Jadon Sancho (Out) | Chelsea reach deal to sign on loan with obligation to buy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Juventus is still operating like a retirement home even after all these years. Any of your stuffs if it's cheap enough they'll have it.
A bit embarrassing. OBLIGATION TO BUY or NO DEAL.

Last edited:
Loaning him out potentially just with an option to buy sums up what a waste of space he is. We'd rather have him far away from the club, that's how little he offers. Plus him going on loan to cheapskates is shite too. What a joke of a transfer this ended up being.

Lukaku just went for £30m. I refuse to accept we can’t get rid of him for £40m. Lukaku’s probably on bigger wages too.
Lukaku agreed to slash those significantly, to around ~180k a week

Lukaku agreed to slash those significantly, to around ~180k a week

I reckon Sancho could potentially compromise come next summer considering he will have a year left on his contract (if we don’t extend for another year).

Sancho will no doubt be extra motivated to do well since he needs to win another big contract elsewhere afterall.

I reckon Sancho could potentially compromise come next summer considering he will have a year left on his contract (if we don’t extend for another year).

Sancho will no doubt be extra motivated to do well since he needs to win another big contract elsewhere afterall.
You severely overrate this dude, my friend. I can’t imagine him ever be motivated, let alone extra motivated.

I think Juve don't want to, and won't, play £50m for Sancho. We need him out of the club and that horrendous contract off our books. I think Juve will try and lowball us with Loan plus Obligation with Conditions to cover themselves should he fail to perform. I think we just need to take a couple of players they value at £50m and see if we can get some squad depth, at least and avoid taking the PSR loss.

Which of their players would you take for depth?

Literally no point in an option to buy because no club is ever gonna take that option.

He's had three seasons where he hasn't played particularly well, even on loan. It's pretty unsurprising there are no takers or the offered deal is not very good.

He’s not on ridiculous wages. He’s on about £250k a week. Like you said with Felix, there are players similar to him that are getting shifted on. Sterling is also about to be sold I’m not sure why Aston Villa weren’t proposed as a club Sancho could be sold to, considering they have Champions League football. Newcastle too, no Europe but they are in need of a right winger and are very ambitious.
He absolutely is on ridiculous wages. Even if it's 250k; however, it supposedly more. He is a 60k player based on what he has shown so far. We had to subsidize his wages to play for BVB last half of the season and will have to do the same again to move him to Juve.

Felix was swapped in a money laundering scheme concocted by Chelsea and Atletico. Before Felix it was Samu who was supposed to come to Chelsea for Gallagher for a similar amount and now Samu has gone to Porto for only EUR 15m.

Let's see what happens to Sterling. That deal still has to go through. Given that Palace type clubs are after him, I doubt Chelsea will be able to generate a whole lot for him unless they can agree to another scheme where they do a player swap at an inflated value.

Last edited:
Selling him for good is possibly our most important peice of transfer business left this window. The man is capable of causing conspiracy all season long

Didn’t Juve have a bid for €50m rejected for a player from Atalanta recently. Can’t be that poor. €50m+ 5m add on we would take that for Sancho right?

Italians plead poverty when it comes to us

True, only exception was Lukaku and Inter stumped out a big fee for him, Juventus although not as wealthy as they used to be they can pay whent they want to, Vlahovic cost them almost 70m or more, 90m for Higuin back in the day, 100m for CR7, we should not entertain lowball offers of loan with option, either permanent or loan with an inescapable obligation

Which of their players would you take for depth?
From Juventus? Chiesa, easily, if he accepts normal wages - he'd still be by far the best RW option you'd have on the team - and Fagioli(demand to have control over his electronic devices so you make sure he's not betting on sports again)

Didn’t Juve have a bid for €50m rejected for a player from Atalanta recently. Can’t be that poor. €50m+ 5m add on we would take that for Sancho right?
That guy - Koopmeiners - was actually the second best midfielder in serie A last season, has been amazing for several seasons, is one of the most complete midfielders around, and is still significantly cheaper than Sancho, because the agreement on wages is for around £160k a week. He's also been a priority signing for them - read: strategic, a sign-at-all-costs player, and they still haven't managed because they genuinely might not have the money needed.

Sancho is a target of opportunity

That guy - Koopmeiners - was actually the second best midfielder in serie A last season, has been amazing for several seasons, is one of the most complete midfielders around, and is still significantly cheaper than Sancho, because the agreement on wages is for around £160k a week. He's also been a priority signing for them - read: strategic, a sign-at-all-costs player, and they still haven't managed because they genuinely might not have the money needed.

Sancho is a target of opportunity
Sancho is a gamble and at this point a luxury buy for anyone.
Next year his minimal value will drop further and perhaps clubs other than the wealthiest ones could possibly take the bet at 20-25m€.

Sancho is a gamble and at this point a luxury buy for anyone.
Next year his minimal value will drop further and perhaps clubs other than the wealthiest ones could possibly take the bet at 20-25m€.

Sancho will only get a permanent transfer, if he is OK to reduce his wages.
(Which he wont)

The only way we get to sell him is if he has a great season somewhere.

Seeing what a fantastic job Motta did with Bologna last season, I'm interested to see what he can do with Juventus and Sancho in particular.

Sancho is only 24, if he can get back to his first stint at Dortmund level of play and consistency there's no reason, Juventus wouldn't make this a permanent deal.

It's not a great Juventus squad so hopefully for him, he should get plenty of game time.

In the right system, with the right manager he can flourish. Though alot depends on how much he wants it....

No one’s going to pay 40million for him. He’s not shown anything to justify that price. Amad, a very poor out of form Rashford had Gernacho will keep him out our team unless he really, really steps up. We’ll either loan him out or get 30 odd million for him. Ten Hag is under more pressure to make Anthony work too as he’s his signing.

Well, at least Motta being their manager gives me a bit of hope. Someone with a clear style of play (based mostly from what I’ve read on here and not actually watching Bologna) and Serie A being a tad slower then the PL….just maybe, his loan is successful enough to tempt them or another party.

It's a tough one for the club because we're still living with the idiotic decision of paying him such a massively inflated salary.

We can be critical of the club for accepting a loan with an obligation to buy, but what's the alternative? Have him around the squad, spreading his negative influence with his half-arsed approach and poor attitude, seeing his value plummet day-by-day because he's not even in the squad each week.

I have an inside line on Sancho, and a former exec. at United (very senior) said he's the laziest, most unprofessional player he'd seen at the club - and that must be saying something.

The guy is toxic. We should accept the first bid we get

It's a tough one for the club because we're still living with the idiotic decision of paying him such a massively inflated salary.

We can be critical of the club for accepting a loan with an obligation to buy, but what's the alternative? Have him around the squad, spreading his negative influence with his half-arsed approach and poor attitude, seeing his value plummet day-by-day because he's not even in the squad each week.

I have an inside line on Sancho, and a former exec. at United (very senior) said he's the laziest, most unprofessional player he'd seen at the club - and that must be saying something.

I have no issues if it's an obligation to buy. My issue would be if it's an option to buy

He needs to go either way. We can't have any toxicity in the dressing room this season. Things seems positive at the moment and I'd like one god damn season where it stays that way.

Eugh.

Juventus should be able to afford 40mill, right? Please

Probably not. They could of signed Todibo and Calafiori but but wages and transfer fee causes a problem. Italian football is not the powerhouse it was. Sancho will be demanding massive wages

Status
Not open for further replies.