Jarrad Branthwaite

I have. He's 24 soon. I wouldn't class him as young. He was on trial at Everton. He's an average striker that you've over paid for.
He turned 23 in May. By the time he’s 24, Everton will be in the Championship.

You just need to look at their forum (what was it, great old something) and it'll all be clear, bitterness and bile beyond belief. And for some reason they really hate United. The enemy of my enemy is my worst enemy, weird folk. This Branthwaite thing really did a number on them for some reason.
They are in a rough position. So basically any attempt to nick anything good out of their club is making them mad. Very little positives for them to look forward to.

No evertonian is angry or unhinged at it. We simply don't care.

We are delighted it looks like you've moved on. We didn't and don't want to sell branthwaite.

We've reacted to utd fans all over Twitter acting like utd have got some kind of win over Everton. I've seen things like 'Everton fans bitter cos Ineos won't play 3D chess with Everton'

Like.... What? We didn't even want to talk to you about branthwaite
You know 3D chess is just called chess, right?

“We don’t care” is usually mentioned by people who care way too much.

The hysteria in that article is hilarious. Branthwaite has 'set the premier league on fire' has he?! Even for an opinion piece that's ludicrously one eyed and emotional
Yeah that's a bit of an exaggeration and this is coming from someone who rates Branthwaite.

I don't know why Everton fans are getting so worked up over this. We've made two respectable bids for him that obviously don't match Everton's valuation and that's fine. They've managed to sell Onana for a decent fee so they're not under as much pressure to sell now. Good for them. They are banking on Branthwaite having another great season and as I've said I won't be surprised if he does and his valuation even goes up next summer with more clubs interested in him.

There's a reason why no top team is interested, he's been priced out.

Don't get me wrong he's a good and promising defender but 70M is a ridiculous fee. I don't blame Everton though, he's their new jewel so why would they give him for cheap? They're not trying to get rid of him, if you want him then overpay otherwise they're fine keeping him.

I think we should move away from English targets, there's way too much money on the premier league so teams demand premier fees for their players it's only natural.

Look how Madrid operates, I known it's been talked but I think their model is great and we should look to replicate it. When was the last time they got someone from the premier league? Rudiger on a free and before Courtouis on 2018/19 but he was on the last year so it was a fee of around 35M if im not mistaken.

They get players from all the other top leagues where prices are reasonable, I don't think the quality and the price demanded for premier league players is aligned, I don't know if it's for marketing purposes or something but I think we should target other league players.

No evertonian is angry or unhinged at it. We simply don't care.

You post too much for someone who "don't care". I actually know an Everton fan in real life and he truly couldn't care - "good for you and good for us" was his response.

We are delighted it looks like you've moved on. We didn't and don't want to sell branthwaite.

Like.... What? We didn't even want to talk to you about branthwaite

Good, thank you for your comments, I don't expect to hear more from you on this.

We've reacted to utd fans all over Twitter acting like utd have got some kind of win over Everton. I've seen things like 'Everton fans bitter cos Ineos won't play 3D chess with Everton'

Erm are you aware that 3D chess is just your normal real life chess? You could just say "chess" and people will understand you.

Yeah that's a bit of an exaggeration and this is coming from someone who rates Branthwaite.

I don't know why Everton fans are getting so worked up over this. We've made two respectable bids for him that obviously don't match Everton's valuation and that's fine. They've managed to sell Onana for a decent fee so they're not under as much pressure to sell now. Good for them. They are banking on Branthwaite having another great season and as I've said I won't be surprised if he does and his valuation even goes up next summer with more clubs interested in him.
Exactly. This taking of offence is ridiculous. We are entitled to try to get him for a reasonable few just as they're entitled to say 'no'.

I still don't understand why they're not relieved. Surely relief should be the prevailing emotion coming out of this from Everton fans, yet the majority of them seem to be upset.

Till when is he under contract at Everton?

2027 but he’s only on £35k a week so something will have to give (if rumours are correct we’d have quadrupled that).

As above, I think a slightly extended contract with a massively increased wage and a sensible release clause is most likely to be negotiated if he’s still at Everton next season.

United final offer should be what we paid for Yoro. If they feel its an acceptable offer then fine else we should go for De Ligt.

You've just paid £50m for an 18 year old with 1 year left on his deal.... when the other club were offering £20m. You've over paid for a bang average dutch striker... even paid more than his release fee and a ridiculous agent fee.

Lets not pretend United have changed, you've just dished out 2 ridiculous fees.

The problem you have is our fee is above your budget currently.
3 year Installments. To try and paint as "ridiculous fees". Is laughble. Yet yalll wanted us to 75m + on your player with 1 year of EPL experience. A year in which you fought off relegation and barely survived. Whilst this kid was of help leading lowly Lille to a UCL spot.

Even crazier is NONE of you seem happy your boy has stayed another year. Which can legitimately add even more zeroes to his selling fees if he is stands out.

3 year Installments. To try and paint as "ridiculous fees". Is laughble. Yet yalll wanted us to 75m + on your player with 1 year of EPL experience. A year in which you fought off relegation and barely survived. Whilst this kid was of help leading lowly Lille to a UCL spot.

