Jadon Sancho (Out) | Chelsea reach deal to sign on loan with obligation to buy

Status
Not open for further replies.
12 months time. Strasbourg complete the signing of Jadon Sancho for £50 million.

They cover his wages 100% I suppose. Any reports on loan fee? Would be the cherry on the icing on the cake...

To the Chelsea fans here, genuinely asking, what is your thought on this? Are you happy? Are you confused? Feel indifferent? Come and share with us.

Do they pay a loan fee and cover his wages? Or pay the loan fee and we cover his wages?

And the thing is, there is no logical reason to have had any hope that he ever would have improved that here.

After everything last season if he was really commited he would have realised he wasn't playing an international tournament like most were and absolutely pounded it in the gym before pre season and come back lean and fit.

He came back looking as soft and slow as ever.
Agree mate basically he’s not arsed couldn’t give a feck, glad to see the back of the cnut.

Such a strange player. Was unbelievable for Dortmund before we signed him, then seemed like he couldn’t be fecked to ever improve when the competition got stiffer and instead was just happy to be famous. Unless Maresca fully reinvents him in some weird system I don’t ever see him being worth a feck at this level.

Can’t even blame the club for buying him in the first place either, he was breaking records for Dortmund and schooling some of the best teams in the world. One of those times where I’d love a full uncensored behind the scenes opinion of how he actually is.

I remember reading a thread from 2021 after they won the Champions League in which someone wished that they wouldn’t sign the kid and hoped that we’d sign him instead. Fast forward to 2024 and we’re all thankful that he’s signing for them. How time flies. He’s been absolutely pants for us and I hope that the door doesn’t hit him on the way out.

I assume that since our asking price for Sancho was reportedly £40m at the start of the summer (per the Atheltic) - I can see this loan being £10m loan fee + £20m-£25m obligation to buy. Also, it sounds like all, if not most, of Sancho's wages are covered by Chelsea

Do we get a loan fee from Chelsea? That's the only way it could get close to 40m, but I doubt it.

He's already 26 yrs old.
He should be in his prime and itching to play yet here we are with one of Europe's former golden Boys.

Do we get a loan fee from Chelsea? That's the only way it could get close to 40m, but I doubt it.

Honestly there is a lot of numbers flying around from different sources. The first I saw said 8m loan fee.

I'd wait until it's announced and we will get a clearer picture.

To the Chelsea fans here, genuinely asking, what is your thought on this? Are you happy? Are you confused? Feel indifferent? Come and share with us.

I'm still hoping INEOS have neglected to fix the infamous fax machine and the paperwork misses the deadline. :rolleyes:

Didn't felt it was needed!! ;)

:)

To be honest, Maresca tries to play the City way which Sancho should be familiar with considering he came through their academy. If he fails to shine even there then Sancho is really pointless. Ofcourse this is all assuming he gets rid of his laziness which is a long shot.
I thought it was a worrying sign when he didn't exactly hit it off at Dortmund last season. I assume Sancho will just be a backup/squad player for Chelsea.

Status
Not open for further replies.