Jadon Sancho (Out) | Chelsea reach deal to sign on loan with obligation to buy

Status
Not open for further replies.
I really hope something happens with this, he hasn’t got the mentality to be a United player. We effectively spent 2 years and 70/80m buying a JLingz replacement
Lingard always gave 100%, which didn't amount to all that much but still easily twice the player Sancho has been for us.

PSG wants more than £50m for Ugarte, which is a bit too much for someone they want to sell after only one season and the head coach does not rate, our head coach does not rate Sancho too but the club values him at £40M, I hope they negotiate some sort of money plus Sancho deal for Ugarte, this way we get rid of Sancho and his wages and bring in reinforcements in the midfield
If we can get Ugarte for Sancho +€15M I'd bite their hand off. For €15M we would essentially fix a problem, get rid of a problem and come out better off in wages.

I rate Sancho technically but not his work ethic if it suits both parties why not.

If we can get Ugarte for Sancho +€15M I'd bite their hand off. For €15M we would essentially fix a problem, get rid of a problem and come out better off in wages.
Oh that would be a dream scenario, probably major loss on Sancho's fee but we get rid of his wages, he flopped so we take the hit and cut our losses.

I feel Sancho in the squad is just a problem waiting to repeat itself. If there's any hope of a sale for a decent fee or a loan with a view to buy, then we should take it.

I've no issue with finding a deal with PSG and maintaining good relations, whether that to help a Ugarte transfer or future transfers between clubs in future.

Personally I can't abide the thought of him being at the club, much like I did with Greenwood but for obviously very different reasons.
Any solution that gets him gone is fine by me.

I feel Sancho in the squad is just a problem waiting to repeat itself. If there's any hope of a sale for a decent fee or a loan with a view to buy, then we should take it.

I've no issue with finding a deal with PSG and maintaining good relations, whether that to help a Ugarte transfer or future transfers between clubs in future.

Yeah one of my wishes for the summer was for INEOS to clear the squad of potential drama, so the manager could have a smoother season.

But you look around the squad on matchday 1 and you see Sancho, Antony, Rashford, Casemiro and to a lesser extent Maguire/Eriksen all still at the club, and it makes me think, there is a lot that could go wrong!

Last edited:
Now I was Jlingz harshest critic - could never stand him and was deligthed when he left - but i'd take him back over Sancho.
Thats saying alot.
Now that you think of it how sad is this isn't it. I would probably also take Lingard back if that meant getting rid of Sancho.

Would be ideal if we could trade him in for Ugarte.
One of those deals where you get more than scrap value when your trading in.

Is that net or gross? For some reason I thought we gave him almost double that (circa £300k per week).

He was on 250k per week but got a 25% reduction with the rest of the squad because we didnt qualify for the Champions League

I really hope something happens with this, he hasn’t got the mentality to be a United player. We effectively spent 2 years and 70/80m buying a JLingz replacement
Incredibly harsh on Lingard. Not as technically good as Sancho but his attitude, approach, work rate leave Sancho in the dust. And he scored some bangers in big games. Can’t think of anything Sancho’s done of note.

Incredibly harsh on Lingard. Not as technically good as Sancho but his attitude, approach, work rate leave Sancho in the dust. And he scored some bangers in big games. Can’t think of anything Sancho’s done of note.
Overall you are correct, I was thinking of the Lingard we finally released, not so much the Lingard under Jose and Ole.

Should sell him on for a good fee if we can get.

Wont get even that otherwise next season.

Hopefully this PSG deal pays off and he be's on his way. An asset we really really need off the wage bill. not to mention his conduct last season and absolute mediocracy as a United player.

Plus I really dont like the idea of him and Rashford being together & having influence on the rest of the squad this season. The two of them had shocking attitudes last season (and more than likely still not happy with EtH), all it takes it another telling off by the manager and behind the scenes its a sulk fest all over again. We dont need that again. Id rather just be rid

Is this rehashing old news or reporting about something very recent?
I'm really not sure.

Though, to be honest, I'm surprised they're interested.
Sure Enrique likes his possession based players but he also likes grafters.

Talks advanced to the stage of price?! Isn’t that the fist thing you’d ask ?

“Bonjour engleesh pigdogs, we are interested in your Jadon Sancho. How much will zis jizzhead cost us?”
Came here to post exactly the same thing.
I doubt they spend weeks discussing how they are interested etc and then finally after a four hour lunch get around to talking about the price over brandy and cigars.

I'm really not sure.

Though, to be honest, I'm surprised they're interested.
Sure Enrique likes his possession based players but he also likes grafters.

To be fair Sancho ran Mendes ragged in the semi-final, for instance with United its common knowledge the players petitioned the club to sign Ronaldo after playing against him, likely could be a similar situation with Enrique having seen the player first hand.

Something tells me Sancho does well in France, if United played a system more suited to his needs it's guesswork to see if he would improve but I think regardless he struggles due to the intensity of the league.

If he gets a move to Juve, PSG or a German outfit I reckon he does well.

Talks advanced to the stage of price?! Isn’t that the fist thing you’d ask ?

“Bonjour engleesh pigdogs, we are interested in your Jadon Sancho. How much will zis jizzhead cost us?”
It means they didn't immediately hang up the phone when we called them, so that is something.

Is this rehashing old news or reporting about something very recent?
Discussed last week with PSG apparently. They want a left winger. Khasha is their first choice but almost impossible to get out of Napoli. Concerns over Sancho character and whether he would fit into the squad.

Remains to be seen if PSG go ahead....

Would be ideal if we could trade him in for Ugarte.
One of those deals where you get more than scrap value when your trading in.

Ideally, we should sell Sancho for 70 million and get Ugarte for 60. Everyone else seems seems to be inflating the value across such swaps.

Would be absolutely amazing to sell Sancho. Hope PSG take him off our hands.

Any deal that gets Sancho out and Ugarte in is a good deal at this stage of the window.

Status
Not open for further replies.