Jadon Sancho (Out) | Chelsea reach deal to sign on loan with obligation to buy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Some say to be a truly world class player you need to be able to perform consistently under pressure and during matches.

But I find hitting top bins at training with literally nobody defending or pressing you is a much better barometer of player quality.

Also “dry loan” what the feck?

We should only accept a moist one.

The only player we should think about swapping with is Chukwuemeka. Would give additional depth for Mainoo and seems like a good future prospect (barring injuries).
Agreed, he isnt in there plans, a higher earner in the squad and he would be cover for mainoo and left wing.

Are you playing daft here?

You surely see a slight difference in the situation of Getafe/Greenwood and Juve/Sancho?

From a Juventus perspective there isn't much of a difference.

A- They are both 50m-80m rated players
B- They are both young
C- They both have an attitude problem
D- Their club has a horrible history in selling players and had developed a 10 year reputation of being taken to the cleaners
E- Their club wants to get rid off them

Now if you think that Juventus will refrain from trying to take us to the cleaners just like Getafe did simply because of what Greenwood allegedly did then think again. No one will especially a club like Juventus whose got as many scandals as we have CL titles and whose family dynasty used to produce tanks for the Italian fascist regime. But hey maybe United can ask you to go and discuss morals with them. I suggest you'll avoid Lapo Elkann though. The guy has drug issues, sex issues and was arrested for faking his own kidnapping.

B- They are both young
D- Their club has a horrible history in selling players and had developed a 10 year reputation of being taken to the cleaners

Now if you think that Juventus will refrain from trying to take us to the cleaners just like Getafe did simply because of what Greenwood allegedly did then think again. No one will especially a club like Juventus whose got as many scandals as we have CL titles and whose family dynasty used to produce tanks for the Italian fascist regime. But hey maybe United can ask you to go and discuss morals with them. I suggest you'll avoid Lapo Elkann though. The guy has drug issues, sex issues and was arrested for faking his own kidnapping.

feck me mate, really ?

Greenwood literally had over a year off from football, even from training, he had and has the wife beater/rapist tag for the rest of his career. A huge number of fan questioned if he’d ever be the same player again after so much time.
There was massive public outcry when even the notion he would come back into the squad was leaked.
On deadline day we had no takers for him, not because he’s not an excellent player, but because no club fancied the risk when he’d been out so long coupled with the potential backlash for signing him.
Most importantly though, had we kept him we couldn’t even let the guy fecking train at Carrington so had to find some solution that didn’t involve paying out his entire contract.

Sancho likes video games and doesn’t see eye to eye with the manager.

Juventus can try whatever they like, but there’s absolutely no chance in hell Utd agree to what they felt forced to with Greenwood. Sancho can be involved in training can be involved in lesser games, and in the event we were to fire the manager before Christmas could possibly end up being a really important player for the new manager.

How the feck can you not see this massive difference?

Last edited:

B- They are both young

wtf are you talking about? :o The “dynasty” was one man, Gianni Agnelli, in the half/late past century with FIAT… now they are a wealth fund upon an industrial conglomerate: not a mob like the Sopranos, autocrats like Putin or men child like Musk. With Andrea Agnelli out, they do not even give a feck about football any more, it’s just a toy for the plebs and the courts… mind, Elkann injected €1b to keep the ship afloat after Ronaldo’s all-in and that’s it. The problem with Sancho’s offer is FFP compliance and the fact that he is a bet, the icing on the cake for this window.

Was watching Patrice on The Overlap and he said Juventus was the hardest place he’s ever been for training - said they quite literally do full training sessions before and after games, control everything you eat and drink to the minutia and even ration your portions at lunch based on energy levels and body fat percentages.

Not sure how Jadon is gonna fit in with that!

Was watching Patrice on The Overlap and he said Juventus was the hardest place he’s ever been for training - said they quite literally do full training sessions before and after games, control everything you eat and drink to the minutia and even ration your portions at lunch based on energy levels and body fat percentages.

Not sure how Jadon is gonna fit in with that!

He just won't show up or will show up late.

"Dry loan" as an expression sums up how I imagine Juventus as a club in transfer market. They already got 2 wingers on loan few days ago and now looking for 3rd. Hopefully they do get him as I think Italy would suit Sancho better then PL.

wtf are you talking about? :o The “dynasty” was one man, Gianni Agnelli, in the half/late past century with FIAT… now they are a wealth fund upon an industrial conglomerate: not a mob like the Sopranos, autocrats like Putin or men child like Musk. With Andrea Agnelli out, they do not even give a feck about football any more, it’s just a toy for the plebs and the courts… mind, Elkann injected €1b to keep the ship afloat after Ronaldo’s all-in and that’s it. The problem with Sancho’s offer is FFP compliance and the fact that he is a bet, the icing on the cake for this window.

