Jarrad Branthwaite

United have also agreed to pay LESS than they offered Everton for De Ligt, a player who has more experience that Brathwaite.

But I don't think the fees offered for all 3 and hugely different. (Without knowing the details for each offer)

Branthwaite has 1 international appearance by 22. I'm not sure that match makes the 'no international experience' part for Yoro particularly relevant.

The 1 year left on his contract is more relevant. But we couldn't wait until then as he'd have joined Real Madrid. As, unlike Branthwaite, we had rivals for Yoro. It's a big coup if we've beaten Madrid to him, even if we've had to overpay a little (in terms of the 1 year left on his deal part).

They’re pissed off that it weakens their position of Branthwaite being worth £70-80m now.

Feels like Luckhurst us trying to stir the pot and Everton is trying to save face with Branthwhaite (who I read a few weeks ago was reported to be annoyed that Everton weren't negotiating with us) as they assumed United would be back with a higher bid

PL prices are just insanely bloated these days and if you're United, it makes way more sense to shop somewhere else. We live in a world in which we can sign 24 year old Matthijs de Ligt for a similar fee as West Ham paid for 27 year old Max Kilman. So yeah, Everton can be surprised all they want, but nobody is going to spend 70m on Jarrad Branthwaite.

Feels like Luckhurst us trying to stir the pot and Everton is trying to save face with Branthwhaite (who I read a few weeks ago was reported to be annoyed that Everton weren't negotiating with us) as they assumed United would be back with a higher bid
I think he’s rang them as soon as the Yoro news emerged to get a reaction out there.

Everton can ask for £70-80m (reported how they value him) but in a world where Yoro is £42m base and £10m add ons there is no way a club pays £70-80m for Branthwaite.

But we met the asking price and are trying to wrap up the Yoro deal without throwing a fit. What’s the problem and what’s the surprise about? That’s what Everton fans would tell you.

If Everton are putting that out, sounds like either Branthwaite isn't happy with them for rejecting the first couple of bids or they were hoping United would return with a bigger bid.

If Everton are putting that out, sounds like either Branthwaite isn't happy with them for rejecting the first couple of bids or they were hoping United would return with a bigger bid.
They can go feck themselves

A random United reporter has who United fans hate.

Everton only just now realising it takes two to agree a deal? They must realise how pathetic they sound when they also look at what could be on the table for De Ligt.

I’m guessing they were surprised that we were not complete suckers like we were under Woodward and Arnold?

Again, if they’re not going to budge on their price, move on. The CB market is plentiful at the moment.

A random United reporter has who United fans hate.
That's fair, I did say if. In any case, I think it was clear Everton preference was to sell Onana rather than Branthwaite. I think it probably suits United for him to stay there too, see if he performs as well this season.

We'll be back for him, I am sure of it. There was a reason we bid for him even before we bid for Yoro or De Ligt. We'll go for De Ligt if Everton knock back our third bid which will be in the region of £60m - £65m.

Everton only just now realising it takes two to agree a deal? They must realise how pathetic they sound when they also look at what could be on the table for De Ligt.
To be fair, they probably thought that they were speaking with Woody and Murtough.

They’re pissed off that it weakens their position of Branthwaite being worth £70-80m now.

they shouldn't be that surprised considering there are other targets out there who are younger, just as good but for a more reasonable price

everton tried to play hard ball and it back fired

It’s telling that no other club is on for Brainthwaite. We had to pay more for Yoro, as we had stiff competition from Madrid, but don’t bother convincing a blue scouser of that.

Its every united transfer thread. Theres clicks to be farmed by making stuff up. You just have more insight into this one so can see more of the absurdity.

It's just funny. A narrative is being set that we are angry that we have missed out on him being sold when we didn't want him sold in the first place which is why we set that value. :lol:

It's just funny. A narrative is being set that we are angry that we have missed out on him being sold when we didn't want him sold in the first place which is why we set that value. :lol:
Na it’s Luckhurst being a clickbaiter.

But it does highlight Everton are being a bit silly in their valuation when the higher rated prospect across Europe goes for less and international caps are being brought up.

We'll be back for him, I am sure of it. There was a reason we bid for him even before we bid for Yoro or De Ligt. We'll go for De Ligt if Everton knock back our third bid which will be in the region of £60m - £65m.

Branthwaite's ability to play RCB/LCB or LB might well mean we go for him over De Ligt

Na it’s Luckhurst being a clickbaiter.

But it does highlight Everton are being a bit silly in their valuation when the higher rated prospect across Europe goes for less and international caps are being brought up.

It's not silly when you don't want to sell.

Again, that narrative about being angry is being driven by United media, not Everton.

I still think we'll make a final push for him once we've sold a couple of players. Whether we come close to Everton's valuation remains to be seen but I think we will try for him with a 3rd bid before going for De Ligt or anyone else.

Personally, I'd rather we get De Ligt done but with ETH's insistence on this left footed LCB, I think Brainthwate will be our first choice.

It's not silly when you don't want to sell.

