Jadon Sancho (Out) | Chelsea reach deal to sign on loan with obligation to buy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Juventus seemingly out of the race now. Chelsea are the last hope this week I think

@WeePat @duffer @TheMagicFoolBus

Do you think there’s anything to the idea Chelsea could go for him? (Athletic said Chelsea might be interested) Do you need anyone in his position? I saw your manager isn’t convinced by Mydrik
Romano said Juventus want 3 new wide players ideally. Which includes Sancho (if they can sell Chiesa). So it's not over

Why the feck are we keeping hold of him if he's not going to play, with all the beef/drama that comes with it?

Just lower his price and let him go...its a pointless headache to have.

Juventus are still in the race to sign Sancho according to Di Marzios latest tweet.

Juventus wants to close the deal under certain conditions, now the ball will be in Manchester United's court to decide whether to accept them or not.

Let's not forget those massive wages we agreed to pay him. On current form nobody will pay that. So he'll stay and just keep earning

Yes but people should be aware by now that you can't just sell players at a massive book loss on a whim anymore unless you have enough scope in your profits to bare the hit that reporting period.

If we sell him for a big loss now, it means we need to sell others for a profit to make up the hit.

Can’t see anyone take him now. Guy has great talent but no where near the required attitude.

Last edited:
I think he is waiting on Ten Hag to be sacked or for Dortmund to low ball us with another loan deal. Which we should instantly reject . No club in europe is going to match his salary. I personally think their is a player in there. Shame it hasn’t worked out

We currently have very little creativity in our squad minus Bruno and Mainoo, we should have done the Jadon Sancho deal 4 weeks ago, it’s too late now as clubs are wanting us to pay half his wages and lowballing us for a loan fee, this deal is not worth doing.

Dan Ashworth is the DOF and Jason Wilcox Technical Director(Who actually knows the player very well). Hypothetically, even if we sell him for what £25m with 5/6 days left to find a replacement, the deal is not worth doing for the club.

Ashworth, Wilcox, ETH and Jadon need to sit in a room and sort this out, clearly there is no current market for him and I’d argue if he actually knuckles down, works hard he’s superior to both Amad and Antony in experience and actual creativity. The powers that be should tell ETH he needs to be in the squad providing he trains properly and he should be placed above Antony as he’s a far superior player and this is on ETH.

Yes Jadon’s wrong in every aspect of his behaviour but when you’ve just played in a CL Final, and still no one wants you, it’s time to knuckle down, however in no universe is Antony a superior player especially when the club currently have huge creative and goal
Scoring problems.

It’s time to to tell Jadon, he needs to play 30-40 games this season and get double figure goal involvements and then at the end of the season he’ll get his move and the transfer he wants.

At the very least if he’s training well he should be in our 20 man matchday squad without question, then it’s down to him to make ETH select him in his starting 11.

Right now no one really wants him apart from a loan with no obligation to buy and on top of that those clubs want United to pay half his wages, so time to graft Jason?

We currently have very little creativity in our squad minus Bruno and Mainoo, we should have done the Jadon Sancho deal 4 weeks ago, it’s too late now as clubs are wanting us to pay half his wages and lowballing us for a loan fee, this deal is not worth doing.

Dan Ashworth is the DOF and Jason Wilcox Technical Director(Who actually knows the player very well). Hypothetically, even if we sell him for what £25m with 5/6 days left to find a replacement, the deal is not worth doing for the club.

Ashworth, Wilcox, ETH and Jadon need to sit in a room and sort this out, clearly there is no current market for him and I’d argue if he actually knuckles down, works hard he’s superior to both Amad and Antony in experience and actual creativity. The powers that be should tell ETH he needs to be in the squad providing he trains properly and he should be placed above Antony as he’s a far superior player and this is on ETH.

Yes Jadon’s wrong in every aspect of his behaviour but when you’ve just played in a CL Final, and still no one wants you, it’s time to knuckle down, however in no universe is Antony a superior player especially when the club currently have huge creative and goal
Scoring problems.

It’s time to to tell Jadon, he needs to play 30-40 games this season and get double figure goal involvements and then at the end of the season he’ll get his move and the transfer he wants.

At the very least if he’s training well he should be in our 20 man matchday squad without question, then it’s down to him to make ETH select him in his starting 11.

Right now no one really wants him apart from a loan with no obligation to buy and on top of that those clubs want United to pay half his wages, so time to graft Jason?

“Tell him to play well” really isn’t going to work. I think someone may have tried that already.

Juventus are still in the race to sign Sancho according to Di Marzios latest tweet.

Juventus wants to close the deal under certain conditions, now the ball will be in Manchester United's court to decide whether to accept them or not.

Take anything we get for him. Guy is absolutely useless.

Take anything we get for him. Guy is absolutely useless.
The conditions sound like his loan to Dortmund, with it only being an option to buy and we cover wages. Given Juve have yet to sell Chiesa and have just signed two more wingers, I don't think Sancho would get the gametime.

I actually think we're at a dead end this summer with him, there isn't a market for him with plenty of suitors so our hands are tied.

Yes but people should be aware by now that you can't just sell players at a massive book loss on a whim anymore unless you have enough scope in your profits to bare the hit that reporting period.

