Jadon Sancho (Out) | Chelsea reach deal to sign on loan with obligation to buy

Status
Not open for further replies.
25m is just okay, but if there's the 8m loan fee (which was previously reported with both Juventus and Chelsea) as well, this is decent business. Heck, it is anyway, just for the saved wages and no more headache.

The criteria to trigger the obligation must be low considering the low price tag.

For £25M I'd bite their hand off - so glad that's over. Now buy Antony please next summer Boehly, I sincerely do believe you're that daft.

He was just a financial burden, hardly contributed anything the last two seasons so removing that burden is as good a deal as could have hoped for. Could easily of spent next couple of seasons subsidising loans for him.

Considering his high wages, his disappointing form, his fallout with the manager and general battering his reputation has taken, £25m is a good fee. He could prove to be a bargain for Chelsea but it wasn't going to work out here. There have been plenty of clubs effectively forced to (sometimes of their own doing) pay out or take a pittance of a fee for an underperforming player.

Clearly there has been some promise shown in the past but you can't underestimate the difficulty in selling an unwanted asset who doesn't even want to be here.

And the thing is, there is no logical reason to have had any hope that he ever would have improved that here.

After everything last season if he was really commited he would have realised he wasn't playing an international tournament like most were and absolutely pounded it in the gym before pre season and come back lean and fit.

He came back looking as soft and slow as ever.

His mentality is clearly to come to training and do the bare minimum that he can get away with, then go home, relax and live his life.

Doing it makes sense, but at the same time, it's money that can't now be spent on an actual player to play football until Jan at best.

Hope it works out.

Hmm

I guess he is of no use to us really (though arguably more use than Antony), but 25m seems low.

That obligation to buy next year is going to be hilarious when we turns out to be as garbage for them as he was for us.

I would also assume there is a fee for the loan and that they are covering his wages in full.

Hmm

I guess he is of no use to us really (though arguably more use than Antony), but 25m seems low.

He's on 375k/week (17m). Getting him off our books is in total worth 59m over two years. Not a small figure by any means.

No word really from the United journalists yet so expect we'll know if there is a loan fee then. The word earlier was Chelsea has offered a higher loan fee than Juve.

Hmm

He's better than Antony but doesn't get on with the manager. Wouldn't be surprised to see him do well.

His mentality is clearly to come to training and do the bare minimum that he can get away with, then go home, relax and live his life.
Yeah that’s where I’ve ended up as well. I don’t normally like using the “he doesn’t care” criticism when the reality is we don’t know how any of these players operate, but at this point all evidence for years has sort of pointed towards Sancho not really caring much past “being at a big club and getting to play some”.

It’s funny because with his natural technical ability, I think if he had Ronaldo’s obsessive drive/mentality you’d have a brilliant player but it’s quite clearly never going to happen. Chelsea’s best case is that he can have some nice games in the conference league or cup games to spell Palmer and co.

He's on 375k/week (17m). Getting him off our books is in total worth 59m over two years. Not a small figure by any means.

Yeah, I guess so. Hard to be happy when we have messed up so badly as to sign him onto that wage in the first place but we have to move on.

Doesn't suit our strengths and I'm not convinced he even suits the Premier League with his lack of physicality and pace, but we'll see about that one.

Another undeserved big wage off the books though. We've had a good window.

To the Chelsea fans here, genuinely asking, what is your thought on this? Are you happy? Are you confused? Feel indifferent? Come and share with us.

I think if they’ve paid 30ish including the loan fee, it’s surely worth a gamble for them. You’d imagine that even if he’s meh, he probably won’t have such a public falling out with them. That should ensure that his resale value to another lesser club at least remains around 20ish.

Seems a decent gamble.

Sweet, was starting to think this wasn't going to happen.

Thanks Chelsea, you crazy bastards.

Status
Not open for further replies.