Jadon Sancho (Out) | Chelsea reach deal to sign on loan with obligation to buy

Status
Not open for further replies.
We should play hardball on this. While Sancho may not be suitable for PL (happened to Veron as well) he has proven than he can be world class in other league. He proved again last season on loan with Dortmund.

So, 40mil is a fair price.

We should play hardball on this. While Sancho may not be suitable for PL (happened to Veron as well) he has proven than he can be world class in other league. He proved again last season on loan with Dortmund.

Hardball? He's on massive wages and has no place in our squad basically. Not sure we have a lot of negotiating leverage. I think 30M would be plenty, even less maybe.

Hardball? He's on massive wages and has no place in our squad basically. Not sure we have a lot of negotiating leverage. I think 30M would be plenty, even less maybe.
Massive wages tied to performances. We definitely have leverages. He is world class in other leagues.

The same way we played hardball on Fulham with Mctominay?

Yes, nothing wrong with that. We need to change the way we operate for both buy and sell. We are not run by clowns anymore. Fulham lowball us and we see the value to keep McT. He made important contributions last season. What's wrong?

£40m is a fair price and I think United should stick to it. His stock has not fallen so drastically that he’s now worth a pittance. He still has pedigree in Europe proven by a semi-decent loan spell at Dortmund.

PSG could unlock a player there, who simply isn’t cut out for United and/or the Prem.

He had one good game in the CL semi final.

His contribution numbers over last season certainly don’t prove ‘world class’ or ‘pedigree’ of any sort.

Let’s not rewrite reality

He had one good game in the CL semi final.

His contribution numbers over last season certainly don’t prove ‘world class’ or ‘pedigree’ of any sort.

Let’s not rewrite reality
One good game only? Everyone has an opinion and all that.

Ok maybe not really world class, hence the price 40mil. If he was really world class it would be 100mil.

One good game only? Everyone has an opinion and all that.

Ok maybe not really world class, hence the price 40mil. If he was really world class it would be 100mil.
I think 40 is a tough sell unless you can do something with his wages.

Here’s a summary of his performance last season

https://www.transfermarkt.com/jadon-sancho/leistungsdaten/spieler/401173/plus/0?saison=2023

Now I’m not a fan of stats but he’s not passed the eye test either. He had 1 good game, against PSG, and idiots like Spit the Dog & McMoist were salivating at the chance to dig Utd.

The performances above suggest our own fans would be a bit daft to do the same.

I really hope we shift him, probably more than any other player, and don’t really care if he ‘lights’ up another, less intense, league.

He’s proven he can’t cut it in the Prem so it might be best for him and the club to find somewhere where he might be able to.

Last edited:
EUR40M is more than fair in a world where Ugarte is worth EUR60M. Happy to top up EUR10 - 15M for Ugarte if this materialises, which I think is extremely unlikely. But hey, one can always dream.

Yes, nothing wrong with that. We need to change the way we operate for both buy and sell. We are not run by clowns anymore. Fulham lowball us and we see the value to keep McT. He made important contributions last season. What's wrong
We're gonna lose him on a free soon, and lose funds that could help fund a replacment. That's what is wrong.

Playing hardball from a position of weakness(no other suitors), is not good negotiation, nor will it help us in the future(we did the same with Lingard/McT before).

Its just plain dumb.

I'm not totally opposed to him staying, but if we can get 40mil from PSG or Juve I'd sell; we need cash for further incomings and the positions he plays best (LW, CAM) are really the only ones we're stacked in.

mind-blown-away-fireworks-oapid7ozod9z0mbo.gif

He really didn’t prove himself to be world class during his loan. A few decent youtube moments were latched onto by the press and Sancho fans, but the bigger picture certainly didn’t show his stint to be all that good.

Except they'd want 10/15 million on top as they value him higher.

I mean let's be fair by all metrics it's hard to make a case Sancho would be worth more. Value on books is approx 30m vs 40m. Sancho has been underwhelming for a few years while Ugarte has disappointed for a season. The Uruguayan had more appearances and minutes last year.

I mean let's be fair by all metrics it's hard to make a case Sancho would be worth more. Value on books is approx 30m vs 40m. Sancho has been underwhelming for a few years while Ugarte has disappointed for a season. The Uruguayan had more appearances and minutes last year.

Both are surplus to requirements. Attacking players always have a premium.

I honestly didn’t even notice he was playing until he missed his penalty

So sheepish

Just get him out please asap

Poor penalty but blame can be laid across Rashford as well as Mctominay missing good chances.

It's not going to work out. He hasn't got the nerves, stomach, or heart for this. He needs to go and we need to be playing people who want to play the game.

I genuinely hope the half-assed performance was due to him knowing he’s going to leave soon and saving himself for a medical.

We have Sancho on the books whilst city unearth Savio who looks v lively. We are better off shipping Sancho out and getting Coman in

I wouldn't change my mind on a player just for a penalty miss. Funnily enough though, I still don't think he should play for United.

He is the one player I absolutely hate seeing in our jersey. The guy just has no business playing for us. Always half arsed and has never looked like someone who should pull on our jersey.
Far worse players than him play with twice as much passion. This is what you get when you give a youngster an insane salary. Seems like his hunger is all but gone and his absolutely shite attitude last season just made it worse.

Status
Not open for further replies.