Jadon Sancho (Out) | Chelsea reach deal to sign on loan with obligation to buy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Considering they have put 0 of their own money into the club and saddled us with a billion of debt and our lacklustre transfer policy for 12 years since SAF retired, it’s no wonder.

Tell me about it. I really dont know how we have spent the best part of 220 million euros on the right wing position to end up with Sancho, Antony, Amad and Pellestri

I like Sancho as a player, but the best option for us and him is to part ways.

Depends what limitations you have. Right now, Man Utd have access to plenty of cash, but might have issues with P&S or FFP. Consequently, book value will be of concern.

Other way around, we might be in trouble for the period leading up to 30.06.24, but it's not an issue now. Actual money is.

However, even accounting wise selling a bad asset at a loss is often the best choice. His book value right now is right below £30m. Say the best possible offer is 20m. 10m loss, bad deal? Well, if the alternative is keeping him, then his book value will go down by another £15m during the year and he'll get paid another £13m in wages. A 28m paper loss is more than a 10m paper loss.

If they offer 30m we should take it and run. I don't care how talented he is, He has terrible mentality

If they offer 30m we should take it and run. I don't care how talented he is, He has terrible mentality
Agreed. Had high hopes for him before he joined and you can see the talent but doesn't have it mentally for me. You need that competitive edge at the top level and that's where the great separate themselves from.the good.

His lack of intensity and work ethic is a poor fit for the PL. While the French is also one of the more physically demanding ones, playing for the standout team (by far) should make life easier and Sancho is definitely the man for an easier life. So yeah, a move that makes sense for all but especially us.

I actually quite surprised PSG interested in Sancho . Did they ever follow his news and watch his full games ? He is the textbook player of icing on the cake.

A SWAP deal with Ugarte would be perfect . We lower our payroll and exchange 40M value back on book .

The scouts responsible for recommending Sancho and Antony should all be sacked.
The scouts considered Antony to be at best a 25m player the summer before Ole got sacked. I doubt they recommended him. I think they might be responsible for less than 30% of post Fergie transfers.

The scouts considered Antony to be at best a 25m player the summer before Ole got sacked. I doubt they recommended him. I think they might be responsible for less than 30% of post Fergie transfers.
Do scouts give recommendations on player values? Seems like something they wouldn't be in involved in.

Agree. I’d rather get rid of Antony if we could get a good fee, but that’s not going to happen. Sancho still better than him though.
I agree. Antony we are stuck with but he is hopeless. Ideal scenario we sell both and buy a top winger

Did'nt he have his best game in about the last 3 yrs against PSG recently?
Hopefully that will persuade them to take him off our hands and maybe give us Ugarte or Xavi.

His lack of intensity and work ethic is a poor fit for the PL. While the French is also one of the more physically demanding ones, playing for the standout team (by far) should make life easier and Sancho is definitely the man for an easier life. So yeah, a move that makes sense for all but especially us.
Agree. Lacks the desire and determination. Shows how poor our checks on him were when we were looking to sign him originally. The red flags should have been enough for us to walk away.

There were a number of weaknesses in Antony's game that our scouts highlighted and he wasn't a recommended signing (too reliant on his left foot, lack of pace etc). But the club ignore them and went ahead with the signing cause ETH wanted him (like moyes wanting fellani or Mourinho wanting lukaku).

Even back then, @raaes did a analysis for his YouTube channel and highlighted that he needs a very attacking fullback behind him to provide overlaps / out swinging crosses.

Ironically both Antony and Sancho played their best football with very good fullbacks behind them. Neither are wingers in the traditional sense, more wide playmakers. How the club didn't see this or chose to ignore this is beyond me.

Is that a serious question? He didn't play for a year, so realistically he doesn't need replacing.

He should be behind Amad and Garnacho in the pecking order anyway. Then probably behind Rashford and Antony too.

Surely Antony can’t be a serious option for us if we’re trying to progress.
I get we don’t need to directly replace JS, but if Rashford/Antony left as well, I wonder who is top of our list for wingers.

Luxury footballer we either carry him or we don't, that said it's best we count our lose with him.

A link maybe? Dino provided one which confirmed my suspicions, that it wasn’t the scouts that valued him, but in fact their reports that left staff valuing him at that amount.
You think I’m trawling through podcasts to find someone online a source for a claim I didn’t make?

You’re splitting hairs. Whether the scouts reports valued him at £25 million, or they were so damning that figures at the club valued him at £25 million, it’s irrelevant. The point is that we massively over paid against the advice given by the scouts.

You think I’m trawling through podcasts to find someone online a source for a claim I didn’t make?

You’re splitting hairs. Whether the scouts reports valued him at £25 million, or they were so damning that figures at the club valued him at £25 million, it’s irrelevant. The point is that we massively over paid against the advice given by the scouts.

Yeah but the article is purposely vague regarding the date of that valuation, it simply states “during Solksjaer’s time at the club”.
Likely it’s a report from 2020 or 21, as the number makes little sense when the package in 2020 to take him to Ajax in total was around 18m.
By his second season he was a Brazil international and that season he was extremely impressive in the CL groups (2 goals, 5 assists v Sporting and Dortmund) as Ajax became the first team ever to win every single group game.
Ajax won the double that season, with Antony being an important player.

No doubt we overpaid by about double, but to suggest his worth at the end of that season was 25m makes very little sense.

I think Rashford or Sancho would be great for PSG. Both would probably be up for the move as well.

That’s not true though as he’s actually done well there a couple of times.
He clearly doesn’t like it though.

Done well is somewhat generous imo, but yes he clearly runs around looking intense.
(I am sorry I just can't stand him)

I do agree with you on moving Sancho on asap though.

I like Sancho as a player, but the best option for us and him is to part ways.
I don’t understand how you like him as a player he’s been a disaster on and off the field for us since he joined

Yeah but the article is purposely vague regarding the date of that valuation, it simply states “during Solksjaer’s time at the club”.
Likely it’s a report from 2020 or 21, as the number makes little sense when the package in 2020 to take him to Ajax in total was around 18m.
By his second season he was a Brazil international and that season he was extremely impressive in the CL groups (2 goals, 5 assists v Sporting and Dortmund) as Ajax became the first team ever to win every single group game.
Ajax won the double that season, with Antony being an important player.

No doubt we overpaid by about double, but to suggest his worth at the end of that season was 25m makes very little sense.

So United valued him at £25 million, saw him score 8 goals and 4 assists in the Dutch league the following season, but put in two good champions league performances. Let’s say (generously) that they then thought he was worth £40 million but decided to pay £85 million anyway.

You’re welcome to nitpick over whether the £25 million valuation was in 2021 or 2022. None of it really makes this reflect any better on United. Even then, it’s a pointless discussion because none of these people are still working at the club.

I'd be absolutely delighted if we could unload Sancho onto PSG.

What a horrible waste of money he's been, crap lazy performances and a bad attitude to go with it.

Hopefully with the new recruitment structure there won’t be any more signings like Sancho who lack the character to play for United. Can accept that some signings won’t work out but when they lack the desire to work hard or be professional then we need to get rid for the harmony of the changing room.

Status
Not open for further replies.