Even crazier is NONE of you seem happy your boy has stayed another year. Which can legitimately add even more zeroes to his selling fees if he is stands out.
Its so weird isn’t it? Feeling offended that we dont value their player so highly and almost desperate to sell him to us.

You'd think Everton and Utd fans would be united by their hatred of Liverpool.
Living in the Chester/North wales area I do find this the case. My boss is an Evertonian and we often moan together about Liverpool, all good fun.

That guy is baiting, he's looking for juicy quotes to post on their forum :lol:

You've just paid £50m for an 18 year old with 1 year left on his deal.... when the other club were offering £20m. You've over paid for a bang average dutch striker... even paid more than his release fee and a ridiculous agent fee.

"You're still dishing out ridiculous fees. Just not for us."

crying-under-mask-feels.gif

I don’t think enough is being made that we’ve put official formal offers in for him

I don’t think they’ve done that with anyone else who they haven’t already signed this summer

Don’t see United giving up. I can see another bid later in the window. I think United know exactly who they want and they will keep trying

What a troll

Nah Utd are happy to take Everton players for big fees if they are worth it. We took the only world class player Everton have had in your lifetime. He was 18 too

This lad just isn't worth it.

That guy is baiting, he's looking for juicy quotes to post on their forum :lol:
More importantly, they refer to 'chess' as '3D chess' which means the poster must be two-dimensional. You can't trust 2D folk: their opinions are skin deep, their jokes fall flat, and when they sail in a straight line they plummet off the Earth's edge. They smell funny too.

We will get this deal done before the window is over.

I’m interested to see his backdrop. A nice Merseyside picture would look good.

You just need to look at their forum (what was it, great old something) and it'll all be clear, bitterness and bile beyond belief. And for some reason they really hate United. The enemy of my enemy is my worst enemy, weird folk. This Branthwaite thing really did a number on them for some reason

It's like the only thing they can talk about:
Not the first time I’ve seen a United fan say something along these lines.

Is this a coping strategy from them? Or do they honestly think we were desperate to sell one of the best defenders in the league last season for some reason?

Every Evertonian I’ve seen thinks it’s great that they’ve moved on - and hilarious that they’ve thrown a huge amount of cash on a French prospect.
The mental gymnastics of Utd fans at the moment. They're mad at Everton for not selling on the cheap, ecstatic that they spent more money on a completely unproven kid, insisting that JB isn't good enough, but somehow not mad at Ratface for bidding £50m on him
No Everton fan is mad they're buying someone else.

It's a way of trying to position themselves as a club that arent a basket case and are in fact, still the envy of other clubs in England.

They are desperate to portray Radcliffe as heralding a wave of positive change
The media /social media response has been one of the oddest things I’ve ever seen . It’s like they’re inventing conversations in their heads then angry about that conversation . So weird

I think as well it probably stings them that they couldn’t leverage a distressed club’s position to get a great player on the cheap - as they did with Rooney and Rio Ferdinand and many others over the years.

They are used to being the bullies - only now no one takes them seriously as a credible footballing operation, let alone a giant of the game that gets what it wants.
They’re confusing with being angry with us being perplexed that they’d happily drop £50million on a very inexperienced player who only has a year on his contract after all their ‘we won’t be bullied’ posturing. They made it so obvious that had no other CB targets, the lad was going for nothing next year, they need a guy who can hit the ground running day one.

Make no mistake, I am thrilled Branthwaite is with us. Next summer or so, I fully expect him to go to a real elite club. At least City/Madrid and the like don’t mess around with fees. Big club mentality.
Weird replies from Man Utd fans posting from tin huts in Lagos.
I don’t mind the lowball bids. Jim shoulda just kept his mouth shut. Made a fool of himself. He looks a much weaker owner now after the Yoro transfer regardless of how it turns out. Wouldn’t be surprised if they continue to get skinned on transfers
Yeah Manure seem very butthurt over it all. The weird reports they tried to spread yesterday of Everton "being surprised" that they were working to buy someone else scream of that insecurity. Seems they want to portray some strange idea of Everton desperate to sell, but turning down the offers anyway, and now Manure have played them by moving on and buying another player, when we were sure they would come back and offer again for the player we told them we dont want to sell.

Comes off incredibly childish, but seems their "fans" have eaten it up.
What it's communicated to me is that if you don't want to lose a player to United, you just have to say no twice - and then Ratcliffe will reflexively pivot to any player he can instantly get his hands on and overpay for them instead. Because that will show us.

The guy is a strategic genius.

They've been punished for breaking FFP while City escape with 115 charges and they (City) are "real elite club". This is just...I have no words. What is wrong with these blue scousers?

Yoro is one of the world's best young prospects right now. Branthwaite is talented but I don't think he is as highly rated...i don't understand why the Everton fans don't seem to grasp this. Fair enough if they rate him at 70m, they have every right to. But why would we be angry at Sir Jim for not overpaying?