Jadon Sancho (Out) | Chelsea reach deal to sign on loan with obligation to buy

Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree but Sancho actually still does have a lot of untapped potential if someone can work it out of him.
I disagree, reaching your potential or going beyond comes down to mentality which is everything in sport. I don't think Sancho has the mentality to go on to be great consistently, maybe the odd game here and there.

loan with obligations IF thresholds are met....according to skysports

yeh, we're having him back, he ain't even going to barely play
It will be minutes. Like when Greizmann was loaned to to Atleti and the refused to play him because they didn’t want to pay the obligation.

I'm so confused why they would want him. They're just collecting players for fun at this point.
They think having players on the books are assets at the club, therefore increase the valuation of the club. It’s the investment banker school of thought, just like dear old Ed Woodward.

91x513.jpg
:lol:

Never would I be so happy to get rid of a player.

I disagree, reaching your potential or going beyond comes down to mentality which is everything in sport. I don't think Sancho has the mentality to go on to be great consistently, maybe the odd game here and there.
You are 100% correct. People need to start looking at mentality as a key attribute, because it’s the most important one of all. A player can be a physical beast, or a technical wizard, but if his mentality sucks, he’ll be shit. Sancho doesn’t have untapped potential, he has poor mental attributes. If those can be improved, he’ll be a better player but mentality is probably the hardest thing to change in a player, not least because changes are rarely permanent. It’s why he can have the odd great game but week in, week out, he’s a sack of human potatoes.

Anyway, looking forward to Chelsea buying him, then selling him to Strasbourg in 12-24 months for a profit.

Griezmann is a niche example rather than a common one. Loan + obligation without any additional context means just that.
I think it's more common than you believe. Indeed Chelsea themselves seem to be involved in quite a few over the last couple of years. Loaning Lewis Hall to Newcastle last season and Bakayoko to Milan a couple of years ago for example. It was generally reported that Broja to Ipswich would be another, although that deal broke down due to injury (although now there's rumours it might be back on).

Had a quick look into a bunch of the loans in or out from PL teams over the last two years, and over 50% of the ones I found with an 'obligation' only triggered once certain criteria were met. Most ended up being met, a few didn't.

I think I'd rather offload his wages and get whatever transfer fee we can.

Letting him rot just to prove a point, at the costs of 10's of millions of pounds, would be the chump move.
I get that but it will also force him to grow up and prove he's for real or be revealed to be a fraud. There's a potentially GREAT player there, who's coasted on "potential". Time to put up or sit the f down.

The only people on here who want him stay are Chelsea fans :lol:

I think I'd rather offload his wages and get whatever transfer fee we can.

Letting him rot just to prove a point, at the costs of 10's of millions of pounds, would be the chump move.
If we get a younger player, on reasonable wages, who hasn't already lost his head and at the same time can get rid of Sancho, his wages and shit attitude, I'm all in. I just don't want to trade one problem for another in Sterling.

Didn’t Chelsea pay over hundred million for Enzo and Caicedo, with Mudryk close at 80-90? They could easily afford 30 for Sancho and be done with it

I get that but it will also force him to grow up and prove he's for real or be revealed to be a fraud. There's a potentially GREAT player there, who's coasted on "potential". Time to put up or sit the f down.

That's just a fantasy. He won't care nor change. And who will label him as a fraud? If you check social media it's always Man Utd's fault a player fails, never the player. People still claim he's the same Sancho that left Dortmund the first time ffs. His image wouldn't change, they still think he's a "baller". So does Chelsea apparently :lol: we should take whatever we can get for him instead of pissing away money on a hopeless case.

At United ? Lackadaisical is as polite you can say it. Very poor production overall. He's got some silk and talent but I don't know if he never coped with the higher floor of opposition, the physical aspect or playing in a less finely tuned team than Borussia.
Looks like we dodged the bullet :D

And what exactly has he agreed with Chelsea? Basically "do you want to come" "yes"

The majority of these transfer tweets are a joke.

Edit: maybe it's his wages for a future permanent transfer in which case I stand corrected.

I think it's more common than you believe. Indeed Chelsea themselves seem to be involved in quite a few over the last couple of years. Loaning Lewis Hall to Newcastle last season and Bakayoko to Milan a couple of years ago for example. It was generally reported that Broja to Ipswich would be another, although that deal broke down due to injury (although now there's rumours it might be back on).

Had a quick look into a bunch of the loans in or out from PL teams over the last two years, and over 50% of the ones I found with an 'obligation' only triggered once certain criteria were met. Most ended up being met, a few didn't.
Fully what I expected but good to know as inevitably it will come up on here again at some point soon!

Someone earlier mentioned about watching Romano’s live YouTube video on transfer deadline - curious I took a peek and it’s just some dudes sitting on a phone, with Romano popping in with a comment every few minutes.

Can’t believe 25k people are watching this :lol:

I have this niggling feeling that wont go away about Sancho. Like what if we sell him and he gets back to how good he was when we bought him, not that I have the faith he even will. Even though its Chelsea, i dont feel good about it as its now a league rival that he could find his form again for. Can we, as a collective, please rid me of these thoughts and make me glad were getting rid of him?

I have this niggling feeling that wont go away about Sancho. Like what if we sell him and he gets back to how good he was when we bought him, not that I have the faith he even will. Even though its Chelsea, i dont feel good about it as its now a league rival that he could find his form again for. Can we, as a collective, please rid me of these thoughts and make me glad were getting rid of him?
That might be annoying if it's another player but it's Sancho, he has zero interest in even attempting to perform for us. What can we do except just feck him off?

Really? Cause I just popped onto there and they don't seem to mind Sancho. Upgrade on mudryk and gives us more options on the wing etc
I know a few Chelsea fans that don't mind the move as well. They're not over the moon in excitement but are positive on the transfer.

What did that crazy looking man have in his hand when he came on camera behind Kaveh on SSN? A dildo?

Easily worse than Pogba. At least Pogba had his first season back with us which was a good season and would put in performances from time to time throughout a season. Sancho was just disappointing from day one.
Pogba had a PL TOTS campaign for his troubles and had stretches where he was unplayable at least.

Sancho has never come close to even putting together a good run of games/purple patch for no more than 3 matches in a row let alone an entire season, over 3 years now...

Pogba had a PL TOTS campaign for his troubles and had stretches where he was unplayable at least.

Sancho has never come close to even putting together a good run of games/purple patch for no more than 3 matches in a row let alone an entire season, over 3 years now...

I honestly don’t think Sancho’s had a single good game for us, let alone a run of 3! He’s had the odd good moment, the goals against Liverpool or Leeds for example.

But I don’t ever remember a game where I’ve thought wow Sancho was fantastic today. He just completely drifts out of games, pops up with a moment where you think there’s a player in there, then just disappears again. He’s a complete non entity 90% of the time.

Status
Not open for further replies.