Jadon Sancho (Out) | Chelsea reach deal to sign on loan with obligation to buy

Status
Not open for further replies.
If Sancho leaves for Italy it surely means we wont see the sterling transfer going ahead.
Think that’s exactly why we WILL see it. We need wing options. We can’t rely on what we have as none of them are remotely consistent. It’ll be a loan and we’ll pay like £200k of his wages.

Think that’s exactly why we WILL see it. We need wing options. We can’t rely on what we have as none of them are remotely consistent. It’ll be a loan and we’ll pay like £200k of his wages.
Zero chance it's happening.

Tell them to feck off. Obligation or nada

Juventus always making new email accounts for free trials

Who are you kidding? We're the jokers for agreeing to such silly deals. Ajax owes us absolutely nothing for our mistakes.

And Eriksen's legs are toast btw. "We don't have the money" is just a polite way of saying "He stinks, we're not interested". Some of y'all need to learn not to take sports journalism quotes at face value.
More like they will take him up next year on a free.

Bravo, very good post, regardless of whether some numbers are correct or not. We are in a very very good spot, wage wise. Bodes well for the ability to attract new talents and reward performance. This is the culture reset that is sorely needed after years (decades?) of mismanagement.

I agree. It's gone under the radar how many players have left in the last 24 months. We are indeed in a good spot with our wage bill, and we've also managed to keep our net spend relatively low this summer with all the sales we've made, so we are in a good position regarding PSR/FFP too. Some of the departures can be considered "pure profit" as well, like Greenwood and McTominay, which helps our situation even more.

You’ve gotta think well improve Mainoo, Garnacho and Martinez soon based on their squad status

Mainoo is definitely getting a new deal soon. I think Amad too, as he's started both league games so far this season and his contract is running out. Garnacho signed a new deal in April 2023, so we probably have more time until we have to extend with him, and we'll see with Martínez. I think it could be next year or 2026.

As long as it is obligation, it should be fine. If it is obligation based on him playing in X games, you know that those feckers will stop playing him when he reaches X-1 games.

Considering how much he hates us, he is probably pushing for a permanent end to this saga too

Don't even really want Sterling but that's probably a better deal than whatever shit offer Juve give us.

And let's be real Sterling should be better than Rashford at least

I just think he's too likely to down tools and do absolutely nothing over there, therefore failing to hit any clause to make it an obligation no matter how reasonable it may be.

More like they will take him up next year on a free.
To be fair we signed him free. We could sell him 1£ and that'd count as profit. Considering Ajax or Anderlecht probably can't afford to pay him the same wages and they're not rich clubs at the global scale (yes even if Ajax rinsed us, it's not a secret them or Benfica are reliant on those cash flows to keep going as a club : Football clubs are a stupidly expensive thing to run) demanding a fee probably kills their possibility to pay him a signing bonus.

Truth of the matter is that we're obviously not in a hurry to show him the door and he has a role to play this year if only occasionally and being an experienced presence. He's on good wages but not especially obscene either. Last public statements from him is that he was happy with that.

If Mount is, perhaps, supposed to rotate at other positions than just Bruno's, it's good to have a bona fide -if slow- #10 that can sub in for Bruno. With a double pivot of Ugarte and Casemiro he wouldn't be as exposed, possibly.

Why do I get this feeling you want him gone? Need the space for another goalkeeper?
He's a good player, honest.

You can never have too many goalies. Especially those kneejerk late window ones.

To be fair we signed him free. We could sell him 1£ and that'd count as profit. Considering Ajax or Anderlecht probably can't afford to pay him the same wages and they're not rich clubs at the global scale (yes even if Ajax rinsed us, it's not a secret them or Benfica are reliant on those cash flows to keep going as a club : Football clubs are a stupidly expensive thing to run) demanding a fee probably kills their possibility to pay him a signing bonus.

Truth of the matter is that we're obviously not in a hurry to show him the door and he has a role to play this year if only occasionally and being an experienced presence. He's on good wages but not especially obscene either. Last public statements from him is that he was happy with that.

If Mount is, perhaps, supposed to rotate at other positions than just Bruno's, it's good to have a bona fide -if slow- #10 that can sub in for Bruno. With a double pivot of Ugarte and Casemiro he wouldn't be as exposed, possibly.
Think you posted this in the wrong thread, but yeah I agree. I like Eriksen.

We should ask Juventus how serious they are. It has to be a straight up obligation. None of this 'conditional obligation' nonsense. You either want the player or you don't. Don't waste our time.

the option to buy is a load of old cobblers, Juventus are type to take him on loan and while he is there for the year, persuade him to run down his Utd contract to join them for free later. We dont need this circus again next year.

Buy outright only, even if the fee is not great.

We should ask Juventus how serious they are. It has to be a straight up obligation. None of this 'conditional obligation' nonsense. You either want the player or you don't. Don't waste our time.
Unfortunately the market isn’t there for him so we have to work with what we can get. As long as the terms are easy to achieve the obligation like making 15 appearances in a season then that’s fine.

This move to Juventus will probably happen I think. It makes the most sense for Sancho as well.

Juventus are the type of club to do anything to get out of conditional clauses. Would rather he goes to Chelsea and we get Sterling.

How much of a fee would be seen as a good deal?

His book value this summer is something like... 30m£ I believe. Next summer 15m£. And his pay is something like 10-13m£ a year.

United reportedly was asking 40m£ for a straight transfer this summer.

For a loan ? If they pay ~10m£ upfront it covers a decent part of his wages for the year. An option/obligation anywhere from 20-40m probably a good deal for us accounting wise.

Well, its down to our negotiating team then, see if we can squeeze something realistic out of them. An option could be okay if they pay more in year 1. Hell, if they just paid all his wages in year 1, that would be a big step forward. But a subsidised loan with just an option is for the birds to be honest. We'd be better off going for the swap deal.

An 'option to buy' that only becomes an 'obligation to buy' if Sancho makes 'X' number of appearances or if Juve qualify for the CL, is probably a reasonable compromise. We just need to get rid.

Italian clubs proving that beggars can, in fact, be choosers. My bias talking here : While the haggling from them is annoying (and borne out of some necessity) we could probably learn a thing or two from them.

With all our sales this summer, we have done a great job for PSR (also a lot of players sold with a book value of zero or nearly zero). If we sell him for exactly his book value, or even just slightly below I'd be happy (potential pay-off included). We'd also get rid of his wages.

Status
Not open for further replies.