Jadon Sancho (Out) | Chelsea reach deal to sign on loan with obligation to buy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sterling with a point to prove is still better than an unhappy Sancho rotting on the bench.

Not sure how this makes sense for Chelsea? Sancho is on extremely high wages, equivalent if not more than Sterling. They'd have to pay a fee, plus Sterling is the more effective player in the EPL.

I really hope this Sterling move is a bluff to get Juve to cough up.

The only other rational explanation is that the Glazers have suddenly got involved again and are taking advice from their mysterious new transfer guru "Ned Wardwood"

Not sure how this makes sense for Chelsea? Sancho is on extremely high wages, equivalent if not more than Sterling. They'd have to pay a fee, plus Sterling is the more effective player in the EPL.
Stirling is on more than Sancho, around 315k a week. As we’re not in champs league Sancho’s wages will be minus the qualifying bonus they all get. I believe Sancho is struggling by on around 235k a week this season.

Where would sterling fit in here?
Surely wouldn’t play ahead of Bruno, garnacho, hoijlund? Maybe rashford but he seems to be untouchable and I’m not even including Amad in that.
Swapping one bench for another?

Where would sterling fit in here?
Surely wouldn’t play ahead of Bruno, garnacho, hoijlund? Maybe rashford but he seems to be untouchable and I’m not even including Amad in that.
Swapping one bench for another?

Maybe Rashford wouldn't be so untouchable with Sterling there, presumably Bruno wouldn't be in the front 3 as you have suggested above

I really hope this Sterling move is a bluff to get Juve to cough up.

The only other rational explanation is that the Glazers have suddenly got involved again and are taking advice from their mysterious new transfer guru "Ned Wardwood"

:lol:

Sterling with a point to prove is still better than an unhappy Sancho rotting on the bench.
Rather we got someone with far lower wages and someone who we could sell if it didn’t work out. Madueke is surplus at Chelsea isn’t he?

Yes the guy who scored a hattrick two days ago is definitely surplus.
:lol: :lol:

Tbf to the poster, there were reports that they were looking to offload him this summer.

I'm sure that'll have changed now though...

We should not entertain swap deal with Chelsea. Chelsea have been throwing enough money around. If they cant buy then we might as well loan him out. Sterling would be atrocious deal

Maybe Rashford wouldn't be so untouchable with Sterling there, presumably Bruno wouldn't be in the front 3 as you have suggested above
I might be wrong but Sterling usually plays as a winger or no.10? Maybe he's done a couple of false 9 jobs under Pep.
I just can't see how he gets in a starting XI personally.
Not sure we need another £300k winger who hardly ever plays, just be swapping one problem for another one, would much prefer the cash, even if its only break even for FFP.

30 million plus sterling for Sancho. Nothing less, and who knows they may even take it

We would need cash in addition for sterling for the swap to happen, and sterling would need to go down dramatically on his wages.

image.png

Sancho is worth somewhere around £40m. Taking Sterling in some kind of swap is like saying there are zero other wingers in the entire world for £40m or under who would work in our team. Really? There are no young wingers on the cusp, none with the right age profile (18-25), none who might suddenly go up a gear?

Obviously this must be true so we should take the deal.

Sancho is worth somewhere around £40m. Taking Sterling in some kind of swap is like saying there are zero other wingers in the entire world for £40m or under who would work in our team. Really? There are no young wingers on the cusp, none with the right age profile (18-25), none who might suddenly go up a gear?

Obviously this must be true so we should take the deal.
Sorry…who is giving us 40m for Sancho?

£30m + Sterling and you can begin to justify the deal. Anything else is crazy.

I'll rather we play Sancho into form than sign Sterling.

Also irrational
We can still loan out Sancho in the next few days and sell him next summer. Sterling will be another Alexis/Ronaldo/Casemiro situation. We need to stop signing players that have played their best football for other clubs.

Is it irrational? Sterling isn’t some unknown quantity. We all know what we’d be getting. It’s perfectly reasonable to not want him.
Actually what's unknown is whether his massive dip is owing to the Chelsea circus. Prior to that he was a PL beast.

He actually had a bright period last season before things got more volatile again, with 8 goals in 21 PL starts.

What we do know is that Sancho isn't coming near our team and also that no club wants to pay a fee for him. It's irrational to rather be stuck with a spoilt brat who won't feature than get an experienced head in with a point to prove in a fresh scene.

Status
Not open for further replies.