Jadon Sancho (Out) | Chelsea reach deal to sign on loan with obligation to buy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Carney Chukuwemeka (sp) is available. Like him a lot. Like Cucarella too.

Yeah either would be good, come on Juve put up the money and stop fobbing us off with loan proposals. We could then give Brentford an offer for Toney with the money and give him food for thought

Ten Hag has to wear this.

Yes, Sanho is a man child, yes, his behavior and attitude is problematic, but it is upto the manager to get something out of him.

This isn't Sunday league, where you can tell someone to f off and not come back next week. Sancho was a massive signing and is on huge wages. You isolate him, make him train with the kids and essentially tell the world he is a poor trainer, then the only thing you are going to achieve, it to devalue the asset.

Even if Sancho had put in decent performances and not had a falling out, it would have been near impossible to sell him as there are next to no clubs that can pay 300k a week. The ones that can dont want him. If we give him away on a free, few clubs can pay those wages.

I wouldn't mind so much if Sancho was being pushed aside for a top tier right forward, but the manager wanted to persist with Anthony who is clearly worse than Sancho.

And the prospect of Sterling coming in. I mean. I hate that guy so much that it will make it hard to watch United.
this reminds me of when Fergie went ballistic upon a journalist asked Fergie whether Veron is suited for the EPL. ("he's a fooking great player!"). Only to sell him to Chelsea a few weeks later

Yeah either would be good, come on Juve put up the money and stop fobbing us off with loan proposals. We could then give Brentford an offer for Toney with the money and give him food for thought
When does our next window to truly compete for PL titles again start, 2026-2027 season maybe if Hojlund, Garnacho, Yoro, et al develop well? Toney will be turning 31 by then, and probably a toxic asset we're desperate to get off of the books.

Feels like folks just can't see past the short term thinking. He's a less talented striker version of Casemiro. Might give you one good season (which means what exactly with this team?) and then the decline phase starts. I'm praying our new management team is smarter than moves like this. So far we've built with youth largely, so it seems they're not falling into past traps of continually trying to band-aid the squad with the shiny new veteran.

I say stand pat with Holjund and Zirkzee for this season. If there's extra money and a good deal available add a midfielder if anything.

Yes he isnt. Casemiro and Mainoo are 2 options for 2 positions in our midfield. Selling Casemiro will require buying 2 players

2 players? Why? The only position Case covers is that of a defensive CM, which he can't perform at a good level anymore. If we were to sell him, we could get in a young CM who is more complete (leaning on the defensive side) to cover both Ugarte and Mainoo. We also have Colleyer and Kone coming through.

Ten Hag has to wear this.

Yes, Sanho is a man child, yes, his behavior and attitude is problematic, but it is upto the manager to get something out of him.

This isn't Sunday league, where you can tell someone to f off and not come back next week. Sancho was a massive signing and is on huge wages. You isolate him, make him train with the kids and essentially tell the world he is a poor trainer, then the only thing you are going to achieve, it to devalue the asset.

Even if Sancho had put in decent performances and not had a falling out, it would have been near impossible to sell him as there are next to no clubs that can pay 300k a week. The ones that can dont want him. If we give him away on a free, few clubs can pay those wages.

I wouldn't mind so much if Sancho was being pushed aside for a top tier right forward, but the manager wanted to persist with Anthony who is clearly worse than Sancho.

And the prospect of Sterling coming in. I mean. I hate that guy so much that it will make it hard to watch United.

Seriously? You're blaming the same manager who gave him time off DURING the season to sort out his mental health issues and then welcomed him back with so much support?

One comment about lack of commitment in training and the idiot throws his toys out of the pram. We've seen multiple managers make comments like that, no one ever has made a fuss as big as he did. Many take it on as a challenge even.

And no, Antony is not "clearly worse" than Sancho. Both are shit, but atleast Antony looks like he gives a feck on the pitch. Think we're unfortunately stuck with him for this season. Juve have brought in 2 wingers and I can't see the Sancho/Sterling swap happening. Only hope is sending him out on loan and hoping he doesn't treat it as a holiday. Think this will be similar to the Pepe situation at Arsenal.

When does our next window to truly compete for PL titles again start, 2026-2027 season maybe if Hojlund, Garnacho, Yoro, et al develop well? Toney will be turning 31 by then, and probably a toxic asset we're desperate to get off of the books.

Feels like folks just can't see past the short term thinking. He's a less talented striker version of Casemiro. Might give you one good season (which means what exactly with this team?) and then the decline phase starts. I'm praying our new management team is smarter than moves like this. So far we've built with youth largely, so it seems they're not falling into past traps of continually trying to band-aid the squad with the shiny new veteran.

I say stand pat with Holjund and Zirkzee for this season. If there's extra money and a good deal available add a midfielder if anything.

