Jadon Sancho (Out) | Chelsea reach deal to sign on loan with obligation to buy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does it count towards PSR if its an obligation? Can we use the future income to sign a striker now?

That would do for now. Let’s hope it’s decent conditions which become a permanent deal.
It’s an obligation to buy, they have to make it permanent.

Why has a loan w/obligation to buy been so alien to people this window?

I don't care what the fee is, it could be 0 as long as they pay his salary and the obligation clause is guaranteed to trigger.

Arguably our best bit of business this summer if this goes through

Sancho is worse when it comes to expectation. We were apparently signing an attacker whose numbers were only behind Messi at the time. What a dud he's been.

Since he joined he never looked ready for the physical side of the game. It's incredible how many soft players we have signed from Dortmund

Antony cost more, has done less and has little to no resale value.
I disagree, I don't rate Antony much, but I can think of a few good games of his compared to Sancho, I can't think of a single standout performance from him.

I disagree, I don't rate Antony much, but I can think of a few good games of his compared to Sancho, I can't think of a single standout performance from him.
Whats weird is that Antony and Sancho have both played 83 games for us, Sancho has 12 goals and Antony 11.

Fantastic news if this pans out. The new management have pulled a blinder if it gets over the line. If we can get a transfer fee that more or less offsets any subsidised wages this year, then this saves us a tonne of money in the long run. Anything beyond that is a bonus.

It’s an obligation to buy, they have to make it permanent.

Why has a loan w/obligation to buy been so alien to people this window?
Not always. Obligation can often be contingent on certain conditions being met e.g a set number of appearances or Champions League qualification. Eric Bailly went to Marseille on loan with an obligation which didn’t happen as he didn’t hit the criteria.

Does it count towards PSR if its an obligation? Can we use the future income to sign a striker now?
Not sure about PSR specifically, but in FFP a loan with obligation counts as a sale. So its a fair bet its the same principle.

Admiral optimism but quiet two days now for us that consist of confirming this loan and unveiling Ugarte
Hopefully we can get a few more out of the door too, I'm praying that the saudis come in for Case if Ugarte is going to be first choice. If not, we could still do with Lindelof and Eriksen sold and a couple more loaned out.

Obligation to buy would be one of the best news of the summer. I expect him to do well in Italy, though, especially in a Juve team that's way superior to everyone else in the league except Inter. Think he might play centrally a lot for them as well, not just on the wing.

Still think it's a mistake to let him go. If Garnacho gets hurt all we have is a broken Rashford... Unless there is some academy player I don't know about we will be struggling for goals if Garnacho ever goes down.

Sancho wants to leave. There's no point forcing him to stay and it's also clear him and ETH don't like each other.

Not always. Obligation can often be contingent on certain conditions being met e.g a set number of appearances or Champions League qualification. Eric Bailly went to Marseille on loan with an obligation which didn’t happen as he didn’t hit the criteria.
Reading the club statement it seemed more like an option to buy.

Manchester United defender Eric Bailly has joined French side Marseille on loan for the remainder of the 2022/23 season.
Bailly’s move to the south of France includes the possibility of a permanent transfer at the end of the season.

Fingers crossed it's good riddance to one of our worst ever signings and possibly the softest player to ever play for United

Antony's reportedly on around 200k per week, which I would believe given how high our wage bill is even when we're not paying out any bonuses for winning trophies.
There have been counter reports that say he's only on 75k and the rest of the 200k that gets reported is made up of performance related bonuses. The idea being that the media always reports the maximum potential wage for United because it winds us up.

Obligation would be awesome! If we get a payment garunteed happy days

Status
Not open for further replies.