Again, that narrative about being angry is being driven by United media, not Everton.
I think it’s silly in the sense that when Everton next want to sign a player there’s little to then stop another club bumping the price up too.

How clubs behave in the market isn’t an isolated thing between potential buyer and seller. You’re getting a very public deal showing you over inflate the value of your players.

Onana at £50m is pretty much spot on, Branthwaite at £75m isn’t.

Maybe it’s just the case that you absolutely do not want to sell under any circumstances but do you believe you’d get that fee from any club in the future too? Do you also think the player wants to stay or would like to move at this point?

Being priced out of a move as a younger player then has a knock on when Everton want to sign younger talents with the view of being a step to the biggest clubs (I say this with utmost respect of Everton’s history)

Lurkhurst is making shit up. The fixed fee for Yoro is 50m euros.

Yeah, i mean theres probably been a bit of back on forth on that on your part to be fair. Every plausible eventuality will be covered by someone, somewhere and some people will comment on that story.
I presume you'd sell him if we actually met the 70m price anyway? As far as rebuilding your team that would go a long way and would improve you surely?

I think it’s silly in the sense that when Everton next want to sign a player there’s little to then stop another club bumping the price up too.

How clubs behave in the market isn’t an isolated thing between potential buyer and seller. You’re getting a very public deal showing you over inflate the value of your players.

Onana at £50m is pretty much spot on, Branthwaite at £75m isn’t.

Maybe it’s just the case that you absolutely do not want to sell under any circumstances but do you believe you’d get that fee from any club in the future too? Do you also think the player wants to stay or would like to move at this point?

Being priced out of a move as a younger player then has a knock on when Everton want to sign younger talents with the view of being a step to the biggest clubs (I say this with utmost respect of Everton’s history)

I mean I've repeated this multiple times but if other clubs do that then that's up to them, they're selling after all and it all depends on if you want to sell, you're actively open to selling or you're trying to sell.

I've said we don't want to sell and Branthwaite is happy to stay at Everton. All the sources from our media and the club indicate this.

Onana has been flirting with moving for ages and we are happy to let him go, hence why his fee wasn't higher and we set it at a price were we thought his value was reflected in the market.

Branthwaite hasn't been flirting with moving and we don't want to let him go hence why there is a fee we have set that is our too good to turn down price where the benefits to the club begin to outweigh the benefits of keeping the player. I think every single club in the world begins to have that with every player in the squad. For example, you and United will categorically not want to sell Mainoo, but if someone offers a fee that's too good to turn down, then you're obviously going to accept it.

I don't think it will really. We've signed or had multiple young players over the years that have moved on to bigger clubs despite holding out for big fees.

- Stones was bought for 3.5m Euros and sold for 55m Euros.
- Lukaku bought for 35m Euros and sold for 84m Euros.
- Richy bought for 39m Euros and sold for 58m Euros.
- Onana bought for 35m Euros and about to be sold for around 60m Euros.
- Gordon sold for c. 55m Euros.

Yet we are still signing young players.

Yeah, i mean theres probably been a bit of back on forth on that on your part to be fair. Every plausible eventuality will be covered by someone, somewhere and some people will comment on that story.
I presume you'd sell him if we actually met the 70m price anyway? As far as rebuilding your team that would go a long way and would improve you surely?

Yep, as said above, I think that is the price to us where the benefit to the club begins to outweigh the benefit of keeping the player.

I mean I've repeated this multiple times but if other clubs do that then that's up to them, they're selling after all and it all depends on if you want to sell, you're actively open to selling or you're trying to sell.

I've said we don't want to sell and Branthwaite is happy to stay at Everton. All the sources from our media and the club indicate this.

Onana has been flirting with moving for ages and we are happy to let him go, hence why his fee wasn't higher and we set it at a price were we thought his value was reflected in the market.

Branthwaite hasn't been flirting with moving and we don't want to let him go hence why there is a fee we have set that is our too good to turn down price where the benefits to the club begin to outweigh the benefits of keeping the player. I think every single club in the world begins to have that with every player in the squad. For example, you and United will categorically not want to sell Mainoo, but if someone offers a fee that's too good to turn down, then you're obviously going to accept it.

I don't think it will really. We've signed or had multiple young players over the years that have moved on to bigger clubs despite holding out for big fees.

- Stones was bought for 3.5m Euros and sold for 55m Euros.
- Lukaku bought for 35m Euros and sold for 84m Euros.
- Richy bought for 39m Euros and sold for 58m Euros.
- Onana bought for 35m Euros and about to be sold for around 60m Euros.
- Gordon sold for c. 55m Euros.

Yet we are still signing young players.

Yep, as said above, I think that is the price to us where the benefit to the club begins to outweigh the benefit of keeping the player.
Very thorough and good response. Fair play. Fair play indeed.

don't make me angry :mad:

if you think you’re angry, think how brandweight feels. he’s now sat on the side of the dock, looking at all his hard work sailing by, knowing he’ll never amount to anything.

if you think you’re angry, think how brandweight feels. he’s now sat on the side of the dock, looking at all his hard work sailing by, knowing he’ll never amount to anything.
Don't you just love a relegation battle year after year.