Jadon Sancho (Out) | Chelsea reach deal to sign on loan with obligation to buy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Don’t like the Chelsea move could bite us and make Ten Hag look really dumb.

How does that work? We can still sell a player even though our window is closed? Is the only limitation we can't take in anyone?
Yeah. When the registration period (transfer window) closes we can no longer register new players, excluding free agents, but we can sell.

Yeah. When the registration period (transfer window) closes we can no longer register new players, excluding free agents, but we can sell.
I’m pretty sure you can register a free agent after the window is closed. You’ll need to deregister a player, free agents have joined clubs outside the window and played otherwise what’s the point of a free agent

I’m pretty sure you can register a free agent after the window is closed. You’ll need to deregister a player, free agents have joined clubs outside the window and played otherwise what’s the point of a free agent
I thought that was what I said?

How does that work? We can still sell a player even though our window is closed? Is the only limitation we can't take in anyone?
Pretty much. They can transfer / buy a contract and register players until Sept.2

If he stays then Ten Hag must work with him!!!

I'm not a fan of Sancho but he is not worse than Rashford and Antony.

Sancho might have more talent, but nobody gets a free pass. He's been a poor professional and hasn't performed well enough in training. If those things change, he might get a look in. But looks like football ops wants to get him out as well as they're on the same page as EtH.

Think he'll be gone tomorrow. Chelsea have a problem in their hand and we have one in ours. It might end up with both players loaned if no sale agreement can be reached with anyone else.

I don't think he should stay. Too much unneeded negativity and ETH won't use him much.

Sancho might have more talent, but nobody gets a free pass. He's been a poor professional and hasn't performed well enough in training. If those things change, he might get a look in. But looks like football ops wants to get him out as well as they're on the same page as EtH.
Hopefully he leaves.

Garnacho and Amad should start on the wings.

But i would rather try Sancho as next alternative than Rashford and Antony.

If we really can't get anything from Juve besides a straight loan then feck it, an older Sterling would still be infinitely more useful than him or Antony for us this season.

No clue how they'll make it work but he can go on and join Chelsea's winger regiment

The option is play him? He’s better than Rashford and Antony.
Antony I agree about in terms of talent, not attitude though, but Rashford? Not a hope. I'm not even that big a fan of Rashford these days but I'd prefer him over Sancho every day of the week. Guy has a serious attitude problem and has no interest in being a proper professional and putting in the hard work. Feck him.

He should never play for the club. Even assuming he can turn out to be good for us, this sort of mentality and toxicity needs to be thrown out of the club without even thinking about it.

Take a loss, move on.

Think he'll be gone tomorrow. Chelsea have a problem in their hand and we have one in ours. It might end up with both players loaned if no sale agreement can be reached with anyone else.

I don't think he should stay. Too much unneeded negativity and ETH won't use him much.

Thought only a swap deal much like we saw with Sanchez and Mkhitaryan (shudders) was possible. I didn't think separate loan deals would be viable but could be wrong on that.

Hopefully Osimhen moves to Saudi and Arsenal go for Sterling, will boost our chance of selling him to Chelsea.

I wish there were some way to reintegrate Sancho into the team, I really cannot understand what has happened and maybe it is irreparable, but if he's willing to show up and ETH can get a tune out of him, Sancho could still revive his career here.

Everything that's wrong with spoiled, entitled players. If he wasn't so malignant, I'd say keep him and let him rot with the U21s but he'll infect the U21's and everything else he touches. It's a mixed up, muddled up, shook up world.

There you go.
Interesting, not actually what I said (never knew one could edit the quote function, I'll have to pay more attention here :) but really -- is there nothing redeemable about Sancho's position here? I can't believe some poor communication and his apparent offense at being called out a year ago is enough to derail his career. Sure, he's not delivered as anticipated since we bought him but he's hardly alone in that. I sense many of us feel there is a real player still in there and I'd like to see that player, if possible. Maybe there's a lot more than we can see. Either way, what a waste of talent and time.

Looks like he will be stinking the place out until January now then…..unless late loan deal to Saudi or Turkey or some other random late today - feel that whatever happens we will be paying a huge chunk of his wages and no obligation to buy as there just won’t be time to sort that out.

Should have been dealt with much earlier in the window.

Looks like he will be stinking the place out until January now then…..unless late loan deal to Saudi or Turkey or some other random late today - feel that whatever happens we will be paying a huge chunk of his wages and no obligation to buy as there just won’t be time to sort that out.

Should have been dealt with much earlier in the window.
His wages are the stumbling block. If he was on a 150k he would have left months ago.

Let’s hope we can move him on today. Sancho must be one of the most unprofessional players around and will continue to be a liability. Having him in the squad will stink up the place.

Let’s hope we can move him on today. Sancho must be one of the most unprofessional players around and will continue to be a liability. Having him in the squad will stink up the place.
Juventus have fully pulled out so it's Chelsea or stay now

Clubs will be looking for deals. I can see Sancho staying.

ETH will just have to work with him. He’s too good to be behind Antony and Rashford’s current form.

Clubs will be looking for deals. I can see Sancho staying.

ETH will just have to work with him. He’s too good to be behind Antony and Rashford’s current form.

How would we know if he's better? Lazy shit never shows it.

Status
Not open for further replies.