Jadon Sancho (Out) | Chelsea reach deal to sign on loan with obligation to buy

Status
Not open for further replies.
With all our sales this summer, we have done a great job for PSR (also a lot of players sold with a book value of zero or nearly zero). If we sell him for exactly his book value, or even just slightly below I'd be happy (potential pay-off included). We'd also get rid of his wages.
The problem is what is his value? It's not what we paid for him because he was overpaid for, in the first place. His wages are way too high for his output. What amount is a club willing to pay for his salary? His attitude hasn't helped him. If a club buys him, is he going to undermine their manager and the manager decides to bench him. He's barely played for United and did okay back at Dortmund. Didn't exactly light it up.

Therefore, how much do you pay? What United can do is sell him for a modest price. They now have him off their books and maybe do a nice percentage amount for a sell on clause. The buying club is getting him cheaper and will have to sacrifice if they sell him on.

What transfer fee would be seen as a good deal?
£20m+

I don’t see why we would give them an option to buy if we can’t settle on obligation to buy. It’s either the latter or no clause at all.

It needs to be obligation.

For us to guarantee book value back this window or next (I can’t remember how it’s accounted with obligations)

Who are you kidding? We're the jokers for agreeing to such silly deals. Ajax owes us absolutely nothing for our mistakes.

And Eriksen's legs are toast btw. "We don't have the money" is just a polite way of saying "He stinks, we're not interested". Some of y'all need to learn not to take sports journalism quotes at face value.
You need to relax there bud. What I said was mostly tongue in cheek. Of course they don’t owe us a cent for our own idiocy.

This cnut better be available for every fecking training session and match possible, so he can trigger the obligation.

Fingers crossed the terms are easily achievable even for him. To get rid of Sancho permanently at this stage would be amazing.

the option to buy is a load of old cobblers, Juventus are type to take him on loan and while he is there for the year, persuade him to run down his Utd contract to join them for free later. We dont need this circus again next year.

Buy outright only, even if the fee is not great.
And still ask us to contribute a massive portion towards his weekly wage!

This loan and option/obligation could free up some cashflow for the final signing of the window.....

Hopefully we can get the CM we need to take some load off Mainoo, or a player that can play both LB and LCB.

Read somewhere just now that Juve will not agree to an obligation (I wouldn’t expect them to) and want to only cover 35-40% of his wages + an affordable buy option. I would probably prefer to keep him if that is the case.

Juventus are the type of club to do anything to get out of conditional clauses. Would rather he goes to Chelsea and we get Sterling.
Feels that way. I recall Atletico limiting Griezmann's minutes so that some obligation clause wouldn't be met and this was while he was playing well for them.

Read somewhere just now that Juve will not agree to an obligation (I wouldn’t expect them to) and want to only cover 35-40% of his wages + an affordable buy option. I would probably prefer to keep him if that is the case.

I would rather he leaves and we bring in another winger, but he's rather difficult to move on. Sancho sits on a crazy contract, so I understand why Juventus want us to cover part of his wages with an affordable buy option. It's our own mistake, we should never haved offered Sancho that sickening contract. One of the many mistakes from Woodward and the Glazers.

I would rather he leaves and we bring in another winger, but he's rather difficult to move on. Sancho sits on a crazy contract, so I understand why Juventus want us to cover part of his wages with an affordable buy option. It's our own mistake, we should never haved offered Sancho that sickening contract. One of the many mistakes from Woodward and the Glazers.
Juventus are doing the right thing here, basically offering to pay him what he’s worth for a year with us covering the difference. They won’t agree to an obligation to buy for a player that has been underwhelming for 3 years, is not wanted at his current club, not rated by his manager and is a gamble to whoever tried to take him off our hands.

Juve are definitely the sort of club to start playing him for 44mins per match from December to avoid the obligation.

Juve are definitely the sort of club to start playing him for 44mins per match from December to avoid the obligation.
He will play himself out of contention soon enough there. With his intensity I can’t see him being a good fit for Motta.

If Juve cannot agree to include obligation to buy then we should only accept optional if they pay 100% of his salary. Otherwise get Sancho to accept pay cut or he will be included in the reserve team for the remainder of his contract,

We have got to act strong on this one IMO as we have to deal with Rashford and Casemiro at least for the following summer.

This, really :lol: they’ll just start subbing him or or off as required to avoid it.

Really really doubt that would be acceptable for the INEOS regime as it makes no sense. Blanc is probably involved when dealing with his old club here.

This cnut better be available for every fecking training session and match possible, so he can trigger the obligation.

Fingers crossed the terms are easily achievable even for him. To get rid of Sancho permanently at this stage would be amazing.

I’m sure Sancho would have no problem skipping the game if asked and putting his feet up to play FIFA on match day instead.

If we can’t get a decent deal then just play him. It’s not impossible he performs better than our other wingers.

Attitude aside... how is he performance wise?

I don't know much about him tbh
At United ? Lackadaisical is as polite you can say it. Very poor production overall. He's got some silk and talent but I don't know if he never coped with the higher floor of opposition, the physical aspect or playing in a less finely tuned team than Borussia.

Attitude aside... how is he performance wise?

I don't know much about him tbh
Would be great in a 5 a side team but has zero end product despite looking tidy in possession.
Weak, slow and doesn’t put in a great deal of effort.
But you should definitely sign him!!

Very skeptical of any deal that involves an option and an Italian club. I very much hope we're pushing for an obligation.

Yep, keep him or even try the Sterling swap. But feck juve. Didn’t they just spend a decent amount on Koopmeiners?

Status
Not open for further replies.