarity regarding the situation and potential impacts on the club and transfer window.

From what I've read, it sounds like you're a bit fecked.

dc446f22cd0d40a88126aea4a97598cf.jpg

You've just paid £50m for an 18 year old with 1 year left on his deal.... when the other club were offering £20m. You've over paid for a bang average dutch striker... even paid more than his release fee and a ridiculous agent fee.

Lets not pretend United have changed, you've just dished out 2 ridiculous fees.

The problem you have is our fee is above your budget currently.

We paid €2.5m extra so that we could spread the payments over several years, improving the financial status of the transfer.

From what I've read, it sounds like you're a bit fecked.

Indeed, just need to wait for a bit more info to see how fecked we are though. I feel sorry for Thelwell and Dyche, there is a massive disconnect between them and board level. They're miracle workers really having to deal with all this nonsense and still manage to get players in and keep us up.

Branthwaite as the 2nd CB makes more sense than De Ligt.

Yoro is a right footed CB, so the 2nd CB being left footed to cover Martinez, be the long term replacement for Martinez and enabling us to play one at LB in emergency scenarios works. Also rotating Branthwaite and Yoro for minutes works for their development and their current standing, while De Ligt would expect to start most matches.

I'd guess they would accept a similar fee to Yoro.

Did we go up to 45+5 in our last bid for the Carlisle Kaiser? That seems to be right figure and hope it's get done at that. I don't mind helping out Everton here if they have got down from their high horse.

The meme posting about this is pretty embarrassing and callous.

It is - and it would be extremelt sad if a great club like Everton went to the wall.

But having seen how much joy and validation their fans have taken in the havoc bad owners have wrought on our club, it's hard not to feel a little schadenfreude in their direction.

To be honest mate I'm frustrated for you. Branthwaite is just a drop in the ocean compared to what's happening at Everton, you guys cant catch a break.

Hopefully proper owners come into play soon.

Couldn't Branthwaite primarily be competing with Shaw for LB which essentially means that he would be our starting LB?

Quite funny how this may end up going, don’t have anything against Everton but the reaction to this deal has been so bizarre.

Feel sorry for Everton, they’re a great club. I could understand the frustration of having a club like United swan in there and try and pilfer their players. From a club perspective it’s been handled pretty fairly and logically on both sides, we’ve made offers that haven’t met Everton’s demands. No deal, that’s business. It’s the fans that bring in the banter.