Jadon Sancho (Out) | Chelsea reach deal to sign on loan with obligation to buy

Status
Not open for further replies.
United have had a good window in terms of incomings, but strengthening a direct rival is a weird move. Letting him go abroad or keeping him another year might’ve been the way to go.

Surprised Juventus didn’t follow through on that.
Can get that and in an equal choice I'd have preferred him to go abroad for that reason. But with either of the two options you mention it's highly likely we'd have been in the same position next summer as this. It's really been known he's been available for a year now and it's been hard work getting this offer, don't think we had any option but to take it even knowing it could in theory come back to bite (hopefully not as I think he's a waste of space).

Can’t fecking believe they take him. 25m is a fantastic news for us considering he wouldn’t play here under ETH anymore. Lovely

Have to disagree, I think him leaving was the right thing for him and United but him leave doesn't have much if any impact on our chances this season. E.g. if you had two options, Ugarte signs for United and Sancho stays or Ugarte (or any other midfield target) doesn't sign for United and Sancho leaves, the former is the much better scenario.

I don't think he'd have caused any issues within the dressing room, he probably wouldn't have played much and it's not like him leaving has enabled an opening for another signing or young player either.

I imagine the poster is referring to the player/manager power dynamic.
It was absolutely essential to show the squad that if you cross the manager, it matters not who you are, what you cost, or your wage, you’re gone.

I can see why Chelsea wanted him. 25m is nothing given how they do the business. Even if he is a flop, he would still be sold for 25m minimum . It's a win win for them.

Does the obligation to buy have any conditions that Sancho must fulfill in order for transfer to be fully completed next summer?

He may be a success at Chelsea but he sure as shit wasn’t one here.

This has made it a 10/10 window. We’ve got rid of all of our serious problems for decent fees and strengthened in key areas all in one window.
Whilst I think it’s been a good window, there’s no way it’s a 10/10 window. The club has 5/6 mid to long term injuries already, misfiring and inexperience strikers and have not yet shown in two years under ETH or previous year that this club can score more than 58 PL goals and guess what two games in we’ve scored 2 PL goals and have 1.5 points per game which is remarkable similar to last season.

There is a reason you can name 9 subs in the PL and use 5 of them. For the next two months this might be the 20 players we use and it’s one of the weakest squads I’ve seen in the last two decades and it might be a 9/10 for Outgoings But it’s barely a 7.5/10 for incomings, we need an experience number 9, an elite left footed right winger and another BTB goal scoring midfielder to replace Scott!

Starting 11;
A Onana, D Dalot, M De Ligt, L Martinez, N Masraoui, M ugarte, K Mainoo, B Fernandes, Garnaucho, J Zirkzee, M Rashford
Subs Bemch; (9)
A Bayinder, H Maguire, J Evan’s, Casemiro, C Eriksen, Antony, Amad, T Collyer, E Wheatley
injured List (5) M Mount, R Hojlund, L Shaw, L Yoro, T Malacia,

For me we needed to add Adrian Rabiot and another number 9 just to compete for top 4/5 and Europa League.

Watch as a repeat of incoming injuries start to derail the club even more by November and we’ll then look back and see how average this window was in terms of incoming players.

Name me one player that excites you in this current United Squad ?

United have had a good window in terms of incomings, but strengthening a direct rival is a weird move. Letting him go abroad or keeping him another year might’ve been the way to go.

Surprised Juventus didn’t follow through on that.
I’d agree if we strengthened a rival, but we have just worked to weaken them further. He will be shite for them and he’s on Massine wages. A master stroke from Utd. Sancho is guff.

I can see why Chelsea wanted him. 25m is nothing given how they do the business. Even if he is a flop, he would still be sold for 25m minimum . It's a win win for them.

If he’s been given 4 years on his current salary I’m not sure it’s a “win-win”.

Some players like Sterling you can force out, but I imagine Jadon will be delighted to be paid to do feck all.

If true there's an obligation to buy I'm very happy with this. He surely would have been out under Ferguson a long time ago behaving as he has and giving so little to the team. Fergie wasn't always right but we could do with some more of his ruthlessness in these situations.

I get that Sancho has a big salary and goid riddance and all that, but when players like Nketia are going for £30m it's really galling that we sell him for £25m because I can guarantee you under exactly the same contract, other clubs are selling him for £40-45m.

Whilst I think it’s been a good window, there’s no way it’s a 10/10 window. The club has 5/6 mid to long term injuries already, misfiring and inexperience strikers and have not yet shown in two years under ETH or previous year that this club can score more than 58 PL goals and guess what two games in we’ve scored 2 PL goals and have 1.5 points per game which is remarkable similar to last season.

