Jadon Sancho (Out) | Chelsea reach deal to sign on loan with obligation to buy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Glad that this chapter looks to be coming to an end. What a huge disappointment he has been. So much promise. I don't think he'll still be playing football when he's 30.
Me neither, at least, I don't think he'll be in a top league.

Where does he rank in the list of all time worst transfers for Utd?

He's got to be right at the top for me, at worst he's top 3. He's been an utter disaster on every level. The one positive might be we found someone stupid enough to take him off our hands early.

So many fans can't wait to see the back of him. If this goes through it'll be celebrated like a new signing. :lol:

Where does he rank in the list of all time worst transfers for Utd?

He's got to be right at the top for me, at worst he's top 3. He's been an utter disaster on every level. The one positive might be we found someone stupid enough to take him off our hands early.
Very close to worst. The effort, attitude, overall price, and pure fuss he’s been has been horrendous. Achieved nothing in what 3 years he’s been here?

Loan + option to Chelsea = terrible for us
Loan + obligation to Chelsea = could be good for us unless he decides to be world class for them

I just don't think he's cut out for the PL. Convinced he'll be as bad for Chelsea as he has been for us.

I think so too, and that's if he even ever plays for them.

If he signs for Chelsea I have a strong feeling he's just trading our bench for theirs, another few years getting paid high wages to do feck all.

I think it's a bad move for him and for Chelsea, great for us though so hope it happens

Loan + option to Chelsea = terrible for us
Loan + obligation to Chelsea = could be good for us unless he decides to be world class for them
If he does then good for him and Chelsea for taking a massive gamble. As long as he's not around OT stinking up the place or playing Fifa online while we're getting battered.

if a team like chelsea are after him, we should offer him an improved contract to protect his value.

Doesn't matter, wash our hands of him
Loan + option is not washing our hands at all

1. If he is great for them, we made our direct rival stronger and may cost us top four league position
2. If he is bad for them, they end up not buying him and next Summer we will have to try to sell him again except in much weaker position and with less clubs wanting him

Lose-lose situation

Loan + option is not washing our hands at all

1. If he is great for them, we made our direct rival stronger and may cost us too four position
2. If he is bad for them, they end up not buying him and next Summer we will have to try ti sell him again except in much weaker position and with less clubs wanting him

Lose-lose situation
It's an obligation.

£40m with addons rising to £55m I think is a fair fee.

Premier league rival, he's young and has a high potential. They spent more on Mudyrk.

Also it would mean next year we end up with a nice sum to start the window with. And his wages off the books.

Very close to worst. The effort, attitude, overall price, and pure fuss he’s been has been horrendous. Achieved nothing in what 3 years he’s been here?

Yeah 3 seasons.

When you think we were chasing him for years, huge transfer fee, monster wages. And look what we got.

I don't think in his entire time here he had one good 90 minute performance. There were very very occasional moments where he did something good, but most of the time he was an unfit non-entity.

I think his stinking attitude makes him the number 1 worst signing. There's a lot of competition for that spot but I think he wins. It's very telling that I don't think i've seen a single Utd fan argue we should keep him. Normally with even the worst players you get the odd 1 or 2 defending them, but nothing with Sancho.

Premier league rival, he's young and has a high potential. They spent more on Mudyrk.

Also it would mean next year we end up with a nice sum to start the window with. And his wages off the books.
They aren’t paying £55m for him.

His book value is £25m, we're not getting anywhere near £40m.

That's fantasy land territory.

He's going to be Di Maria levels of fondness in no time. Watch this space for shit that is going to be leaked about him. Awful professional, hence the last day for a loan.

An absolute clown of a player joining a circus of a club, good riddance. I’m glad to see the back of him, he doesn’t have the brains to play for a serious football club.

Why on Earth would Chelsea want him? They've so many wingers already, and better/cheaper ones than Sancho at that. Only thing I can think of is Boehly went to confession and had to atone for ripping us off with Mount.

If it's a permanent transfer or loan + obligation we just have to thank our lucky stars. His wages alone are £27M total (for the next two years) saved, plus any fee we can get for him. Would be an amazing sale.

Status
Not open for further replies.