Jadon Sancho (Out) | Chelsea reach deal to sign on loan with obligation to buy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Antony's reportedly on around 200k per week, which I would believe given how high our wage bill is even when we're not paying out any bonuses for winning trophies.

Our wage bill isn't high anymore...this is something that was true 2 years ago but I always see people keep saying it despite so many high-earner departures since then.

Good stuff if this all goes as planned. What a waste of everybody's time Sancho at United has been.

Our wage bill isn't high anymore...this is something that was true 2 years ago but I always see people keep saying it despite so many high-earner departures since then.
We don't have as many but there are still plenty of high earners at the club. Fernandes, Rashford, Sancho, Mount and Casemiro all signed their deals for or north of £250k a week. Antony may also be in a similar ballpark depending on which source you believe.

You're wrong, our wage bill for the 23/24 season is projected to be around £360m+.

No, I'm not, because last season ours was the 8th highest in the world, which for a club of our size, is as low as you're ever going to get.

We don't have as many but there are still plenty of high earners at the club. Fernandes, Rashford, Sancho, Mount and Casemiro all signed their deals for or north of £250k a week. Antony may also be in a similar ballpark depending on which source you believe.

Sancho is leaving. Casemiro is leaving in 12 months. Antony is leaving as soon as there's a buyer for him. Fernandes and Rashford have been our two best and most important players of the last 4-5 years. Do people expect us to be competing for the CL and PL as one of the biggest clubs in the world, but have the wage bill of a mid-table PL club, or something? I don't get this obsession.

No, I'm not, because last season ours was the 8th highest in the world, which for a club of our size, is as low as you're ever going to get.

Sancho is leaving. Casemiro is leaving in 12 months. Antony is leaving as soon as there's a buyer for him. Fernandes and Rashford have been our two best and most important players of the last 4-5 years. Do people expect us to be competing for the CL and PL as one of the biggest clubs in the world, but have the wage bill of a mid-table PL club, or something? I don't get this obsession.
I mean lets just ignore the club's accounts then?

Hopefully we can get a few more out of the door too, I'm praying that the saudis come in for Case if Ugarte is going to be first choice. If not, we could still do with Lindelof and Eriksen sold and a couple more loaned out.

Casemiro won't be sold this late because not enough time to replace him. Lazio showed some interest for Lindelof then signed someone else. Ajax had the nerve to plead poverty with us over Eriksen.

Objectively it is still a high wage bill then. Casemiro and Antony won't be leaving this window and could be tough to shift when the time comes.

It isn't an obsession, it's the reason why we find it hard to get buyers for our players. That will hopefully improve under this new structure but it's hardly contentious to say we've spent money frivolously on many of these players.

Their entire fee they got for him won’t even cover one years wages for Sancho. I wouldn’t hold my breath for Italian clubs to come in for Sancho. They are all broke.
They've reportedly agreed terms with United for a loan with obligation to buy

Still think it's a mistake to let him go. If Garnacho gets hurt all we have is a broken Rashford... Unless there is some academy player I don't know about we will be struggling for goals if Garnacho ever goes down.
He's been at the club for 3 years now and has not put in a single top level 90 min performance, he had a good 45 mins vs Liverpool, a couple good first halves in the first few months of Rangnick and played good on preseason last summer, that's literally it. The vast majority of United fans hate his guts, in all honesty, I don't recall a United player so universally disliked in my time supporting United. He clearly has a high level of distain towards the club, just look at his socials. He personally wants to leave United. He would be one of the highest paid players at the club and not a starter, which is a disruption to the players that do play and do perform.

Can you please explain to me what makes you think it would be a good idea to keep this specific player at Manchester United.

Getting rid of that waster permanently is cause for celebration.

Rashford next.
Why Rashford when Antony is literally there in third season doing nothing?! I don’t mind getting rid of Rashford but we are all quite with ETH’s franchise player

Casemiro won't be sold this late because not enough time to replace him. Lazio showed some interest for Lindelof then signed someone else. Ajax had the nerve to plead poverty with us over Eriksen.
Jokers....after they rinsed us for Antony & Donny's been another collosal waste of money. Pay back the money, Ajax.

Why Rashford when Antony is literally there in third season doing nothing?! I don’t mind getting rid of Rashford but we are all quite with ETH’s franchise player
No one's quiet about ETH's "franchise" player (whatever that means)....I think everyone has just accepted that we'll be unable to sell Antony (for now at least) without massive losses/ramifications towards PSR etc. Same isn't true for Rashford. Ideally we would've been able to clear them both out and replace them, but I guess this entire squad mess will take 2-3 windows (at the very least) to fix.

