Jadon Sancho (Out) | Chelsea reach deal to sign on loan with obligation to buy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hard to see anyone picking him up if it’s not Chelsea. My guess is he’ll stay til Jan then get a subsidised loan somewhere, then we get the same circus again next year, but with even fewer teams interested. What a mess.

It’s noticeable that as soon as Sterling was told he wasn’t wanted, he was looking for a new permanent club. Sancho just doesn’t seem arsed about losing yet another year of his career.

The Dortmund loan last season is getting such a laughable bit of revisionism already. He had a few alright league games and was good by his recent standards against PSG.

I think he'll go to. All this seems like posturing from Juve and us to get the best deal possible for them. In the end it'll be a loan with an option to buy. However, the loan fees will cover the part of the wages not covered by Juve and also leave us with a little profit.

At least, I hope so.

Chelsea are going to save the day, we just need Arsenal to sign Sterling first. We really should dismiss any kind of loan deal that doesn't have an obligation though, force a move to Saudi Arabia instead. He's probably angling for another 12 months in Dortmund or Juve on us at the moment.

Hopefully Juve can shift Arthur and Kostic and come back in

Happy the club is making a stand in the make a stance of not accepting lowball offers or meaningless loans, he either leaves permanently or not

It doesn't feel like he is in a massive rush to get a new club where he will play. Which probably makes it less likely that a club would be in a rush to push the boat out to get him in.

I blame Evra. They way he spoke about Juventus operation made it clear Sancho would never make it there.

We need a winger other than Sancho. Please get one over the line, even Sterling would do. Cannot stand Rashford being a nailed on starter.

We need a winger other than Sancho. Please get one over the line, even Sterling would do. Cannot stand Rashford being a nailed on starter.

Should just do this swap unless Chelsea are prepared to pay up for permanent deal

Yeah if Sancho goes we definitely need one in surely. Otherwise we are effectively relying on Garnacho to do it all by himself again.

And we are very, very light in midfield. I've warmed to Rabiot on a free.

This is the way.
Now this would be good. Annoying that it would leave us no time to spend that money, but a damn sight better than him sulking on the bench all winter while earning millions.

Now this would be good. Annoying that it would leave us no time to spend that money, but a damn sight better than him sulking on the bench all winter while earning millions.

Yeah the first bit would be frustrating

It doesn't feel like he is in a massive rush to get a new club where he will play. Which probably makes it less likely that a club would be in a rush to push the boat out to get him in.

That's what happens when you pay a young player who hasn't had major achievements (relatively speaking) ~ 375k or whatever it was a month.

Nuts that Utd wasted so much money on two wingers who have proven to be useless for us. £84mil for Sancho and £80mil for Antony. Bewildering amounts and complete lack of due diligence by the club in authorising these deals.

Not sure which is the worst deal. Sancho was demonstrating a higher ceiling at Dortmund before we signed him.

We still have Anthony. Pity no club interested in him. I would take Sterling over playing Anthony though if he can accept lower pay. Obviously Sancho has to go no matter what.

Nuts that Utd wasted so much money on two wingers who have proven to be useless for us. £84mil for Sancho and £80mil for Antony. Bewildering amounts and complete lack of due diligence by the club in authorising these deals.

Not sure which is the worst deal. Sancho was demonstrating a higher ceiling at Dortmund before we signed him.
Sancho never cost 84 mill ffs :lol:

Yeah we need someone in if he goes. I'd still take Sterling on loan, Sancho was never gonna provide much but someone else in for him would help a lot.

Pretty sure it's a swap deal or nothing, didn't think a loan deal was actually on the table

Can a Saudi club still rescue us on this if Chelsea don't before the deadline today?

£84m?

Rashford, Antony, Amad, Garnacho.

Whilst the quality is obviously not there, the numbers are probably just about enough for two wing spots over the course of a full season. Would be nice if we could, but I doubt we can find another winger on deadline day to replace him.

Honestly, more worried about the midfield.

Casemiro, Ugarte, Mainoo, Eriksen, Collyer.
That’s basically 3.5 options for 2 spots in midfield — Eriksen really isn’t physically up to the level any more and Collyer is an OK level youth player.

Status
Not open for further replies.