Jadon Sancho (Out) | Chelsea reach deal to sign on loan with obligation to buy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pogba wasn't that bad for us imo
Pogba was arguably our best player over the course of his first four seasons. Only one season where he was actually our best, but he was up amongst the best in the other three seasons as well which was more than any other player in the squad. People just held him to much, much higher standards than any of our other players, and he inevitably failed to live up to those expectations.

It was only in his last two seasons when injuries destroyed him that he really went to shit.

I’ve a feeling the wages have been agreed at say 200k for the permanent transfer and Chelsea are asking United if they can cover that amount in the loan portion of the deal. If it gets the deal done then I’d take it and be rid of him, make the deal permanent in January as a compromise.

I’ve a feeling the wages have been agreed at say 200k for the permanent transfer and Chelsea are asking United if they can cover that amount in the loan portion of the deal. If it gets the deal done then I’d take it and be rid of him, make the deal permanent in January as a compromise.
Thanks for pulling this out of your arse and sharing it with us

Pogba was arguably our best player over the course of his first four seasons. Only one season where he was actually our best, but he was up amongst the best in the other three seasons as well which was more than any other player in the squad. People just held him to much, much higher standards than any of our other players, and he inevitably failed to live up to those expectations.

It was only in his last two seasons when injuries destroyed him that he really went to shit.

This is not even close to being accurate. He was consistently good for about 3 months.

Sancho going to Chelsea would honestly be the best transfer business we’ve done this summer. Especially if it’s on a permanent deal.

I already thought the stuff going on at Chelsea was bonkers but this stupidity has to be the greatest of them all. What on earth are they thinking trying to sign a player who’s clearly not suited to the league or as good as he deceived but also the fact they already have so many forward players.

This is not even close to being accurate. He was consistently good for about 3 months.
I never said he was consistent. But no other player was consistent either, which is what everyone seems to forget when talking about Pogba.

Pogba was basically 50/50 for his first four years, which unfortunately was probably better than anyone else.

I never said he was consistent. But no other player was consistent either, which is what everyone seems to forget when talking about Pogba.

You said he was arguably our best player for 4 seasons. I mean, you can argue anything but that's laughable.

Given the world record fee, he might be our worst signing of all time.

If the obligation to buy is based on appearances as a few reports have suggested, we could easily find ourselves in a situation where that isn't triggered. Chelsea already have a ridiculous squad and Sancho is not better than Palmer, Nkunku, Madueke and Neto. They seem to be persisting with Mudryk too. If Sancho only shows what he has since joining Utd, I wouldn't expect many starts there.

You said he was arguably our best player for 4 seasons. I mean, you can argue anything but that's laughable.

You replied before I edited in the second line, so I'll repeat it here:

Pogba was basically 50/50 for his first four years, which unfortunately was probably better than anyone else.

And also, how the hell is he even close to our worst signing of all time when the likes of Sancho, Antony, Lukaku, etc were all fairly close to the same price while being far, far worse? Maguire also to a lesser extent.

Can you complete medicals after deadline if the agreement is struck between all parties?

You replied before I edited in the second line, so I'll repeat it here:

And also, how the hell is he even close to our worst signing of all time when the likes of Sancho, Antony, Lukaku, etc were all fairly close to the same price while being far, far worse? Maguire also to a lesser extent.

Because he was the most expensive signing of all time, at the time, and a total flop. I can add "arguably" if you like.

Because he was the most expensive signing of all time, at the time, and a total flop. I can add "arguably" if you like.
Sancho and Antony cost similar and have both been way worse than Pogba ever was. Pogba was our best player at certain points. Sancho and Antony have been shite in a large portion of their games for us.

Sancho and Antony cost similar and have both been way worse than Pogba ever was. Pogba was our best player at certain points. Sancho and Antony have been shite in a large portion of their games for us.

They've all been shite, but only one was the most expensive signing of all time. I never considered Pogba our best player, at any point.

And he left for nothing.

I honestly don’t think Sancho’s had a single good game for us, let alone a run of 3! He’s had the odd good moment, the goals against Liverpool or Leeds for example.

But I don’t ever remember a game where I’ve thought wow Sancho was fantastic today. He just completely drifts out of games, pops up with a moment where you think there’s a player in there, then just disappears again. He’s a complete non entity 90% of the time.
My recollection as well. And that is why there cannot be any optionality in deal with Chelsea. "Obligation" to buy, with preconditions is not an obligation.

2 hours until deadline. This feels dead in the water right? Was hoping we might be able to get him out and somebody else in tonight.

Sancho hasn't had a single great performance for the club, whilst on loan he would take shots at the club, how is it even a debate?

Even Di Maria had moments, and could argue was a better signing than Sancho that has contributed absolutely nothing to this club.

Sancho hasn't had a single great performance for the club, whilst on loan he would take shots at the club, how is it even a debate?

Even Di Maria had moments, and could argue was a better signing than Sancho that has contributed absolutely nothing to this club.

Because Sancho wasn't the most expensive player in the world and he hasn't left on a free. They've both been shite.

Any deal is better than no deal. He's not contributing a single good thing to our season if he stays. No ones kidding anyone on that he's getting to play for us or will even be on the bench most weeks.

Status
Not open for further replies.