The dynasty started with Edoardo Agnelli (1831) an entrepreneur and politician. His son Giovanni founded Fiat Car Manufacturing in 1899. The Agnellis bought Juventus with Edoardo serving as president in 1923 and had been owners since through a company called EXOR N.V. which in turn is controlled by Giovanni Agnelli B.V. But back to the history books. The Agnelli recognized that football is part of the social fabric of Italian society. If they managed to be successful on the pitch then that success will be linked to the Agnelli and hence to their businesses. It was the same trick Berlusconi used with Milan to enhance his political ambitions but I digress.

In 1922 Mussolini came to power. The man had a reputation of being quite ballsy and he did so by seizing control over the country with his famous march on Rome, sending more than a thousand suspected Mafiosi were convicted and thrown in prison and dragging an unprepared Italy into war at the side of the much hated Germans. Prime Mussolini was virtually untouchable in Italy, and yet the man who took the Mafia down, who was one of the few who used chemical warfare in WW2 and was planning to do the same with the allies stirred clear from irking the Agnellis. He made them richer instead as Fiat produced a range of trucks for military use by the Italian armed forces as well as for other Axis powers. They also produced tanks and warplanes.

FIAT is nowadays a subsidary of Stellantis. Exor is still the major shareholder with around 14% of the shares.

I never said that they are the Sopranos and that would be ridiculous to say that. However they are an incredibly ruthless people (business wise) who put their financial benefits first and foremost, they wouldn't mind signing a deal with the devil or bending the rules when it suits them. One can always have a look at the many scandals Juventus has endured throughout the years under their tenure. There is nothing in their history or present (ex Lapo Elkann) that suggest that they wouldn't try to use the Greenwood deal with Getafe as a blueprint for Sancho's deal if they are allowed to.

feck me mate, really ?

Greenwood literally had over a year off from football, even from training, he had and has the wife beater/rapist tag for the rest of his career. A huge number of fan questioned if he’d ever be the same player again after so much time.
There was massive public outcry when even the notion he would come back into the squad was leaked.
On deadline day we had no takers for him, not because he’s not an excellent player, but because no club fancied the risk when he’d been out so long coupled with the potential backlash for signing him.
Most importantly though, had we kept him we couldn’t even let the guy fecking train at Carrington so had to find some solution that didn’t involve paying out his entire contract.

Sancho likes video games and doesn’t see eye to eye with the manager.

Juventus can try whatever they like, but there’s absolutely no chance in hell Utd agree to what they felt forced to with Greenwood. Sancho can be involved in training can be involved in lesser games, and in the event we were to fire the manager before Christmas could possibly end up being a really important player for the new manager.

How the feck can you not see this massive difference?

And you think Juventus care what Sancho or Greenwood did? Its all about money. If they can extract more concessions from us then they will and would probably use every excuse or precedence to do it. Hence why we need to be careful on what type of deal we do especially with them.

I am not comfortable with the option to buy but can turn into an obligation to buy if terms XYZ are met either. I assure you that if Juventus doesn't want the player on a permanent basis then terms XYZ won't be met.

I’m getting a feeling that Chelsea will come in with a late offer for Sancho on deadline day, perhaps a loan + obligation to buy and he’ll go there. They won’t get Osimhen i feel

Actually the rumor seem to be 60/40 with us paying the 40%. That will be even worse than that. However I digress. Yes from a financial perspective you're right. However ask yourself why very few clubs agree with this sort of BS. Juventus for example are nowhere near to us financially yet they insisted on Chiesa leaving even though they got a silly fee in exchange. Why do you think they did that?

The reason to that is the message you're giving within and outside the club.

From within the club you're giving the message that contracts mean jack shit at this club. If a player is unhappy then all he's got to do is to throw his toys out of the pram. Once that is done then he can cherry pick which club he wants to play next and we'll even pay a big chunk of his salary while at it. So Sancho went to Dortmund last season, then to Turin this season and who next maybe next season he might fancy Paris or London or even Liverpool while at it. What about Rashy? Shouldn't we extend Henry Winter's mate the same conditions? If he is sad can't we just send him for a student exchange to PSG? Hey Barcelona is quite nice during the winter season as well and there's plenty of places were he can drink Sangria.

From outside the club we're giving the message that we're suckers who are willing to loan 50m-80m like Sancho and Greenwood for next to nothing and even pay part of their salary while at it. Getafe took it to the next level by insisting that they get paid if United find a buyer for Greenwood after a good spell at Getafe. Why can't Juventus do the same? Are we anti Italian or something? Then we as fans wonder why no one wants to give us good offers for our players.