We have improved our ability to get rid of deadwood by several levels. It’s good to see.

AWB, McTominay, Sancho, Greenwood, Hannibal, Martial, VDB. All in one window.

Well if we're swapping flops who have been dropped by their respective National sides, I'll gladly take Locatelli for Sancho

It's a win win win.

United sends out, hopefully with an obligation to buy, a problematic player. We remove one issue from the dressing room and perpetual debate.

Sancho leaves the country, will play in a weaker league where his technical qualities can be an asset.

Juve have an improvement to Chiesa.

Top 5 biggest fail in our transfers in the last 15 years.

No one's quiet about ETH's "franchise" player (whatever that means)....I think everyone has just accepted that we'll be unable to sell Antony (for now at least) without massive losses/ramifications towards PSR etc. Same isn't true for Rashford. Ideally we would've been able to clear them both out and replace them, but I guess this entire squad mess will take 2-3 windows (at the very least) to fix.

Yeah shifting them two will be difficult

Some sources say loan with option to buy, others say loan with obligation to buy, so which is it?

Jokers....after they rinsed us for Antony & Donny's been another collosal waste of money. Pay back the money, Ajax.
Who are you kidding? We're the jokers for agreeing to such silly deals. Ajax owes us absolutely nothing for our mistakes.

And Eriksen's legs are toast btw. "We don't have the money" is just a polite way of saying "He stinks, we're not interested". Some of y'all need to learn not to take sports journalism quotes at face value.

Some sources say loan with option to buy, others say loan with obligation to buy, so which is it?

It's looking like an option to buy that becomes an obligation with very low benchmark. Probably some accounting shenanigans.

It’s Juve so probably just an option which they obviously won’t take up.

Was hoping we could get Chelsea to do a deal. They’re in their Woodward era and would have been our best shot of some good money

We have improved our ability to get rid of deadwood by several levels. It’s good to see.

AWB, McTominay, Sancho, Greenwood, Hannibal, Martial, VDB. All in one window.
100%. Hopefully the implication goes beyond financial impact, but on the team culture as well. It sends a strong message to the rest of the squad - if you’re underperforming and not improving, we will move you on (whichever way necessary). It’s rather refreshing, at least in theory. If this doesn’t get the likes of Antony to try everything he has (and then some) to win playing minutes and contribute G/A, I don’t know what else will. To a lesser degree, Casemiro, Onana, Rashford, too.

It’s Juve so probably just an option which they obviously won’t take up.

Was hoping we could get Chelsea to do a deal. They’re in their Woodward era and would have been our best shot of some good money

Yeah at least we know they could have afforded him

I mean lets just ignore the club's accounts then?
Objectively it is still a high wage bill then. Casemiro and Antony won't be leaving this window and could be tough to shift when the time comes.

It isn't an obsession, it's the reason why we find it hard to get buyers for our players. That will hopefully improve under this new structure but it's hardly contentious to say we've spent money frivolously on many of these players.

I don't know what your point is tbh. Most of the work on our wage bill is done. And Manchester United will always have at the very least a top 10 highest wage bill in world football.

Ronaldo 515k
De Gea 375k
Varane 340k
Pogba 290k
Cavani 250k
Martial 250k
Sancho 250k
Mata 160k
van de Beek 120k
Fred 120k
Matic 120k
Henderson 100k
Telles 93k
Wan-Bissaka 90k
Bailly 80k
Lingard 75k
Greenwood 75k
Jones 75k
Williams 65k
McTominay 60k
Tuanzebe 50k
Chong 20k
Pellistri 20k
Hannibal 15k
Kambwala 7.5k
Elanga 5k

These players are all gone. Over £3.5m per week in wages cleared, if the numbers are accurate. All of the top 7 earners from the 2021/22 season are already permanently gone too, as soon as Sancho leaves the club. We are currently paying around 3.5m/week combined to the whole squad, but of course that will increase: Mazraoui's salary is unknown, Ugarte is joining, and the likes of Mainoo and Amad will need new deals soon. Maybe even Garnacho as well. But we've still cleared almost as much already than we are paying to the whole squad combined right now.

These players are almost certain to leave the club relatively soon as well:

Casemiro 350k
Antony 200k (not sure if this number is accurate or not)
Maguire 190k
Eriksen 150k
Lindelöf 120k
Evans 65k
Heaton 45k

Another £1.12m/week that will be cleared relatively soon, so more than 4.6m overall now. That will mean we paid more to these players (26 already gone + 7 likely to leave/retire soon), than we are paying to the whole current squad combined.

