Jadon Sancho (Out) | Chelsea reach deal to sign on loan with obligation to buy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does the french league have a PSR based on book value?

Genuine question, I haven't a clue what rules they have to restrict PSG, if any
FFP works the same way IIRC. PSR is just the Premier League's implementation of it I think

I’d absolutely take Cucurella. He was excellent at the Euros and was excellent for Brighton before he went to that circus as well.
We were interested in Jan, so would make sense. I actually didn't realise he was only 26, that could actually be a very good deal.

I wouldnt sell him to Chelsea. With our luck, they will finally get the best out of him. I'd prefer to sell abroad, and only to Chelsea as a last resort.

They couldn’t pay his wages but the best club in the league for someone like Sancho is probably Brighton. You could engineer a good swap there too.

I wouldnt sell him to Chelsea. With our luck, they will finally get the best out of him. I'd prefer to sell abroad, and only to Chelsea as a last resort.

I fear this with every player we sell, but it rarely happens... I can't remember the last player we sold that I regretted.

As for Sancho, maybe he'll learn to play consistently at a high level, but there isn't much to suggest that, and I don't think a city like London would be beneficial for him.

I’d sell him to anyone, even the scousers. Even if he did come good it would be worth it, he’s been appalling for us.

They won't. He just isn't that good. We should snap Chelsea's hands off if they seriously want him.

FFP works the same way IIRC. PSR is just the Premier League's implementation of it I think
Does it? FFP seems more to be about total profits/losses in a period of time. Whereas PSR makes it a lot more complex with book values, selling academy players make it a lot more lucrative etc.

Not an expert here.

We could take Palmer off their hands. Get that 9 year contract off their books.

£30 million and 2 of their better youth products would be a good deal for United. Pretty obvious he’s not going to get a lot of game time and will stink up the dressing room.
I can’t see him getting a lot of game time there either, he’ll go from playing European CL final last season, to Europa League to wait for Chelsea reserves in the European Conference league, and he’ll be moaning like F… when he realises the budget at Chelsea for Conference league is 2/3 star hotels and Economy Cramped Flights.

The more you think about it the more appealing this transfer is, maybe better than selling them Veron for £17m.

Just getting his book value would be more than enough for me. But I don't think Chelsea have any academy players that would be of use for us. Even Madueke would be completely useless for us, don't need him at all.

Just getting his book value would be more than enough for me. But I don't think Chelsea have any academy players that would be of use for us. Even Madueke would be completely useless for us, don't need him at all.
I want literally none of Chelsea's players. Even Palmer, as numbers side, I genuinely believe Amad is a better overall football player.

I want literally none of Chelsea's players. Even Palmer, as numbers side, I genuinely believe Amad is a better overall football player.
Reece James is always injured, Gusto not needed anymore with Mazraoui. I'd want Cucurella as LB, all of Enzo/Lavia/Caicedeo would be welcome to partner Mainoo. As of now personally I'd have Neto/Palmer ahead of Amad, though I'd love for Amad to have his breakthrough season.

Though clumsy, I think that overall Jackson has a more positive impact on the team than Hojlund/Zirkzee. That would be about it.

I can't see him moving this season, need to build up his value. I reckon he goes in January at the earliest. It's not the "worst time" to sell him, that would've been when he was playing Fifa for a living, but it's still a pretty bad time.

I can't see him moving this season, need to build up his value. I reckon he goes in January at the earliest. It's not the "worst time" to sell him, that would've been when he was playing Fifa for a living, but it's still a pretty bad time.

I can see him going on loan in January, but given his wages to me it seems most likely he leaves as a free at the end of his contract rather than being sold.

All these reports seem more like wishful thinking than any kind of reality. Pellistri seems a much more likely sale, and we aren't hearing anything concrete about him leaving.

"Journalists" realise the amount of clicks they can get by hyping up a Sancho move. Expect to see lots of nonsense over the coming weeks.

How do you see him raising his value in that time? He won't play, he'll be behind Garnacho, Amad, Rashford and Antony. He's been at United for 3 years now and hasn't put in a single 90 min performance of note, 45 mins against the scousers isn't enough. He looked disinterested on the tour and didn't perform and his social media is still full of Dortmund imagery, his heart isn't even in it.

This is a matter or removing a huge source of negativity from the dressing room and removing it from the headlines and removing it from being asked every press conference.

The value of not poisoning this new project we are building is worth losing whatever Sancho is worth.

His profile picture on both Instagram and Twitter is still him in Dortmund shirt :lol:

It's amazing but we paid 180M euros on Sancho and Antony in consecutive summers and 30m euros on Amad and Pellistri and I don't think it's crazy to say latter two had same or even bigger impact (thanks to Amad) on the pitch.

Greenwood doing what he did got us into situation of looking for RW and Antony happened...

Yeah that's a very valid point about Greenwood

Think it's safe to say there's nothing in the Chelsea stuff or the likes of Law would be all over it

Nobody wants to sign a player as terrible as Sancho. Mudryk would get more interest for the same asking price.

Chelsea should get this Chunkberto off our hands.....it would be so funny if this really happens.

Some bored hack making some noises in his mum's basement really.

Nobody wants to sign a player as terrible as Sancho. Mudryk would get more interest for the same asking price.
Would absolutely snap their hands off for a swap for Mudryk. There is a player there somewhere and he works hard

How do you see him raising his value in that time? He won't play, he'll be behind Garnacho, Amad, Rashford and Antony. He's been at United for 3 years now and hasn't put in a single 90 min performance of note, 45 mins against the scousers isn't enough. He looked disinterested on the tour and didn't perform and his social media is still full of Dortmund imagery, his heart isn't even in it.

This is a matter or removing a huge source of negativity from the dressing room and removing it from the headlines and removing it from being asked every press conference.

The value of not poisoning this new project we are building is worth losing whatever Sancho is worth.
Right on, to us he is a sunk cost and any fee we get for him or even just a loan offer that pays his full salary is better than the alternative of having his lazy arse stinking up the place for two seasons. He is a lost cause and he doesn't even have the drive and grit within himself to try and get his United career back on track. I have never seen a player just give up like he has for us, even Sanchez and Antony, who were two of our worst ever, would be seen visibly trying even if it wasn't working out. A fee would be desirable but we need to somehow find even the least possible way to limit our financial exposure to this loser and toxic signing.

Status
Not open for further replies.