Jadon Sancho (Out) | Chelsea reach deal to sign on loan with obligation to buy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Honestly, with respect it's a terrible strategy. For starters no one wanted him last season or this season permanently for a fee, his value diminishes the more he drifts. Moreover he's on absolutely stupid salary, which is also why no one would buy him. We would be subsidising his wages (again!) in the hope Juve decide to buy him when they have 2-3 new wingers of their own.

There's a far better chance of Sterling adding immediate value (assuming the wages work for us), and us in turn reducing our wage bill by getting rid of Sancho.

The club just isn’t in a good situation with Sancho, probably spend the next two years paying six figures a week for him to play somewhere else plus 15m a season of fee amortisation. Or you pay his full wages whilst he sulks on the bench or in the stands.

I’m not sure if the club could pull off a deal for Sterling that would be viable but I can understand why they are looking at alternatives to another loan for Sancho as it’s just pissing money away.

He is 30 years in 4 months on even higher wages than Sancho himself (who is only 24 years), yes he is a bigger problem.
We won’t be offering him the same wages he’s on. If he wants to play then he has to accept a lower salary or a bigger Chelsea payoff to make it happen. I’d rather get Sterling in for 2 seasons than keep Sancho for 2 seasons while he stinks the place out and distract the team with more social media posts over his unfair treatment.

We won’t be offering him the same wages he’s on. If he wants to play then he has to accept a lower salary or a bigger Chelsea payoff to make it happen. I’d rather get Sterling in for 2 seasons than keep Sancho for 2 seasons while he stinks the place out and distract the team with more social media posts over his unfair treatment.
I notice that when the briefings went out today about Sterling, it was obvious they wanted people to know it would be on good financial terms. Doesn’t seem like a Sanchez situation where we almost seemed to revel in making him an insanely high earner.

Casemiro isn’t deadwood? That’s a new one. If they could offload him, he would be gone.

I don’t want Sterling, let’s make that abundantly clear but in the Premier League, Sterling has shown more ability at his worst than Sancho has at his best. He’s a nothing player like Antony who needs to be gone as soon as possible.
Yes he isnt. Casemiro and Mainoo are 2 options for 2 positions in our midfield. Selling Casemiro will require buying 2 players

Didnt Sterling do the same thing just a week ago?

People are desperate for signings even it will look stupid in few weeks times.

He is 30 years in 4 months on even higher wages than Sancho himself (who is only 24 years), yes he is a bigger problem.
He won't come without a wage cut, as reported he needs to sort that contract settlement with Chelsea first.

He'd be a bigget asset to us than Sancho, by some distance, and we don't need to offer him a long term deal.

So no, he's not a bigger problem.

I notice that when the briefings went out today about Sterling, it was obvious they wanted people to know it would be on good financial terms. Doesn’t seem like a Sanchez situation where we almost seemed to revel in making him an insanely high earner.
With the new management team in place that understand football and value and I can’t see them being bent over like the previous regime. Plus the fact no one else wants Sterling, we hold some power over the transfer. He either stays and earns his money = Gareth Bale or moves to United for a much lower wage and get to play.

Rashford has had a shocking start to this season, even after his extra training over the summer. Antony should not be anywhere near the starting line up either and I’m not sure Diallo and a Garnacho will be consistent enough. Coupled with the amount of games we will have this season and potential injuries it does make sense to replace Sancho.

Is sterling the answer? Not long term but for a season or two he could be useful. Also if this is dependent on Sancho finally leaving then we should definitely bring in Sterling to ship Sancho out of the club.

Didnt Sterling do the same thing just a week ago?

People are desperate for signings even it will look stupid in few weeks times.
Not to the same level as what Sancho did. Sancho caused problems everywhere he goes and hasn’t really backed it up consistently enough to warrant such an attitude like he’s completed football and everyone should worship the guy. Sancho has no pace, barely creates anything and doesn’t score enough. He’s a luxury player and those type of players are being phased out of football and it seems to be geared towards hard working players who can press and run for 90 mins, Sancho cannot do this.

Sterling might not be the answer either but he could be the answer to shifting Sancho out and ending the drama. We don’t get to see/hear the effect of his attitude on the rest of the squad when he isn’t involved, perhaps he’s that disruptive it’s impacting training negatively.

If people complain in a few weeks then it’s easy to remember, if Sancho stays he won’t play so Sterling already offers more to the united squad as he has a chance of playing for us and surely will offer more than Antony.

