Jadon Sancho (Out) | Chelsea reach deal to sign on loan with obligation to buy

Status
Not open for further replies.
We seem to have inserted sell on percentages into a lot of deals this summer, maybe we should sell/loan with obligation at a lower fee and then bank on Chelsea being able to sell him for 100 million after 5 appearances in a year or two, considering how much they tend to sell their surplus for.

Depends what they want, really. Those contracts are remarkable job security in a profession that doesn’t last very long where you can become disposable at the drop of a hat.
Yes, when they sign up for money in a team that already has 40+ players, then you would not complain about play time. And in future, if they get the Sterling/Chilwell/Gallagher treatment, they shouldn't be surprised.

I think the word obligation is pretty self explanatory.

There was a tweet further up the thread that mentioned obligation if certain criteria are met. I’m not pulling it out of my arse. Even the Romano tweet you shared mentions ‘different terms if it is an obligation’, so clearly it isn’t just a straight up loan with obligation to buy.

There was a tweet further up the thread that mentioned obligation if certain criteria are met. I’m not pulling it out of my arse. Even the Romano tweet you shared mentions ‘different terms if it is an obligation’, so clearly it isn’t just a straight up loan with obligation to buy.
Different terms would be monetary values.

Time to play hard. If we don't get an offer on our terms, we should walk away. Needs to be a clear message sent to the player and buying clubs.

I think the word obligation is pretty self explanatory.
Many loans with obligations aren't straight 'we must definitely buy this player in 12 months'. The obligation only kicks in if certain conditions are met, most likely playing a certain amount of games or minutes. Griezmann's loan to Atletico is a very obvious example.

That's not to say that that would definitely be the case here, but there's a fair chance it is.

Many loans with obligations aren't straight 'we must definitely buy this player in 12 months'. The obligation only kicks in if certain conditions are met, most likely playing a certain amount of games or minutes. Griezmann's loan to Atletico is a very obvious example.

That's not to say that that would definitely be the case here, but there's a fair chance it is.
Griezmann is a niche example rather than a common one. Loan + obligation without any additional context means just that.

I'm so confused why they would want him. They're just collecting players for fun at this point.

Going to Chelsea would be a career-ending move for him. I just want him gone so I don't care.

I am overjoyed at the prospect of getting Sancho moved on, but I can’t help but wonder about Chelsea’s rationale here.

They will have seen what he did in English football over the last few years. They have a million wingers and forwards in their own ranks. What are they hoping that Sancho will bring to their team? What do they think they’re getting here?

Sounds like it’s more of an obligation if he meets certain criteria like a minutes threshold or an option with no criteria.
91x513.jpg

This has potential to be the biggest dosser contract ever...don't fight it Todd you transfer muppet!!!

If Sancho's agent can get him one of those 8 year deals Chelsea love handing out then they have hit the jackpot.

I am overjoyed at the prospect of getting Sancho moved on, but I can’t help but wonder about Chelsea’s rationale here.

They will have seen what he did in English football over the last few years. They have a million wingers and forwards in their own ranks. What are they hoping that Sancho will bring to their team? What do they think they’re getting here?

They will be thinking they can do a Havertz with him.

Don't know if I've ever seen such excitement before from Utd fans for selling a player.

Says a lot about how awful Sancho has been.

If the obligation fee gets to a reasonable amount I'd rather we take it

Last edited:
Probably something like 25M with obligation, and 35M with option. Pulled the figures purely from my imagination, mind you.

Status
Not open for further replies.