So there comes a time when the club have to sit with the player and tell him that only a permanent move will do this time round. We might pay some of the salary but he must leave and never return. Now its up to him and his agent to find someone willing to get him off our hands. If they fail then he'll be training with the reserves for the next 2 years or so.
Dev I think you need to get over the Getafe thing. No club was gonna touch him with a barge pole; horrible reputation, tough sell to sponsors and fans and he hadn’t kicked a ball in 2 years. If it took a bribe to get him away from the heat and retrained elsewhere with the view to selling then it was well worth it

Dev I think you need to get over the Getafe thing. No club was gonna touch him with a barge pole; horrible reputation, tough sell to sponsors and fans and he hadn’t kicked a ball in 2 years. If it took a bribe to get him away from the heat and retrained elsewhere with the view to selling then it was well worth it

I respectfully disagree. I could see clubs going in for him. In Italy for example I can't see anyone giving much of a thought of what he did

Paying a loaned club a chunk of his fee is unprecedented. At least I never saw anyone doing it in 40 years of following football

I can see other clubs trying to use the getafe clause as a precedence to get better terms from us

Last edited:
I respectfully disagree. I could see clubs going in for him. In Italy for example I can't see anyone giving much of a thought of what he did
I disagree simply because at that time nobody was coming in for him

Anyway we’re at risk of sidelining the thread and don’t want to talk about that guy outside of one thread

Some say to be a truly world class player you need to be able to perform consistently under pressure and during matches.

But I find hitting top bins at training with literally nobody defending or pressing you is a much better barometer of player quality.

Indeed, i've seen a female free style footballer hit about 10 of these in a row unedited in both corners. I'd expect a footballer paid 250k a week to be able to do this under zero pressure. It says more about him that he felt the need to upload this as if it's something special that doesn't happen in training multiple times a day. He's mentality weak and i wouldn't care if we sold him to chelsea because he can't cut it in the premier league and his attitude stinks.

And you think Juventus care what Sancho or Greenwood did? Its all about money. If they can extract more concessions from us then they will and would probably use every excuse or precedence to do it. Hence why we need to be careful on what type of deal we do especially with them.

I am not comfortable with the option to buy but can turn into an obligation to buy if terms XYZ are met either. I assure you that if Juventus doesn't want the player on a permanent basis then terms XYZ won't be met.

Absolutely clubs care what Greenwood did otherwise he wouldn’t have been playing at Getafe last season and in ligue one currently.
Do you seriously think that Greenwood is only of the standard to play for those two clubs especially when the deal was so incredible for both, or do you think that clubs and sponsors do actually care? I mean you already know that Utd cared enough to abandon their plan to bring him back.

Just think for a moment dev.

And of course any club in for Sancho currently will try to use the situation to their best advantage, same goes with Sterling, it’s an absolute no brainer when it’s crystal clear that a player and manager are not going to work together that a potential buying club will try to use that to get a good deal.

Indeed, i've seen a female free style footballer hit about 10 of these in a row unedited in both corners. I'd expect a footballer paid 250k a week to be able to do this under zero pressure. It says more about him that he felt the need to upload this as if it's something special that doesn't happen in training multiple times a day. He's mentality weak and i wouldn't care if we sold him to chelsea because he can't cut it in the premier league and his attitude stinks.
I don’t want it to become a complete pile on but I do agree somewhat.

I think it speaks a lot about the mentality here. Firstly he clearly wants to impress on some level and wants that validation which is entirely understandable but unfortunately fans usually only care about that being done during a match and so unfortunately it’s just going to open the door to legitimate criticism that he doesn’t show up in games.

I think he’s probably just a bit too immature to make it at the absolute top level. He is unquestionably technically superb but I wonder if his early promise as the best technical player in England has meant he’s grown up with the mindset of feeling that will be enough?

It’s all speculation but I do worry how someone so clearly gifted can appear to throw it away.

I did this in training the other night too, mine was better though, I dribbled past 3 imaginary defenders and curled it top bins from 25 yards. 3 people saw it.

Maybe I could get 250k a week at Utd or a loan to Juventus.

Let’s face it, we need to be open to whatever offers are on the table. It’s a damning indictment about his character or ability level that NO other clubs have come in for him. Nobody has made us a lowball offer, nothing. Even Dortmund don’t want him. Chelsea are probably only interested because they’re more keen to ditch some of their 15 players in exile!

If loan with option from Juve is all we have, then it’s what we have to take. He HAS to leave.

This is why we'd be foolish to let him go. We shouldn't be offloading players that are capable of this, we should be adding similar quality.
If I was running the club I'd be straight on the phone to ChrisMD and the F2 Freestyler chaps.

I'm not fussed either way about Sterling, for me it's more important to get shot of Sancho. If Chelsea want a permanent deal, then I'd bite their hand off.

I'd rather we sold him, got the money and used it elsewhere before the window closes. Even if we didn't get anyone else, just offloading him would feel like a signing. We need this wet blanket gone.

Just swap him for Sterling and cash and let’s be don’t with this whole sorry affair. He’s exactly what was wrong with our previous regime

Status
Not open for further replies.