Jadon Sancho (Out) | Chelsea reach deal to sign on loan with obligation to buy

Status
Not open for further replies.
The only silver lining in the whole story is us not paying +100 million the first summer we chased him. Would give credit to Woodward here, but we completely fecked it up with wages we put him on once we got him.

Also, zero credit to me as I thought initially we should do everything to get him here including paying a ridiculous fee. Saw young Hazard in him. And while funnily, Hazard also had question marks over his attitude off the pitch (Obi Mikel said he is the laziest footballer he has ever seen), their ability on the pitch and especially in EPL are obviously miles apart. Hopefully, Sancho is pushing for a move for the sake of his career as well.

I’m not sure of that, think he’s simply not the player we thought. The Premier League was simply too hard for him.
He had a fantastic reputation at Dortmund and played extremely well for them. Failing at Utd run by the glazers isn't the be all and end all. As we all know we've had a mess of a squad with no planning or strategy of how they would integrate together. But he didn't help himself.

I don't think the PL was too hard for him, he just doesn't want to do the off the ball work that PL requires from all its players to be successful.

Regardless I think the slower pace of Italian football or Spainish football would suit him better. He is more of a tiki taka footballer.

Though like Antony he has a massive flaw in his game. Both are very reliant on having a good relationship on the field with the fullback behind them, who needs to be technical enough and attacking enough to create the space to play, to allow Sancho etc to play their game, which is focused around the half spaces off the wide areas.

Everyone knows he needs to go. His worth with normal wages (let say £150k per week) should be about £40M. So there is a shortfall for him of about £250k of wages for two years remaining on his contract (compared to his current wage of £400k). If we subsidize all of this shortfall his price becomes £15M. If Sancho subsidizes half of it with other half falling to us then it becomes £28M. So to me £25M ish (or €30M) is a fair deal for everyone involved, and a deal would hopefully be done around this price.

Last edited:
Everything about him stinks.

Imagine having the opportunity to play at a club like Manchester United and actively choosing to piss it all away because you can’t be arsed. Crackpot.

I'd rather keep him than the obligation to buy plus going two's on the wages, option.
Why? ETH doesn't trust him and even if they didn't fall out, I don't see him as a guy that will happily sit on the bench getting minutes here and there like McT.

It's a tough one for the club because we're still living with the idiotic decision of paying him such a massively inflated salary.

We can be critical of the club for accepting a loan with an obligation to buy, but what's the alternative? Have him around the squad, spreading his negative influence with his half-arsed approach and poor attitude, seeing his value plummet day-by-day because he's not even in the squad each week.

I have an inside line on Sancho, and a former exec. at United (very senior) said he's the laziest, most unprofessional player he'd seen at the club - and that must be saying something.
Quick, delete this post before one of the juve execs end up reading it!

Not confident as it's Juventus being interested. They'll probably want a loan with option to buy and then decide not to buy him next year. Shame PSG are no longer interested (or at least rumours aren't there anymore).

Everything about him stinks.

Imagine having the opportunity to play at a club like Manchester United and actively choosing to piss it all away because you can’t be arsed. Crackpot.

He’s probably rich and set for life and doesn’t care anymore.

I wouldn't mind some arrangement sending a Juve out of favour player in return, I'm convinced Sancho will at best be immaterial if not an issue if he stays this year... Would rather get a gamble on someone that could be useful. I doubt anyone really fits that profile wage wise.

I wouldn't mind some arrangement sending a Juve out of favour player in return, I'm convinced Sancho will at best be immaterial if not an issue if he stays this year... Would rather get a gamble on someone that could be useful. I doubt anyone really fits that profile wage wise.

Who would you want?

As another poster said in another thread (wish I could remember his name)....Juventus and Dortmund are the dustbin sniffing raccoons of world football. We knew Juventus were interested at the beginning of the summer but then things went quiet and now towards the end of the transfer window they suddenly come back in. They know what they are doing and they are doing it deliberately even if they might pretend they dont have the money.

And that is one of the reasons that young players shouldn’t earn as much.
They always will because someone will always offer it to them if you won't. At that point it just becomes hoping you get one of the dedicated pro types and trying to weed out the ones who are going to stop trying as hard when they make it. Seems like with Sancho there was some evidence before he came to United to suggest he'd end up like this, though I certainly didn't think he'd flop like he has.

As another poster said in another thread (wish I could remember his name)....Juventus and Dortmund are the dustbin sniffing raccoons of world football. We knew Juventus were interested at the beginning of the summer but then things went quiet and now towards the end of the transfer window they suddenly come back in. They know what they are doing and they are doing it deliberately even if they might pretend they dont have the money.
:lol:

I’d rather sell but he can’t be at the club after window closes. If we have To take a hit, just loan him and let his value drop , he’s a liability

Juventus want to change their options in their wide positions to suit Motta's style of football. They are looking at two or three wide player signings. Gonzalo Rodriguez is one of the main targets, but expensive. If they sell Chiesa then they will target another winger or two.

Juventus got both Nico and Conceicao :p

You're gonna need to take Chiesa

Juventus are selling Chiesa and just got 2 wingers in

Looked like it was either Conceicao or Sancho after Gonzalez and they ended up with the former on loan so we might be stuck again...
Fair enough

But he'll play for Juventus this season. That they were willing to do that type of deal speaks volume about their current budget
Just seen the loan deal.

Hoping that Barcelona really are stupid enough to buy Chiesa. Why can't laporta wait till next summer for Nico Williams?

Just seen the loan deal.

Hoping that Barcelona really are stupid enough to buy Chiesa. Why can't laporta wait till next summer for Nico Williams?
Because there's zero guarantee that
1) Laporta will still be president
2) Nico will choose them
3) They'll have the capability of signing him
4) They need a RW *now*, not next year
5) Signing Chiesa doesn't actually preclude the possibility of going back for Nico next year anyways

I can’t see him going to Juve or anyone else unless it’s on loan, no real incentive for anyone to take him permanently.

Just seen the loan deal.

Hopefully it will be us next season in for Nico :lol:

At this point just get rid of Sancho for anything about 30m.

Juventus seemingly out of the race now. Chelsea are the last hope this week I think

@WeePat @duffer @TheMagicFoolBus

Do you think there’s anything to the idea Chelsea could go for him? (Athletic said Chelsea might be interested) Do you need anyone in his position? I saw your manager isn’t convinced by Mydrik

Juventus seemingly out of the race now. Chelsea are the last hope this week I think

Do you think there’s anything to the idea Chelsea could go for him? (Athletic said Chelsea might be interested) Do you need anyone in his position? I saw your manager isn’t convinced by Mydrik

Nah, wages too high. He's on double what any of our recent signing are getting.

Don't see any world where we go for him given we got Felix in - unless Sancho is agreeing to a huge wage cut. Mudryk may very well be our 3rd choice at that position now going forward so it seems unlikely we'd prioritise it

Status
Not open for further replies.