The players we've extended with, or promoted/added to the squad in these last 24 months that have a future at the club:

Bumped both Bruno and Rashford from 200k to 300k
Mount 250k
De Ligt 195k
Shaw to 150k (not sure how much his previous contract was)
Martínez 120k
Onana 120k
Yoro 115k
Zirkzee 105k
Dalot to 85k from 25k
Hojlund 85k
Malacia 75k (has a future at the club if the rehabilitation is possible)
Garnacho to 50k (not sure how much his previous contract was)
Mainoo first pro deal 20k
Mazraoui unknown (I think it has to be around 85-115k)
Ugarte unknown (I presume around 100-120k)

There's never been as much space for new players and new contracts for our current best performers on our wage bill, than there is now. The wage bill was an issue 24 months ago, but not anymore.

I don't know what your point is tbh. Most of the work on our wage bill is done. And Manchester United will always have at the very least a top 10 highest wage bill in world football.

Ronaldo 515k
De Gea 375k
Varane 340k
Pogba 290k
Cavani 250k
Martial 250k
Sancho 250k
Mata 160k
van de Beek 120k
Fred 120k
Matic 120k
Henderson 100k
Telles 93k
Wan-Bissaka 90k
Bailly 80k
Lingard 75k
Greenwood 75k
Jones 75k
Williams 65k
McTominay 60k
Tuanzebe 50k
Chong 20k
Pellistri 20k
Hannibal 15k
Kambwala 7.5k
Elanga 5k

These players are all gone. Over £3.5m per week in wages cleared, if the numbers are accurate. All of the top 7 earners from the 2021/22 season are already permanently gone too, as soon as Sancho leaves the club. We are currently paying around 3.5m/week combined to the whole squad, but of course that will increase: Mazraoui's salary is unknown, Ugarte is joining, and the likes of Mainoo and Amad will need new deals soon. Maybe even Garnacho as well. But we've still cleared almost as much already than we are paying to the whole squad combined right now.

Casemiro 350k
Maguire 190k
Eriksen 150k
Lindelöf 120k
Evans 65k
Heaton 45k

Another £1.12m/week that will be cleared relatively soon, so more than 4.6m overall now. That will mean we paid more to these players (26 already gone + 7 likely to leave/retire soon), than we are paying to the whole current squad combined.

The players we've extended with, or promoted/added to the squad in these last 24 months that have a future at the club:

Mount 250k
De Ligt 195k
Martínez 120k
Onana 120k
Yoro 115k
Zirkzee 105k
Dalot to 85k from 25k
Hojlund 85k

There's never been as much space for new players and new contracts for our current best performers on our wage bill, than there is now. This was an issue 24 months ago, but not anymore.
Bravo, very good post, regardless of whether some numbers are correct or not. We are in a very very good spot, wage wise. Bodes well for the ability to attract new talents and reward performance. This is the culture reset that is sorely needed after years (decades?) of mismanagement.

Ronaldo 515k
De Gea 375k
Varane 340k
Pogba 290k
Cavani 250k
Martial 250k
Sancho 250k
Mata 160k
van de Beek 120k
Fred 120k
Matic 120k
Henderson 100k
Telles 93k
Wan-Bissaka 90k
Bailly 80k
Lingard 75k
Greenwood 75k
Jones 75k
Williams 65k
McTominay 60k
Tuanzebe 50k
Chong 20k
Pellistri 20k
Hannibal 15k
Kambwala 7.5k
Elanga 5k

Casemiro 350k
Maguire 190k
Eriksen 150k
Lindelöf 120k
Evans 65k
Heaton 45k

Mount 250k
De Ligt 195k
Martínez 120k
Onana 120k
Yoro 115k
Zirkzee 105k
Dalot to 85k from 25k
Hojlund 85k

There's never been as much space for new players and new contracts for our current best performers on our wage bill, than there is now. The wage bill was an issue 24 months ago, but not anymore.
You’ve gotta think well improve Mainoo, Garnacho and Martinez soon based on their squad status

100%. Hopefully the implication goes beyond financial impact, but on the team culture as well. It sends a strong message to the rest of the squad - if you’re underperforming and not improving, we will move you on (whichever way necessary). It’s rather refreshing, at least in theory. If this doesn’t get the likes of Antony to try everything he has (and then some) to win playing minutes and contribute G/A, I don’t know what else will. To a lesser degree, Casemiro, Onana, Rashford, too.
Agree, although I’m not convinced additional effort will help Antony.

Status
Not open for further replies.