Jarrad Branthwaite

The haters said we couldn't get him and they were right. Honestly, great call by the haters.

Lurkhurst is making shit up. The fixed fee for Yoro is 50m euros.
the price will continue to rise once you include add ons, signing on fees, VAT, agent fees, salary over 3 years, all the other extras over 5 years, petrol for the car carrying Yoro etc

I haven't seen that much of him but so many young English defenders get a big name with hype and their club ask for a huge fee and they drop into obscurity within a few years like that Oxford lad at the Hammers a few years back that was supposed to be brilliant

It's just funny. A narrative is being set that we are angry that we have missed out on him being sold when we didn't want him sold in the first place which is why we set that value. :lol:

I don't think many fans take any notice of this, Luckhurst is one that best ignored, most of the stuff he put out last season around Utd was trash

It's just funny. A narrative is being set that we are angry that we have missed out on him being sold when we didn't want him sold in the first place which is why we set that value. :lol:
I think you are right on this one. Everton has way more money then Lille. You can afford to ask for what you would sell for even if it's over the top.

We need to learn from that. A discount should be given to friends. That always help in football when friendship is mutual. Everton had made it obvious that they are not friends
I still remember the stunt (going off memory so details might be off) they pulled with Cleverly, where he was on his way to Villa for a good transfer fee and then Everton came in and messed up the deal. In the end he didnt get a permanent transfer to anyone and then went out on loan to Villa for the season then left us for free straight after as his contract was up (which was at the end of the same season). Then Everton signed him on a free meaning they messed up his transfer to Villa so they could sign him a year later for free.

I have never forgot that and I will revel the day they are relegated.

I still think we'll make a final push for him once we've sold a couple of players. Whether we come close to Everton's valuation remains to be seen but I think we will try for him with a 3rd bid before going for De Ligt or anyone else.

Personally, I'd rather we get De Ligt done but with ETH's insistence on this left footed LCB, I think Brainthwate will be our first choice.

Dont forget that we have a technical director in the new system now. We do not know that ETH is insisting on anything now, or even able to.

to his defence - he's still a very good young defender that would be a great buy for many top clubs, but it's just so good seeing Everton thinking they can rinse us and us not falling for it. I'm starting to believe in the new bright days

Maybe we really have learnt our lesson and it’s good to see. Everton saw united interested in one of their players and thought they’d rinse us and let’s be honest in years gone by we would have stumped up £70M for him.

Everton are well within their right to demand as much as they want for the player. Thing is, their crazy demands seem to be to rip off other clubs rather than warding off other clubs. They seem frustrated that they haven't been able to shaft Man Utd.

Got a feeling Yoro and Branthwaite were always the first two choices this window. One right footed and one left footed. Wont be surprised if we go back in with one more bid around 55-60m before finalising on De Ligt if it doesn't happen.

Yoro/Maguire/Evans
Martinez/Branthwaite/(Shaw)

If we got De Ligt, wouldn't be too bad as Maguires comfortable on the left as much as ETH prefers him on the right

We move on. If we keep coming back with higher fee, the next time we are interested in their players, we will get price gouged again.

They can keep him. He is a good player.

Usual trick of putting our Yoro bid in Euros and Branthwaite in pounds to make them sound farther apart. Also going with the highest of the fees being reported, whereas others say €50-60m (£42-52m).

What the latter says is that we're prepared to pay similar fees for Yoro and De Ligt as we've already bid for Branthwaite. The huge gulf isn't in what we've been prepared to pay, it's in what Everton are demanding compared to clubs we're dealing with for the likes of Yoro, De Ligt, Ugarte, Zirkzee... And compared to what Everton were prepared to accept for a similarly aged and talented Belgian international midfielder (Onana).

Usual trick of putting our Yoro bid in Euros and Branthwaite in pounds to make them sound farther apart. Also going with the highest of the fees being reported, whereas others say €50-60m (£42-52m).

What the latter says is that we're prepared to pay similar fees for Yoro and De Ligt as we've already bid for Branthwaite. The huge gulf isn't in what we've been prepared to pay, it's in what Everton are demanding compared to clubs we're dealing with for the likes of Yoro, De Ligt, Ugarte, Zirkzee...
They'll say they're players the clubs want or have to sell, they dont. Both are fair.

Dont forget that we have a technical director in the new system now. We do not know that ETH is insisting on anything now, or even able to.
ETH still has his transfer veto. So we can't sign any player without his approval. I don't know what he or the club have in mind with regards to transfer targets, but we do know he prefers the right foot left foot combination at CB. Going by that I think Brainthwate might take preference over De Ligt. I hope I'm wrong though, I'd much rather we get De Ligt!

Now we’ve signed the new Rio, I think Branthwaite should shave his head to look more like Vidic

And get a tan

I’d still like Branthwaite if we can get him and would rather him to De Ligt tbh. We’ve just established the value of top class centre half, and assuming the Yoro fee is as reported at around £55m including add ins, it’s pretty much what I thought we’d end up paying for Branthwaite at the start of the summer.

I’d still like Branthwaite if we can get him and would rather him to De Ligt tbh. We’ve just established the value of top class centre half, and assuming the Yoro fee is as reported at around £55m including add ins, it’s pretty much what I thought we’d end up paying for Branthwaite at the start of the summer.

I agree he also seems versatile which is useful in the event of another lenghty injury in the defence.

It would certainly mark a new dynamic with having promising young talent across various positions, Serie A young player of the year, highest rated defensive half in Europe for his age and a reputable domestic talent who can improve.

I just don't like the idea of 2 inexperienced CBs together, De Ligt at 24 has excellent experience.

If you read the article and not the title then you'll see it's the opinion of the writer.
He still counts as Everton media though, right?

I still think we probably go back in with one more bid for Branthwaite before the end of the window, when finances become available. I'd be surprised if it reached £70m but I think we might get close. Yoro was clearly the top target and my hunch is that we still have de Ligt on the back burner if we can't do a deal for Branthwaite.

He still counts as Everton media though, right?

I still think we probably go back in with one more bid for Branthwaite before the end of the window, when finances become available. I'd be surprised if it reached £70m but I think we might get close. Yoro was clearly the top target and my hunch is that we still have de Ligt on the back burner if we can't do a deal for Branthwaite.

He's not Everton or figures at the club, which is what Luckhurst initially reported and I was speaking about.

It's worth pointing out that the Echo are also viewed by Everton fans in the same way MEN is seen by United fans. Shit stirrers.

It appears Yoro is done, we should move towards De Ligt instead of him. De Ligt is well experienced and have CPL experience and physically a monster which is valuable and required in PL. Then there is a small matter of De Ligt possibly being available for 40 odd million pounds whereas for him, we would need to be closer to 60M even that may not be enough knowing Everton has already sold Onana and they clearly have Ego issues and will try to rinse us.

Sour Evertonians, you love to see it. Good luck getting that ridiculous fee for Jarrad in the future. Be relegated in the the next year or two, club been floating around like a bad shit the last few seasons nearly going down, he'll go for peanuts then. Over priced and overrated English player, so happy with Yoro. Monster signing from United.

This Yoro/Branthwaite saga is giving me Jones/Varane vibes from 2011

Looks like we’ve got the right one this time instead of Real Madrid