Jadon Sancho (Out) | Chelsea reach deal to sign on loan with obligation to buy

Status
Not open for further replies.
If Juve cannot agree to include obligation to buy then we should only accept optional if they pay 100% of his salary. Otherwise get Sancho to accept pay cut or he will be included in the reserve team for the remainder of his contract,

We have got to act strong on this one IMO as we have to deal with Rashford and Casemiro at least for the following summer.
Not sure that would really bother him, he was quite happy to sit on his ass playing FIFA half of last season and get paid a ton of money

Not sure that would really bother him, he was quite happy to sit on his ass playing FIFA half of last season and get paid a ton of money

His current contract ends in 2026 if we don’t activate a year extension, so it is in his best interest to impress his next club to win another big contract IMO.

It doesn't surprise me that the character Sancho clearly seems to be he'd rather scurry off to Chelsea. Easy life, can play fifa with his mates, carry on his lifestyle of basically not being a footballer, and get a lovely long contract!

I'd rather join a Juventus rejuvenation (ahem) under Motta with a big changing of the guard than potentially joing an elephant graveyard like Chelsea. To each its own.

Normally I don't care much either way when players leave us, but with him, I cannot wait to see the back of him. Need to get him out of the dressing room and the club! That level of toxicity we absolutely do not need.

It is a FFP issue preventing a straight buy offer, so that the only way allowed is a loan with (easy) obligation targets for conversion in the next accounting year. Not sure why Giuntoli is so in love with such a man-child, let’s see how this goes and if a deal will be done.

Usually I'd want us to play hardball when selling a player to avoid getting rinsed, but with Sancho we need to get him out the door before the window shuts. Even if it's just a loan with an option to buy.

We can't afford any unwanted distractions during the season with him moping around. Pep did the same with Cancelo (two loans before selling him permanently). Obviously City had better squad depth than us but if there's a concern that the player will undermine the manager and create friction in the dressing room then they need to be shown the door ASAP.

Ideally we can do this without having to take on some of Sterling's wages in exchange.

Surely him and his entourage can't be that stupid. Chelsea have so many options on the wide positions and a certain player called Cole Palmer who is undroppable.

Also Juventus have two wide players he'd have to compete with and CL pretty much every season.

Not surprised if true. He seems the type who would rather go to Chelsea, get a massive contract and don’t have to fight for his place in the team due to them having multiple wingers whilst he can chill and enjoy life in London doing nothing but collecting his wages for 8-9yrs.

If he did go to Chelsea, how would Old Trafford react to him when/if he showed up later in the season? On a scale of Dan James (no reaction/polite acknowledgment) to Di Maria (BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!)
Ashley Young would emerge from the stands and slide tackle him into the advertising hoardings to huge cheers.

If he did go to Chelsea, how would Old Trafford react to him when/if he showed up later in the season? On a scale of Dan James (no reaction/polite acknowledgment) to Di Maria (BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!)

My preference is always non-reaction. Remind the player they didn't do anything even remotely worthy of a reaction.

Not surprised if true. He seems the type who would rather go to Chelsea, get a massive contract and don’t have to fight for his place in the team due to them having multiple wingers whilst he can chill and enjoy life in London doing nothing but collecting his wages for 8-9yrs.
Wouldn't you? Juventus are looking for a loan with just an option to buy. Go to Juventus and he could be in the same situation next summer.

Ultimately I think if Juventus is the only option, I don't think he'll refuse to go there in the hope to force a move to Chelsea. He can have his preference but he'll only get to choose if both clubs come to an agreement with us.

You just know the conditional obligation will be something like play 25 games and Juve will stop playing him after 24 games.

Yes that would be a complete disaster, even inserting the term "conditional obligation" in the deal betrays them away as chancers.

v2yl0M.gif

really curious how our new hierarchy comes out of this one. Full marks to them if they can get Juve to agree on an obligation or sell him to Chelsea without taking Sterling back.

Status
Not open for further replies.