Jadon Sancho (Out) | Chelsea reach deal to sign on loan with obligation to buy

Status
Not open for further replies.
"We need something in if Sancho goes", I'm sure we can draft someone in from an ESports team to fulfil his EAFC Ultimate Team hours.

Rashford, Antony, Amad, Garnacho.

Whilst the quality is obviously not there, the numbers are probably just about enough for two wing spots over the course of a full season. Would be nice if we could, but I doubt we can find another winger on deadline day to replace him.

Honestly, more worried about the midfield.

Casemiro, Ugarte, Mainoo, Eriksen, Collyer.
That’s basically 3.5 options for 2 spots in midfield — Eriksen really isn’t physically up to the level any more and Collyer is an OK level youth player.
Baby steps, compared to where we were last season, we have Ugarte and Collyer instead of Amrabat and McT, in addition Amad and Mount are fit and available, in theory both De Ligt and Martinez could fill in as DM, Case looks fitter this season, if Ugarte is covering the defence, think he could still have a good season

Zirkzee, has played on the wings as has Hoijlund, Mount and Bruno

Yeah ok, Rashford of a few seasons ago would be nice, getting rid of Antony and Sancho and replacing with a useful player would be nice, but you have to compare to where we are and look at the improvement in the 1st 11 and the bench, we are miles ahead of where we were last season, can ETH translate the improvement into results.....? but still INEOS have done brilliantly so far, much better than most could have anticipated

Pretty sure it's a swap deal or nothing, didn't think a loan deal was actually on the table
Isn't Sterling a LW though? Would mean pushing Garnacho out on the right to accommodate Rashford and Sterling on the left more.
I'm just concerned that we will be relying a lot on two young lads, and Rashford just doesn't seem to have anything about him anymore that could be relied upon.

Baby steps, compared to where we were last season, we have Ugarte and Collyer instead of Amrabat and McT, in addition Amad and Mount are fit and available, in theory both De Ligt and Martinez could fill in as DM, Case looks fitter this season, if Ugarte is covering the defence, think he could still have a good season

Zirkzee, has played on the wings as has Hoijlund, Mount and Bruno

Yeah ok, Rashford of a few seasons ago would be nice, getting rid of Antony and Sancho and replacing with a useful player would be nice, but you have to compare to where we are and look at the improvement in the 1st 11 and the bench, we are miles ahead of where we were last season, can ETH translate the improvement into results.....? but still INEOS have done brilliantly so far, much better than most could have anticipated
Mount is injured and I expect that after his 5th injury now since he joined that will remain the case for the foreseeable - I actually think the #8 and LB are our biggest worries, the wings don't worry me

Mount is injured and I expect that after his 5th injury now since he joined that will remain the case for the foreseeable - I actually think the #8 and LB are our biggest worries, the wings don't worry me
An injury away from having only 3 wingers available, think you should be worried if Sancho is sold without a replacement

Rashford, Antony, Amad, Garnacho.

Whilst the quality is obviously not there, the numbers are probably just about enough for two wing spots over the course of a full season. Would be nice if we could, but I doubt we can find another winger on deadline day to replace him.

Honestly, more worried about the midfield.

Casemiro, Ugarte, Mainoo, Eriksen, Collyer.
That’s basically 3.5 options for 2 spots in midfield — Eriksen really isn’t physically up to the level any more and Collyer is an OK level youth player.

Expected output level:

Rashford - 2/5
Antony - 1/5
Amad - 3/5
Garnacho - 3/5

Casemiro - 2/5
Ugarte - 4/5
Mainoo - 3/5
Eriksen - 1/5
Collyer - 1/5

This is not strenght in depth, this is just depth.

We need to stop players who are not physically strong and doesn't have pace as wingers. Sancho and Antony is similar therefore both of them cannot succeed in English. Amad is very similar, I hope he makes it but again they have the same profile. Why do we keep making the same mistake over and over again? 3 players that has similar profile. Whoever scouted these players are blind.

