Jadon Sancho (Out) | Chelsea reach deal to sign on loan with obligation to buy

Status
Not open for further replies.
His salary is absolutely shocking, the more I think about it, the more I find it harder to understand what the previous regime was up to.
It beggars belief.

Who was it Atletico did that with? I vaguely recall it.

Risky move, as you strongly risk straining tensions with another club. Making it that bit harder to sign or sell players to/from them in future. It stuck with me when Real Madrid said (in 2008 - I even remember the year) that they'd rather not sign Cristiano Ronaldo that Summer if it meant ruining their relationship with United. Thought it was weird at the time, but it makes sense more now.

As for the clause - I'd maybe include a break clause in January in case Juventus didn't play him enough.
Griezmann and Barcelona :lol:

Yeah, agreed with the rest of your post but I guess at the end of the day, if Sancho doesn't perform and the difference between an additional 2 appearances or being benched is them spending 40m...i think they'd bench him. But yeah, doubt it happens and i'm sure all clauses will be well thought out and if it's too 1 sided, we'd probably just walk away from the deal.

Isn't this why Pogba also went to Juventus for much lower gross wages but still was getting more net wages than if he had extended his United contract?

https://www.capology.com/club/juventus/salaries/

Also, not sure if these numbers are accurate or not, but Sancho would still be one of their highest paid players on 225k/week...but I think he only earns 250k/week at United so maybe he could accept a bigger drop off. Also saw some people on Twitter claim that it's Sancho himself pushing for a move, so surely he must be aware that he has to take a big pay cut and he's willing to do it too? Otherwise why push for a transfer? Might ne be true though.

By the way, I couldn't believe my eyes when I saw how much Juve are paying Vlahovic :lol:

We want 40m but i have a feeling we will get closer to 30m and the excess 10m will be needed as a pay off towards his wages. he'd be lucky to get offered 150k a week at his current level/form.

It's only 250k a week I think.
I think the point is that he needs to get his career moving and if he has sensible advisors, then they will encourage him to take the move even if he has to take a hit. Anyway doesn't Italy have more favourable taxes for footballers?

I think the point is that he needs to get his career moving and if he has sensible advisors, then they will encourage him to take the move even if he has to take a hit. Anyway doesn't Italy have more favourable taxes for footballers?

I might be mistaken but I think so.

If a loan and they cover half his wage (which I believe to be £300k) that's £7.8m saved.

Can’t wait til he’s gone. Takes a lot for me to dislike a Utd player but he’s in that bracket easily.

Juventus are expected to propose a loan with a salary contribution deal and may wait until the window’s final days to press for an agreement.
Salary contribution.
Fiorentina are angling for more than €40million for Gonzalez and Juventus also want to sign midfielder Teun Koopmeiners from Atalanta for more than €50m, so there would not be much money left to commit for Sancho.

there would not be much money left to commit for Sancho.

Right now I’d swap him for Raheem Sterling and Trevor Challobah and we’ll take Chilwell on loan. With no loan fee and Chelsea pay half his wages.

Jadon worth £50m (Sterling/Chalobah £25m each). There’s no way Villa are paying sterling 300k per week so offer him £180k and T Chalobah £70k which combined is the same wages as Jadon Sancho.

Don't do this to yourself guys, remember when we thought PSG were seriously in for him? This is an Italian team you're talking about here.
Normally I write off Italian media as trash, but Juventus were in for him at the beginning of the summer but needed to sell players. This seems like a club with a long standing interest in the player trying to get it done before the window closes.

Unfortunately, to me this has loan written all over.

Seems like a poor decision for Sancho, I think he will really struggle in Italy, I don't think he will get the time he desires on the ball, should pick an easier league than Italy. But that is the least of my problems, feck off and fail, I couldn't care less.

Right now I’d swap him for Raheem Sterling and Trevor Challobah and we’ll take Chilwell on loan. With no loan fee and Chelsea pay half his wages.

Jadon worth £50m (Sterling/Chalobah £25m each). There’s no way Villa are paying sterling 300k per week so offer him £180k and T Chalobah £70k which combined is the same wages as Jadon Sancho.
I'd rather not have three Chelsea players arriving.

We want 40m but i have a feeling we will get closer to 30m and the excess 10m will be needed as a pay off towards his wages. he'd be lucky to get offered 150k a week at his current level/form.
It’s important to remember that all United players have a 20/25% reduction built into their contracts without CL football so this year salary would be on the books at probably nearer £200/210k per week so pay off would be based on 24/25 season or he just stays here which is what I’m pretty sure will happen.

#Juventus, strategy confirmed: at least two attacking wingers between Nico, #Sancho and #Conceicao who can sensationally become three if they come out #Chiesa and #Kostic. It will depend on the formulas. Those who have noticed it now with a tweet are two months late... Non-stop contacts

Sounding positive that some kind of deal can be made. Won't be perfect (I.e. loan with obligation, wage contribution) but at this point anything to get him out is a huge win.

The last thing we need is this guy sulking about the place earning a fortune, please get this done.

Status
Not open for further replies.