Jadon Sancho (Out) | Chelsea reach deal to sign on loan with obligation to buy

Status
Not open for further replies.
It looks like a move to Chelsea is more likely. They have the finances to buy him and pay his wages, whereas Juventus don't, or are not willing to.

I suppose it then comes down to how much United care about selling to a rival? Is it really worth the financial hit of Juventus to potentially strengthen a rival? I suppose if you don't rate or want a player then you just sell or get rid anyway.

Little news on this so far today. Getting a little twitchy he’ll end up staying. Hopefully not.
There's about 30 hours left to complete the deal and do think it'll happen, either him going to Juve or Chelsea. But also think we'll get Sterling on loan tomorrow night.

I just don’t understand why Chelsea would even consider signing him but let’s not complain.

Hmmm wonder how much they would offer to sign him on a permanent deal?
If they offer anything close to £30m take the money and don't even look back. If they can rehabilitate him then fine we should worry about the players we want here and those we want to keep.

Actually the rumor seem to be 60/40 with us paying the 40%. That will be even worse than that. However I digress. Yes from a financial perspective you're right. However ask yourself why very few clubs agree with this sort of BS. Juventus for example are nowhere near to us financially yet they insisted on Chiesa leaving even though they got a silly fee in exchange. Why do you think they did that?

The reason to that is the message you're giving within and outside the club.

From within the club you're giving the message that contracts mean jack shit at this club. If a player is unhappy then all he's got to do is to throw his toys out of the pram. Once that is done then he can cherry pick which club he wants to play next and we'll even pay a big chunk of his salary while at it. So Sancho went to Dortmund last season, then to Turin this season and who next maybe next season he might fancy Paris or London or even Liverpool while at it. What about Rashy? Shouldn't we extend Henry Winter's mate the same conditions? If he is sad can't we just send him for a student exchange to PSG? Hey Barcelona is quite nice during the winter season as well and there's plenty of places were he can drink Sangria.

From outside the club we're giving the message that we're suckers who are willing to loan 50m-80m like Sancho and Greenwood for next to nothing and even pay part of their salary while at it. Getafe took it to the next level by insisting that they get paid if United find a buyer for Greenwood after a good spell at Getafe. Why can't Juventus do the same? Are we anti Italian or something? Then we as fans wonder why no one wants to give us good offers for our players.

So there comes a time when the club have to sit with the player and tell him that only a permanent move will do this time round. We might pay some of the salary but he must leave and never return. Now its up to him and his agent to find someone willing to get him off our hands. If they fail then he'll be training with the reserves for the next 2 years or so.
Man, you want his head on the stake outside Carrington as a future warning to players but the club values him at £40m and are on the hook for another £26m-£36m (depending on who you believe how much he gets paid) for the next two seasons. I suppose they would think financially rather than trying to make an example of him to prove a point. He is not damaged goods like Chiesa with little value. This guy can cost us a lot of money if he decided to sit on his ass for the next two seasons and do nothing. We already saw last season that he didn't mind staying on the sidelines in an ego clash with the manager. Our choice is find a solution to this problem while reducing the hit we have to take or him doing a Gareth Bale and costing the club a lot of dough.

These kinds of deals are made all the time to reduce the financial burden on the club. I don't think it would be any departure from the norm or clubs would think we are suckers or whatever. If we were suckers, he would be in Turin already. As of now, we are trying to squeeze out as much as we can for him while also talking to another club to maximize the benefit to us. That's how good businesses work.

There's about 30 hours left to complete the deal and do think it'll happen, either him going to Juve or Chelsea. But also think we'll get Sterling on loan tomorrow night.

What makes you think we will get him on loan because have only seen swap deal mooted

If he’s not on a plane to Turin tonight then I doubt the Juve deal is a runner. Not sure that Chelsea can afford him either now that EUFA have ruled that their hotel sales don’t contribute to revenue (The Times).

If he’s not on a plane to Turin tonight then I doubt the Juve deal is a runner. Not sure that Chelsea can afford him either now that EUFA have ruled that their hotel sales don’t contribute to revenue (The Times).
It’ll suit them if they can swap him for Sterling. But an outright purchase looks to be off.

8 year contract, £300k, £70m payout when they try and boot him out in 2 seasons after staying up all hours playing FIFA and not training right. I wonder why he fancies it?

He’s probably looking at the likes of Sterling who’s been cast out from the main squad and thought that’s the life for me.

On standby for #Sancho operation. Little chance the English man will join Juventus

Are Kostic and Arthur Juventus players that they need to offload?

So skint as it is and even then, they need to get rid of two guys first? They were just trying to pull a fast one and get him on the cheap.

How are Juventus even operating as a club? Just dissolve the twats already. Cannot stand them. AC Milan are alright. The rest of the Italian clubs can feck off.

It's pretty terrible but I think I'd actually take Sterling just to get rid of Sancho.

Has there been no club rumoured to take him on loan for a decent fee / wage contribution, where he'll actually be a starter?

When my daughter is old enough to understand football I'd explain to here the story of Sir Bobby, Roy Keane and Paul Scholes. If she asks me for the total opposite of those legends then I'll mention her Jadon Sancho. So in some way he did write his name in our club's history

It was never a done deal though. Getting mad at your fanfiction is not healthy

but yeah, hopefully Chelsea comes up with something

Would have preferred Juve to Chelsea because there’s always that very minor doubt that he’s gonna tear it up somewhere else. I mean he’s given me no resin to think that of course but there’s always that thought!

Would have preferred Juve to Chelsea because there’s always that very minor doubt that he’s gonna tear it up somewhere else. I mean he’s given me no resin to think that of course but there’s always that thought!

Not worried if it means we can get permanent deal

Last edited:

Useless Juventus.
Same. I even wanted AWB move to Inter and not stay in PL.
How are Juventus even operating as a club? Just dissolve the twats already. Cannot stand them. AC Milan are alright. The rest of the Italian clubs can feck off.
Easy there. Serie A teams are the ones that purchased Smalling, Sanchez, Darmian, Young, Lukaku, McTominay...

Juve like Barca. Living paycheck to paycheck.

Well they did spend decent money on Koopmeiners and Luiz. The issue here is that they are like vultures. They can't resist from picking on a carcass

Perhaps we should try for chilwell and chukwumeka, it would equate the the same pay per week as sancho, we would get a good prospect who could cover cm, lw and chilwell that may occasionally cover lb.

Status
Not open for further replies.