Jadon Sancho (Out) | Chelsea reach deal to sign on loan with obligation to buy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just can’t see anybody out there mad enough to pay £30+ and take on his wages, unless Boehly wants another toy. Sancho won’t take a wage cut to move so we are stuck with him. Interesting to see if he makes the squad for Saturday!
Yeah whatever his book value is too much at the moment. Next year at something like 20m£ ? Perhaps more takers risking the punt.
Loan him to Juve if they can shoulder half his wages or something like that.

Di Marzio (The OG Goat for transfers) has just said:

Juventus are considering a loan with an obligation to buy under certain conditions set at 40 million pounds . The problem, however, is the salary of 20 million euros gross.

£40m wouldn't be too bad a fee plus loan this year would mean that would pay most if not all his wages

Di Marzio (The OG Goat for transfers) has just said:

Juventus are considering a loan with an obligation to buy under certain conditions set at 40 million pounds . The problem, however, is the salary of 20 million euros gross.

€40m wouldn't be too bad a fee plus loan this year would mean that would pay most if not all his wages
If those conditions are performance related, we have no chance.

I'm no genius negotiator but I'd be more than happy to say they can take 10-15m off that and put it to his wages if that gets the deal done.

In an ideal world we recoup a decent fee. He really needs to leave too to restart his career. Hopefully he agrees to take a lower wage.

The transfer fee actually isn't that big an issue, his book value is only around £30m or €35m, even if ideally we'd want more it would still be great for us to breakeven on his current value. There are plenty of clubs who could afford that sort of fee you'd think. It's the wages that are the issue, it's in Sancho's best interests to go on loan for the next 2 years so he can keep his ridiculous wages, no other club will offer him the sort of wages to get him to accept a permanent transfer.

Compare that to say, Antony, who's book value is more like £48m or €56m and we wouldn't find a club willing to pay anywhere close to it, so there's no financial benefit for us even trying to sell him now.

This is too good to be true. If we can go halves on the wages I’d take it. What a washout of a signing it’s been after those years of chasing this bloke.
I’d prefer to take a hit on the fee and get him off our books completely. I’m not sure what his base wage is before performance related clauses (I suspect no one in the media does) but reducing from 40 to 35m euros and then giving him a 5m signing on fee bump, would hopefully come close to making up the difference. Although it may take more than that. Juve will claim poverty, and Sancho will want every penny, so this is really a cut your losses type deal for United.

The issue is that he'll have to accept a paycut if the deal is to happen. Even if we were to subsidise half his wage, there's only 2 years left on his deal here, so from 2026 onwards Juve would be left footing the £350k a week bill and they simply won't do that.

If he agreed a contract offer of say €200k a week from them, he'll be looking for a payoff of around £15m from us to cover the loss of earnings for the 2 years remaining on his contract.

Definitely not getting more than £25m from Juventus. Paid over 10 years.
That'd be plenty. A £25M cash infusion and getting off his £250k a week wages the next two years would be over £50M in cost savings. I'd rather have £50M than Sancho for two years, personally.

That'd be plenty. A £25M cash infusion and getting off his £250k a week wages the next two years would be over £50M in cost savings. I'd rather have £50M than Sancho for two years, personally.

It really wouldn't. There is still £29m outstanding on his amortised cost if we sell him now, plus the payoff we would need to give him before he accepts the lower wage Juve would inevitably offer.

In terms of FFP/PSR, selling him for £25m this summer could end up reporting as a loss of close to £20m.

It really wouldn't. There is still £29m outstanding on his amortised cost if we sell him now, plus the payoff we would need to give him before he accepts the lower wage Juve would inevitably offer.

In terms of FFP/PSR, selling him for £25m this summer could end up reporting as a loss of close to £20m.
Oy. Your math is off.

He's got £14.5M in amortization slated for this year as you alluded to, and roughly £12M in wages. His total cost to us this year is slated to be £26.5M.

A £25M sale would be netted against the full £29M in remaining amortization, so come out to a £4M cost this year. However, note this is a massive, massive improvement compared to the £26.5M we're slated for, saving us £22.5M.

And then in the 25/26 season we also avoid any further wages or amortization.

You're right we may have to subsidize his wages some so the math isn't quite as good, but you're still looking at £40M+ in savings. Would you pay £40M for two years of Sancho?

Tl;Dr: amortization is a sunk cost. It'll be on our books no matter what we do. If Juve is willing to pay £25M you take that deal and pop champagne bottles the rest of the weekend. Would be a huge savings for us.

Woody, Arnold and Murtough masterpiece that we still need to deal with now. High transfer fees and high wages underperforming player that we can't offload.

Woody, Arnold and Murtough masterpiece that we still need to deal with now. High transfer fees and high wages underperforming player that we can't offload.
We will still need about 3-4 years to completely clean the mess of the old regime(Woodward, Murtough, Arnold...) and then potentially compete for a PL title.