He's a massive improvement on Sancho. Sterling's a very good player, properly underrated.
Was* a very good player.

City, England and Chelsea have now collectively deemed that he's declined to the point he's nowhere near good enough. And they got a better version of him than we'll get. We'll get an even older, slower version of him.

Apparently Chelsea have moved for Toney. We should only entertain their offer for Sancho if it includes a very good fee alongside Sterling.

What I don’t understand is why are Chelsea willing to take a punt on Sancho if wages are an issue?

One of the theories floating around here was Chelsea wanting to cut their wage bill. Sterling with his wages was sticking out. Surely Sancho won’t agree to a wage cut or a heavily incentivized contract with low base pay?

What I don’t understand is why are Chelsea willing to take a punt on Sancho if wages are an issue?

One of the theories floating around here was Chelsea wanting to cut their wage bill. Sterling with his wages was sticking out. Surely Sancho won’t agree to a wage cut or a heavily incentivized contract with low base pay?
The whole thing is just weird.

Hopefully during the meetings today everyone realised it makes no sense for any party and the idea gets scrapped.

From reports, Sancho is paid less than Sterling.

But I agree it only makes sense if somehow both United and Chelsea can have each player accept a salary cut (a severe one for Sterling). Unless there's some accounting voodoo on Chelsea's side to somehow shift sums from one line of the books to another in a slightly beneficial manner.

If they can "fix" Sancho and appreciate his value within a year or two they can probably sell him at a profit, I guess ?

I think Bayern may be in for Sancho once Coman leaves.
The annoying thing is, the transfer fee we'd accept for Sancho is very reasonable and he wouldn't be the worst punt at €35m, that's nothing these days.

Unfortunately there's just no incentive for Sancho to leave on a permanent deal for reduced wages, he'd rather ride out the last 2 years of his deal here and go out on loan.

Was* a very good player.

City, England and Chelsea have now collectively deemed that he's declined to the point he's nowhere near good enough. And they got a better version of him than we'll get. We'll get an even older, slower version of him.

Probably.

Anyway it's not going to happen. Suspect it's all speculation.

Some select Chelsea forum opinions on signing Sancho:

Safe to say there isn't unanimous support for the idea.
This one's my favourite:
This one make no sense at all. I just don’t get it. Where the f**k will everyone play? We need to reduce the squad like mad over next couple of days and we are still brining in players.
I wait for the day when this site is full of posters begging United to stop signing players.

How in the feck do Chelsea also want Sancho? They’re nutters, the lot of them.

I'm not convinced that Chelsea really want Sancho or that United really want Sterling - neither are particularly good players (at least not anymore, in Sterling's case). Rather, both clubs have a problem and they think they have found another club to get rid of it for them.

Ten Hag has to wear this.

Yes, Sanho is a man child, yes, his behavior and attitude is problematic, but it is upto the manager to get something out of him.

This isn't Sunday league, where you can tell someone to f off and not come back next week. Sancho was a massive signing and is on huge wages. You isolate him, make him train with the kids and essentially tell the world he is a poor trainer, then the only thing you are going to achieve, it to devalue the asset.

Even if Sancho had put in decent performances and not had a falling out, it would have been near impossible to sell him as there are next to no clubs that can pay 300k a week. The ones that can dont want him. If we give him away on a free, few clubs can pay those wages.

I wouldn't mind so much if Sancho was being pushed aside for a top tier right forward, but the manager wanted to persist with Anthony who is clearly worse than Sancho.

And the prospect of Sterling coming in. I mean. I hate that guy so much that it will make it hard to watch United.

I'm not convinced that Chelsea really want Sancho or that United really want Sterling - neither are particularly good players (at least not anymore, in Sterling's case). Rather, both clubs have a problem and they think they have found another club to get rid of it for them.
It’s like Strangers On A Train, crisscross. We take care of their little problem, they take care of ours. No witnesses.

If Sancho is valued at 40mil and Osimhen is being considered to the Saudi league at 65mil. Surely we could do a deal with Napoli of Sancho plus 25-30mil for Osimhen can't we?

If Sancho is valued at 40mil and Osimhen is being considered to the Saudi league at 65mil. Surely we could do a deal with Napoli of Sancho plus 25-30mil for Osimhen can't we?
Lots of clubs would buy sancho, but the reason they won't is due to his extortionate wage demands. He won't leave United, and you can't blame him when Woodward was dumb enough to offer that salary.

Status
Not open for further replies.