There is a reason you can name 9 subs in the PL and use 5 of them. For the next two months this might be the 20 players we use and it’s one of the weakest squads I’ve seen in the last two decades and it might be a 9/10 for Outgoings But it’s barely a 7.5/10 for incomings, we need an experience number 9, an elite left footed right winger and another BTB goal scoring midfielder to replace Scott!

Starting 11;
A Onana, D Dalot, M De Ligt, L Martinez, N Masraoui, M ugarte, K Mainoo, B Fernandes, Garnaucho, J Zirkzee, M Rashford
Subs Bemch; (9)
A Bayinder, H Maguire, J Evan’s, Casemiro, C Eriksen, Antony, Amad, T Collyer, E Wheatley
injured List (5) M Mount, R Hojlund, L Shaw, L Yoro, T Malacia,

For me we needed to add Adrian Rabiot and another number 9 just to compete for top 4/5 and Europa League.

Watch as a repeat of incoming injuries start to derail the club even more by November and we’ll then look back and see how average this window was in terms of incoming players.

Name me one player that excites you in this current United Squad ?
This deserves a proper
Response but in a different thread so bear with me.

I get that Sancho has a big salary and goid riddance and all that, but when players like Nketia are going for £30m it's really galling that we sell him for £25m because I can guarantee you under exactly the same contract, other clubs are selling him for £40-45m.
Nah the striker market is fecked.

From a realistic perspective I don’t think we could have afforded much more other than a loan?

10/10 is absolutely everything was totally perfect, I don't think it was a perfect window... Think one or two loans, selling Lindelof, then you'd be talking

We have no right to be talking about depth. We're not expected to be competing for a title. We can literally afford to drop points in half of our league games and still finish top 4.

Depth matters for the clubs that need to win every single game and the margins are so tight when trying to get 90 points in the league.

Of course we can talk about depth. When we have no replacement for Mainoo, when we are currently one full back injury away from being a bit fecked, and when we're all wondering who is actually going to score goals... We can talk about depth.

We finished 8th last year, we need significant improvement to finish 4th.

Anyone knows what is the number for the obligation mentioned?

Nevertheless this has been a cracking window. Except Lindelof, we have now shipped every player we wanted. And keeping Lindelof for another year is worth just for geebs’ reactions alone.

If he’s been given 4 years on his current salary I’m not sure it’s a “win-win”.

Some players like Sterling you can force out, but I imagine Jadon will be delighted to be paid to do feck all.
I mean if you look at how low their contract offer was to Osimhen, I highly doubt that they're offering anything like his current salary.

I think it’s probably because I haven’t watched Sancho closely but I still think there’s a player there.

He wasn’t going to make it at United though so I understand why he was moved on. I wonder if he’ll end up doing well at Chelsea.

There would have to be the turnarounds of all turnarounds to make us regret essentially selling him. At best he’d be a solid dependable player. Most games for us he looks like the typical academy kid any club brings into the first team who go from ‘talented but raw’ and ‘wasteful and naive’ multiple times in a game. The problem was he cost us millions of pounds to get him and was paid hundreds of thousands per week.

I can’t name a game from memory where I thought he was amazing. He might have scored an amazing goal or provided an amazing assist in that game, but even in those games he was just there

Whilst you may have a point and it is a bit galling. You have to take into account a couple of things, one strikers are a rarer commodity. He's younger and Arsenal didn't need to sell and he was on low wages.

Two, compared to Sancho who it's well known we want rid of - we've been trying to sell him off to anyone who'll take him. That reduces his value, and secondly his contracted wages were 350k down to 250k odd now - which reduces the number of takers for him and makes him much harder to shift. It also means we're more willing to take a reduction in transfer to free up said wages. You have to appreciate that's a 12 month saving of over 10million, which factors in to his transfer value as we've essentially made 10mil on top of the 25. It's the same reason you'll see sterling go for even less.

I think it’s probably because I haven’t watched Sancho closely but I still think there’s a player there.

He wasn’t going to make it at United though so I understand why he was moved on. I wonder if he’ll end up doing well at Chelsea.
Based on what? His performances 4 years ago?

I’m struggling to see how he even plays.

Am I correct in thinking that by next summer, his book value will be £14.6m, so that £23/25m fee will post a decent profit, as well as removing his wage from the bill this year.

Great deal for us. As good as any of the incomings all summer.

I can't wait to hear official confirmation of his departure and hoping it is full and unconditional good riddance, even if we end up making couple bottles of beer for him

Based on what? His performances 4 years ago?
To be fair he’s still only 24. Somewhere he might reignite his career if it fits. But is that Chelsea? And even if it is is he going to become a world beater and catapult them to the league? No. And therefore I don’t really care.

Status
Not open for further replies.