Sancho is just one step in that direction. There are more - Antony, Rashford, Bruno(I know it's controversial), Shaw(injuries), Casemiro...

Maguire, Lindelof and McTominay will soon be gone, at least(after this season).

If wages are 20M a year I don't see it. He'd have to agree to slash them by at least half for them to sign him. Don't see it happening. United would have to cover the other half and that point they'd basically end up paying juventus 10M to take Sancho off their hands...

They'd be better off just loaning him out and pay his wages for this season, and hopes he does well enough to get PSG to come back for him...

I genuinely wonder how much he’d be sold for this summer if he were at one of the other big teams in the PL

They’re selling utter crap for £35m+

Sancho is 25. Just got MOTM in a Champions League semi final. £40m is a great deal in the conditions of the current market.

I genuinely wonder how much he’d be sold for this summer if he were at one of the other big teams in the PL

They’re selling utter crap for £35m+

Sancho is 25. Just got MOTM in a Champions League semi final. £40m is a great deal in the conditions of the current market.
All those players being sold for decent sums are probably on 1/4th or 1/5th or even lower weekly wages than Sancho. The wages were always going to a stumbling block in any kind of deal for him. The only way this deal would happen is if Sancho is ready to take a pay cut to play regular football or we subsidize a good portion of those wages. I still think a loan is how this will happen. Gives us a chance to get rid of those ridiculous wages for another season and may be we get some compensation in form of a loan fee.

We need a Chelsea like benefactor to get any kind of decent sum for him. He is our Joao Felix.

The players they are selling also didn't have media documented issues for c. 1-2 years.

All those players being sold for decent sums are probably on 1/4th or 1/5th or even lower weekly wages than Sancho. The wages were always going to a stumbling block in any kind of deal for him. The only way this deal would happen is if Sancho is ready to take a pay cut to play regular football or we subsidize a good portion of those wages. I still think a loan is how this will happen. Gives us a chance to get rid of those ridiculous wages for another season and may be we get some compensation in form of a loan fee.

We need a Chelsea like benefactor to get any kind of decent sum for him. He is our Joao Felix.

He’s not on ridiculous wages. He’s on about £250k a week. Like you said with Felix, there are players similar to him that are getting shifted on. Sterling is also about to be sold I’m not sure why Aston Villa weren’t proposed as a club Sancho could be sold to, considering they have Champions League football. Newcastle too, no Europe but they are in need of a right winger and are very ambitious.

'Certain conditions' meaning they won't likely be met, they get to take Sancho on loan for free and we pay half his wages.

Amazing deal for them. Attacking squad player for depth on affordable wages with no 'real' obligation to buy.
They're going to do an Atletico and add in "appearance related clauses" and when he's about to hit the appearance numbers, they'll bench him! :lol:

*i say this half jesting. I'm sure our current footballing men won't be that daft.

£40m would be amazing but if salary is an issue I'd be more than happy with £30m with Juventus putting the £10m towards his wage.

They're going to do an Atletico and add in "appearance related clauses" and when he's about to hit the appearance numbers, they'll bench him! :lol:

*i say this half jesting. I'm sure our current footballing men won't be that daft.
Who was it Atletico did that with? I vaguely recall it.

Risky move, as you strongly risk straining tensions with another club. Making it that bit harder to sign or sell players to/from them in future. It stuck with me when Real Madrid said (in 2008 - I even remember the year) that they'd rather not sign Cristiano Ronaldo that Summer if it meant ruining their relationship with United. Thought it was weird at the time, but it makes sense more now.

As for the clause - I'd maybe include a break clause in January in case Juventus didn't play him enough.

Who was it Atletico did that with? I vaguely recall it.

Risky move, as you strongly risk straining tensions with another club. Making it that bit harder to sign or sell players to/from them in future. It stuck with me when Real Madrid said (in 2008 - I even remember the year) that they'd rather not sign Cristiano Ronaldo that Summer if it meant ruining their relationship with United. Thought it was weird at the time, but it makes sense more now.

As for the clause - I'd maybe include a break clause in January in case Juventus didn't play him enough.
Griezmann when they had him back on loan from Barca I think.

He’s not on ridiculous wages. He’s on about £250k a week. Like you said with Felix, there are players similar to him that are getting shifted on. Sterling is also about to be sold I’m not sure why Aston Villa weren’t proposed as a club Sancho could be sold to, considering they have Champions League football. Newcastle too, no Europe but they are in need of a right winger and are very ambitious.

I don't think Sancho is Prem suited.

Conte is one loss away from either fecking off from Napoli or hold de Laurent’s feet to the fire and make some regrettable signings. There’s a way.

Status
Not open for further replies.