I just worry about lacking a number 8 who could rotate with Mainoo or proven goalscorer through the season. Yes you make a valid point about keeping the age down but we need to sign those two positions.

Draft agreement between Juventus and Manchester United for Sancho, onerous loan with option (which is more of an obligation).
Everything will depend on Chiesa, time is running out.
Ps United won't wait until the end, the competition is long.

feck. Right. Off.

What is more, the most recent financial statement showed that revenue increased by 14% on the previous year, going from €443m to €508m, while operating costs simultaneously dropped 9%, from €468m to €428m.

When united come around, they take the absolute piss. Enough of these clowns.

We created the problem with another crazy wage, so it's no surprise that another club in Europe can't afford to match it. There's no way Dortmund were paying his full wages last season, so some sort of a loan fee will help. An obligation to buy will be even better.

Anything to prevent Sterling in a United shirt.

No point in accepting a loan deal for him now as Chiesa is going to the scousers, that was the only appeal for that proposal and now off table

Seriously? You're blaming the same manager who gave him time off DURING the season to sort out his mental health issues and then welcomed him back with so much support?

One comment about lack of commitment in training and the idiot throws his toys out of the pram. We've seen multiple managers make comments like that, no one ever has made a fuss as big as he did. Many take it on as a challenge even.

And no, Antony is not "clearly worse" than Sancho. Both are shit, but atleast Antony looks like he gives a feck on the pitch. Think we're unfortunately stuck with him for this season. Juve have brought in 2 wingers and I can't see the Sancho/Sterling swap happening. Only hope is sending him out on loan and hoping he doesn't treat it as a holiday. Think this will be similar to the Pepe situation at Arsenal.

Yes, im blaming the manager for not being able to see the bigger picture and not protecting the value of an asset. By all accounts, making Sancho train with the kids didn't sit well with other players.

If you remember, Ten Hag criticised Sancho for not meeting standards post a very frustrating loss against Arsenal. Completely unnecessary, even if it may have been true. He should have said nothing to the journalists, gone back to Carrington and worked to get more out of the player. Calling him out publicly was never going to solicit a positive outcome. A year later and it is still an issue.

Yes, other manager have called out players before, but those managers have the credit in the bank with a team that are 100% behind him. Ten Hag didn't and still doesn't.

Sancho had several good seasons at Dortmund and a good loan spell in which he played a

And i agree. Antony is shit. Yet this manager still brought him in for 85mil. Terrible judgement in managing players, terrible judgment with his signings.

No point in accepting a loan deal for him now as Chiesa is going to the scousers, that was the only appeal for that proposal and now off table

The appeal is getting him out of the club for the season and possibly getting some of his salary paid, with a potential sale at the end of it.

I don't think we can expect to get a player back in return.

A lot of twitter talk from Di Marzio etc that Juve are going all out for Sancho, as Chiesa to liverpool is happening.

Could be a great assist from Pool this

A lot of twitter talk from Di Marzio etc that Juve are going all out for Sancho, as Chiesa to liverpool is happening.

Could be a great assist from Pool this

Them going all out for Sancho doesn’t mean much in terms of money - they would still want United to pay most of his wages.

Since last year he was no longer United player for me. In fact I forgot how he looks like. I only remember the name but even his name I mispell sometimes. He is the 'ueue' in 'Queue', so irrelevant that its just a bunch of words that might as well not be there because queue is pronounced q.

Since last year he was no longer United player for me. In fact I forgot how he looks like. I only remember the name but even his name I mispell sometimes. He is the 'ueue' in 'Queue', so irrelevant that its just a bunch of words that might as well not be there because queue is pronounced q.
If he goes to Juve, I hope he plays with Ueue on his back.

Gotta get him out. If you look at his Instagram there’s literally no Utd there. He’s done with us and we are done with him. At this point I don’t care HOW he goes, he’s just gotta go. We do need to replace him though because we cannot go in to another season with a finished Rashford, an unpredictable Garnacho, Amad and bloody Antony as our wing options. Sterling does make sense. We clearly wanted a winger as we were after Olise. Sterling this summer then go big for Eze next year.
I’m not convinced BOTH of Garnacho and Amad come good.

Gotta get him out. If you look at his Instagram there’s literally no Utd there. He’s done with us and we are done with him. At this point I don’t care HOW he goes, he’s just gotta go. We do need to replace him though because we cannot go in to another season with a finished Rashford, an unpredictable Garnacho, Amad and bloody Antony as our wing options. Sterling does make sense. We clearly wanted a winger as we were after Olise. Sterling this summer then go big for Eze next year.
I’m not convinced BOTH of Garnacho and Amad come good.

Not a winger.

Those of us who are not too keen on the idea of Sterling moving to United really need Juve to pony up the cash here, otherwise we are stuck with an overrated/out-of-form English winger on massive wages (either Sancho or Sterling).

Status
Not open for further replies.