If we sell him for a big loss now, it means we need to sell others for a profit to make up the hit.
Exactly that’s we need to keep him, getting him playing good football again and next year he’ll still be worth £30m with 1 year plus 1 year left on his contract which means the £73m has a write down of £14.6m per plus his wages rumoured to be £14.3m or £275,000 per week, not the £350,000 reported and not £250,000, it’s also important to remember that this season his wage will reduce to £220,000 because of Europa league clause so the team that loans him still has to pay United a £5-6m loan fee plus Jadon’s £11.4m per year in wages or €13.5m per year . Barcelona and Juventus can’t afford it, PSG and Chelsea don’t need or really want him!

I can’t see any European club even doing a €20m total cost for one year to have Jadon move to their squad, he’s not a starter for Any of the teams he’s been linked with?

The conditions sound like his loan to Dortmund, with it only being an option to buy and we cover wages. Given Juve have yet to sell Chiesa and have just signed two more wingers, I don't think Sancho would get the gametime.

I actually think we're at a dead end this summer with him, there isn't a market for him with plenty of suitors so our hands are tied.

Well that's of no use...

“Tell him to play well” really isn’t going to work. I think someone may have tried that already.
Not tell him, there is no market currently for him so if he wants to retire at 26 that’s what is going to happen unless he changes, fans also remember in the first leg against PSG in a CL SF just 2 months ago he ripped them to shreds so there is clearly still a very good player in that outward sulky personality.

Wilcox knows him better than anyone, so surely they can sit down and get him to see sense, plus also listen to his main grievance about Antony which, let’s be fair 99% of United fans agree with. His issues are that he doesn’t feel that he had a fair chance because nepotism was shown by the coach to players like Antony, when they stink the place out!

Does he have a point?
Amad also felt that he didn’t get a chance last season ?

If Jadon was playing well right now it should be Sancho on one wing and Garnaucho on the other and Rashford and Amad fighting to get back in the side with Anthony ostracised and forced out the club, let’s hope common sense prevails because no European club is paying the €20m we currently want for a 12 month loan including paying his wages.

Juve continues to work to take #Sancho . Continuous contact with @ManUtd and the player for a loan operation

I would sell him even if it means we have to take a loss on his Amortisation value. He just screams bad vibes and i cant wait to see the back of him

It doesn't have much sense from Juventus POV.
With Kenan Yildiz, Timothy Weah + the recent additions:Nico Gonzalez and Conceicao they don't need another winger, especially one that earns €350k a-week.

Anyway Manchester United have no leverage at this point of the summer, there are just 5-6 days left to the end of transfer market.
No chance to sell him IMHO,.

No way anyone is paying a transfer fee for him. He’ll end up on loan for another season. Just kicking the can down the road but better than nothing

It doesn't have much sense from Juventus POV.
With Kenan Yildiz, Timothy Weah + the recent additions:Nico Gonzalez and Conceicao they don't need another winger, especially one that earns €350k a-week.

Anyway Manchester United have no leverage at this point of the summer, there are just 5-6 days left to the end of transfer market.
No chance to sell him IMHO,.
They're still figuring Yildiz out, and you just listed 4 players for 6 spots. One should be Koop, so they're still one short

And they obviously won't pay him that salary. Either he takes a massive pay cut, or United agree to subsidize the wages

Hopefully, but with how big they are I can’t see Juve paying them all, and Sancho doesn’t seem the type to take a pay cut seeing as he’s more about the lifestyle than playing football.

He will have 1 year left on his contract if he goes out on loan this season if we are to assume that we don’t trigger his 1 year extension.

I reckon there will be a compromise to make between United and Sancho when it comes to transfer out next year, it’s in his best interest to do well and impress to get a new contract elsewhere.

Hopefully, but with how big they are I can’t see Juve paying them all, and Sancho doesn’t seem the type to take a pay cut seeing as he’s more about the lifestyle than playing football.
We should have done to him what Chelsea have done with Sterling and the latter was more useful and committed. Deregister him, offer his number to a youth player or new signing, kick him out of the senior team, solitary training and take away all the privileges like parking spot and the like that should show him what the next two years look like for him if he doesn't take a pay cut and move on.

Ideally it's a loan with obligation to buy that they can't get out of later, based on certain conditions, like games played numbers etc.

An expensive lesson for us and horrible past mismanagement. This is a massive test for the current management. It is about cutting losses really. I can't see Sancho performing in this squad at all. Yelling at him or giving him any stress will result in a mental meltdown and you have to pay his 350k wage plus psychologist fees.

If I were Sancho, I rather sit at home and collect the 350k. Some professional footballer never earn even more than 120k per week. So 5 years a united will be like playing for 15 years in wage. What more, you get to just sit at home and blame others for your problem.

He needs replacing. We lack quality in attack
We are already carring out of form Rashford and Antony so that leaves our hopes on Garnacho and Amad. Thats not good enough.

It’s so frustrating because if this prick knuckled down it would help us massively up front. A place in the starting eleven could be his if he wanted it.

But no, he has to be a petulant lazy child. Take whatver we can get and just keep him away from the club.

Status
Not open for further replies.