Jadon Sancho (Out) | Chelsea reach deal to sign on loan with obligation to buy

Status
Not open for further replies.
United have had a good window in terms of incomings, but strengthening a direct rival is a weird move. Letting him go abroad or keeping him another year might’ve been the way to go.

Surprised Juventus didn’t follow through on that.

It's very hard to believe this strengthens them.

First time Chelsea will see this much social media interaction when they announce Sancho. Most of it coming from thankful United supporters.

He may be a success at Chelsea but he sure as shit wasn’t one here.

This has made it a 10/10 window. We’ve got rid of all of our serious problems for decent fees and strengthened in key areas all in one window.

8/10... Our depth in places and lack of goals is incredibly worrying.

United have had a good window in terms of incomings, but strengthening a direct rival is a weird move. Letting him go abroad or keeping him another year might’ve been the way to go.

Strengthens?

He’s 24, mate.
Sorry, Orni said 26 yrs old. I went off that.
Screenshot_2024-08-30-21-41-18-957_com.opera.browser-edit.jpg

You can't fix everything in 1 window. We've addressed all problem areas and got rid of most of the problems that we had before the window opened.

Next season we'll have PSR room to go again and address issues that show up throughout the season. If we'd have struggled to shift players we wouldn't have been able to buy who we have. With the money we have available we couldn't have done any better.

So glad he's gone, wait for the leaks and bad mouthing to start.

The leaks and bad mouthing will come out, but probably from our changing room.

I can just imagine it now. An unnamed source reported that, "Jadon has bad attitude, heh. He refuse to train. The lads don't miss him, heh."

You can't fix everything in 1 window. We've addressed all problem areas and got rid of most of the problems that we had before the window opened.

Next season we'll have PSR room to go again and address issues that show up throughout the season. If we'd have struggled to shift players we wouldn't have been able to buy who we have. With the money we have available we couldn't have done any better.
Absolutely agree.

that would be WAY to low of a price to sell him when we paid £73 million

i know we would take a loss but that is a massive loss

If you buy some some tasty looking bratwurst and later find out you've been sold some Hundescheiße with mustard on it you're not going to be able to sell on for anywhere near the same price.

Yep, very professional job in this window.

On paper, a very good start to the Ineos era, but got to keep improving and get the results on the pitch

"Strengthening". We couldn't shift him abroad. Juve couldn't be taken seriously. We were decisive and got a decent fee for him as opposed to paying his wages for another year with nothing to show for it.

Over the moon with that news.

Watching pundits fawn over him for a few games will be very enjoyable, only for him to fade away into the Chelsea crowd.

Awful signing and an utterly awful attitude. Good riddance!

Hope to god INEOS have another surprise up their sleeve, because our wing options are inferior to them and we'll be a laughing stock if we finish below them.

We have no right to be talking about depth. We're not expected to be competing for a title. We can literally afford to drop points in half of our league games and still finish top 4.

Depth matters for the clubs that need to win every single game and the margins are so tight when trying to get 90 points in the league.

The leaks and bad mouthing will come out, but probably from our changing room.

I can just imagine it now. An unnamed source reported that, "Jadon has bad attitude, heh. He refuse to train. The lads don't miss him, heh."
Look at how McTominay will leave VS how Sancho will.

Getting rid of him was arguably the most important move this summer.

I imagine if given a chance he will do a lot better at Chelsea…but that’s a reflection on him and his professionalism, or lack of.
Have to disagree, I think him leaving was the right thing for him and United but him leave doesn't have much if any impact on our chances this season. E.g. if you had two options, Ugarte signs for United and Sancho stays or Ugarte (or any other midfield target) doesn't sign for United and Sancho leaves, the former is the much better scenario.

I don't think he'd have caused any issues within the dressing room, he probably wouldn't have played much and it's not like him leaving has enabled an opening for another signing or young player either.

I was hoping that we would at least have sold a high profile player that has played a big part in our first team but i am now pretty confident that the time will come next summer for the next stage of the rebuild.
Yeah. And Berrada/Ashworth/Wilcox, who only arrived this summer, will have a year now to set themselves up for next summer and get clear plans in place

I’m confident United are headed in the right direction. Though I think this season will still be underwhelming

Status
Not open for further replies.