Jadon Sancho (Out) | Chelsea reach deal to sign on loan with obligation to buy

Status
Not open for further replies.
He will barely get a kick at Chelsea. He doesn't have the drive to work for a spot. So unless he hits the ground running it's a dud.

True, but with or without Sancho we need another attacking option

Agreed - but other than Sterling it's hard to see who is gettable at this point. Does Sterling just plug the Sancho shaped hole with something similar?

Personally, I'm happy to write off signing Chelsea players ever again at this point :lol:

He’ll play well for a bit, oppo fans will laugh at us, Dortmund will Tweet us, and then he’ll be shit and disappear for the remainder of his contract.

Going by his work ethic here, joining a team with so much competition seems like a recipe for disaster. He either wants to be guaranteed a starting spot, or he sulks.

Going by his work ethic here, joining a team with so much competition seems like a recipe for disaster. He either wants to be guaranteed a starting spot, or he sulks.
I think the more competition the better, from Sancho's pov.

I think he's more than happy to sit on his arse.

I think not selling a player due to fear of them doing well basically meant that players like Martial were at the club nearly a decade. Let Sancho be Chelsea’s problem. If they get a tune out of him, fair play to them but he’s been atrocious for us, both on and off the pitch and we need to move on and learn to prioritise character over reputation in future signings

Think at this point we just look happy to get his value off the books. Plus his wages can be used elsewhere.

Would be nice to go into the season not relying on Rashford, Antony, Amad and Garnacho, that just isn't a top 4 set of wide players and hugely dependent on Rashford refinding form.

Doubt we have time to address it now, but hopefully the rest of our signings this summer settle and we can focus on this area next summer.

What I don't get is why they definitely won't be playing Sterling, but they will be playing Sancho.
It doesn't make much sense but perhaps stylistically Maresca prefers Sancho's profile to Sterling. They play the same positions but they are two very different types of winger.

It doesn't make much sense but perhaps stylistically Maresca prefers Sancho's profile to Sterling. They play the same positions but they are two very different types of winger.
He needs better creative wingers in the "half spaces". Neto, Mudryk, Sterling are all similar in style, so I think Neto and Mudryk will be the direct wing options, then maybe Sancho offers them something a bit different. Only way I can reason it.

I just don't think he's physically capable of being a success in the PL.

He's too slow, he's too weak and he's not fit enough.

Yeah they just want his book value.

25M pounds isn't great money really but given his huge wages it's understandable.

Ideally we sell Sancho today and get another attacker but that's unlikely. Our options on both wings aren't great, either not good enough (Antony and current Rashford) or still developing (Garnacho, Amad).

You just know that this time next summer it will be Sancho banished from their squad to train with the reserves while they try and force him out.

25M pounds isn't great money really but given his huge wages it's understandable.

Ideally we sell Sancho today and get another attacker but that's unlikely. Our options on both wings aren't great, either not good enough (Antony and current Rashford) or still developing (Garnacho, Amad).
I heard on the Athletic that if we got £30m for him it would be considered profit on the books due to the amortisation on his fee, so this is mostly his break even fee + we lose his wages. Massive win for our PSR compliance.

You just know that this time next summer it will be Sancho banished from their squad to train with the reserves while they try and force him out.
They won't realise he didn't come to training with 45 players around the place. He'll get away with murder for months before they realise.

Status
Not open for further replies.