An injury away from having only 3 wingers available, think you should be worried if Sancho is sold without a replacement

Garnacho, Amad, Antony & Rashford all have fairly good availability - On top of that we have Mount, Bruno & Zirkzee that have all played wide so that doesn't worry me.

If Sancho had stayed he wouldn't have got a single minute anyway

Garnacho, Amad, Antony & Rashford all have fairly good availability - On top of that we have Mount, Bruno & Zirkzee that have all played wide so that doesn't worry me.

If Sancho had stayed he wouldn't have got a single minute anyway
Not sure about that. Wouldn't be particularly surprising for a new manager to want to try him.

Not sure about that. Wouldn't be particularly surprising for a new manager to want to try him.
Don’t think the majority of fans would want someone who downed tools for months on end whilst talking a large salary playing for the club.
I’d say the INEOS mob know he’s not great for squad cohesion and would want him out regardless of the manager.

We have to suffer the consequences of poor recruiting and to then compound the issue, poor coaching which means these recruits have not improved enough to make a valuable contribution for the first team.

It's incredible to think that Rashford, Sancho and Antony will be at the club for this season but we'll be lucky to collectively have double figure assists or goals from them!

Don’t think the majority of fans would want someone who downed tools for months on end whilst talking a large salary playing for the club.
I’d say the INEOS mob know he’s not great for squad cohesion and would want him out regardless of the manager.
You think they'd tell a manager they're not allowed to pick him?

I was convinced at the start of the window we had no chance of moving this bum on, but after getting our hopes up with the Chelsea & Juve it’s a bit depressing to know he’s almost certain to stay (especially after he’s made it quite clear he wants out)

I was convinced at the start of the window we had no chance of moving this bum on, but after getting our hopes up with the Chelsea & Juve it’s a bit depressing to know he’s almost certain to stay (especially after he’s made it quite clear he wants out)
I think there's a good chance he goes.

Chelsea coming to our rescue - hope it’s permanent / loan with obligation.

I know we do have two for each position for the front 4 even with Sancho leaving - but there does not appear to be enough goals there at all.

Would rely on Hojlund / Garnacho going supernova.

Chelsea coming to our rescue - hope it’s permanent / loan with obligation.

I know we do have two for each position for the front 4 even with Sancho leaving - but there does not appear to be enough goals there at all.

Would rely on Hojlund / Garnacho going supernova.

At best we're probably losing around 5 goals with Sancho going. Doesn't really make a world of difference.

Would that mean Sterling coming here, or is it a separate deal?

Talk is (or was) we are not taking him and he has the choice of either staying at Chelsea and not being part of their plans or a move to Arsenal.

Though I haven't heard too much mentioned in the last few hours on Sky.

At best we're probably losing around 5 goals with Sancho going. Doesn't really make a world of difference.
Oh yeah completely agree - not once last season did I think, ‘if only we had Sancho’

More just a general comment that if we do manage to shift him I wonder if we will try and get a forward in last minute.

Is Ighalo still about?

The plus for United is they have no need to replace Sancho...as all he does is sulk and get changed on his own. There is no need to find a replacement in the market for that.

So take all day if you need it Todd!

So they're interested in getting Sancho... without offloading Sterling in return? I can understand them bringing in Sancho as an accounting ruse, but it amazes me that they'd want him otherwise.

Oh yeah completely agree - not once last season did I think, ‘if only we had Sancho’

More just a general comment that if we do manage to shift him I wonder if we will try and get a forward in last minute.

Is Ighalo still about?
Yes, he needs one more goal to break in to the top ten all time Saudi Pro League goal scorers.

Would be a dream deadline day if we could do a BOGOF and include Rashford in the deal to Chelsea.

If we could get Sancho off our books it will be a 10/10 window for me.

I have no idea why Chelsea would want him. Might play in the Carabao, but they already have better options in every position he could play.

Status
Not open for further replies.