Jadon Sancho (Out) | Chelsea reach deal to sign on loan with obligation to buy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Getting rid of him was arguably the most important move this summer.

I imagine if given a chance he will do a lot better at Chelsea…but that’s a reflection on him and his professionalism, or lack of.

Leaves us very short in numbers but I guess we’ll just have to trust the process…

Wow, 23 million!

The fact that we were willing to accept that is incredibly telling. He must be viewed as a complete and utter parasite by the club.

Getting out from under the contract, and the stormcloud frankly, is worth a lesser fee, since it won't go through next year it'll cover the amortised value left won't it? So it's not a problem.

A brilliant move. Even if he picks up form there, the fact is he was done at United so needed to be moved on.

He’s absolutely nailed on to score or assist within minutes of his debut. He will then disappear for the rest of the season.

Wow, 23 million!

The fact that we were willing to accept that is incredibly telling. He must be viewed as a complete and utter parasite by the club.
It's about time the club became ruthless. Sometimes you just have to take the hit.

He’s absolutely nailed on to score or assist within minutes of his debut. He will then disappear for the rest of the season.

He could actually be decent to good for Chelsea, in fairness.

They are moving to a style of play that works better for him than here where he would be expected to press hard

He may be a success at Chelsea but he sure as shit wasn’t one here.

This has made it a 10/10 window. We’ve got rid of all of our serious problems for decent fees and strengthened in key areas all in one window.

Wow, 23 million!

I was thinking the same. How desperate were we to offload him that we accepted even £23m for him? The club must be sick of Sancho.

Depends if he hits the criteria needed to trigger the clause.
If this at all true I can’t imagine the criteria being anything that won’t easily be achieved, don’t see united risking this dud returning next summer.

Leaves us very short in numbers but I guess we’ll just have to trust the process…
Well put

Probably a good strategy to make the squad as lean as possible before building it back up to where it should be

Lots to do. Promising start.

He could actually be decent to good for Chelsea, in fairness.

They are moving to a style of play that works better for him than here where he would be expected to press hard

When did he last play consistently well? His last season with Dortmund? That’s nearly four years ago. I don’t think he has it in him to get back to that level ever again. He couldn’t manage it back at Dortmund last season so I don’t see him doing it at Chelsea.

The fact we get rid of his colossal wage off the books and bank some transfer fee as well is a Christmas miracle. Ashworth, take a bow.

Well put

Probably a good strategy to make the squad as lean as possible before building it back up to where it should be

Lots to do. Promising start.

I was hoping that we would at least have sold a high profile player that has played a big part in our first team but i am now pretty confident that the time will come next summer for the next stage of the rebuild.

When did he last play consistently well? His last season with Dortmund? That’s nearly four years ago. I don’t think he has it in him to get back to that level ever again. He couldn’t manage it back at Dortmund last season so I don’t see him doing it at Chelsea.

Well, I hope you are right. I can see him linking up well on the left for them.

United have had a good window in terms of incomings, but strengthening a direct rival is a weird move. Letting him go abroad or keeping him another year might’ve been the way to go.

Surprised Juventus didn’t follow through on that.

I thought it was a worrying sign when he didn't exactly hit it off at Dortmund last season. I assume Sancho will just be a backup/squad player for Chelsea.
I agree he didn't. Media made too much of his performances on loan at Dortmund. He will always appear silky on the ball and go on a good dribble here and there but is a fair-weather player. Chelsea now have two of them in Felix and Sancho. He will probably start ahead of Mudryk for them which is not a high bar to be fair.

This has made it a 10/10 window. We’ve got rid of all of our serious problems for decent fees and strengthened in key areas all in one window.
Yep, he's not our problem now. Still need another winger though

He's not a very good footballer, they'll find that out eventually
Better then Mudryk, and that guy still gets to start games

Yeah I said it earlier. Couldn't care less if he went on to be incredible at Chelsea. There is nothing to make us believe that would have happened here.

As far as this window I would have just loved another body at left back. Even if it was Reguilon on loan again but otherwise it looks good on paper.

Status
Not open for further replies.