Jadon Sancho (Out) | Chelsea reach deal to sign on loan with obligation to buy

Status
Not open for further replies.
He was never part of anyones transfer plans because he offers no value at £30m+. Let alone the £40-50m insane price we've been asking for.

He's never going to produce on the pitch and he's never going to sell for any decent fee, so the best case was always avoid paying any more wages with another loan, or try to sell him at his book value (£29m this summer). But we still dont have the basic sense to try for either, and instead priced him out same as McTominay.

Do not believe we were insisting on £50m (or 60m) which appeared in one report. Everyone knows he had a disaster of a spell while being here and to top it off had a clash with manager which forced us to loan him while paying most of his wages. You don't get from there to position where you ask such a money.

Fulham bid for McTominay should have been accepted, even more so when we have Mount here who can do whatever McTominay can and much more, but is struggling for minutes. I mean, McTominay offer should have been accepted anyway, but situation with Mount and his status makes it even more unreasonable. I never wanted Mount as I didn't saw the sense in the deal with Bruno here, but am pretty sure he can at least get all the minutes McTominay got last season and be better.

Getting rid of him should be our number 1 priority before the window closes.

Yeah, start of his 4th season. Amazing that so much time passed with so little (nothing) to show for.

He has 5+1 contract.
I'm actually amazed, feels like he's only been here for like a season. Just about sums up his impact at United.

I don't think there's a redemption arc for Sancho here, and it's likely that the more he's on the bench the more toxic things will be come. We need to move on.

We should explore swap deals for Chiesa or Felix if we can't really sell. Both players are forced out by their clubs and would add more than Sancho.

Getting rid of him should be our number 1 priority before the window closes.
Problen we would have to probably pay 75% of his wages. Not many clubs can afford £350,000 a week. Even if we got a club to pay £150,000 of that, we are still left with £200,000 to pay.

This is why I think PSG were the last hope to sell him this summer. It will now have to be a loan with Utd subsidizing his wages yet again.

The original deal we gave him was mental. Just like the fee we paid for Antony. How this stuff got signed off and approved is beyond me.

Problen we would have to probably pay 75% of his wages. Not many clubs can afford £350,000 a week. Even if we got a club to pay £150,000 of that, we are still left with £200,000 to pay.

This is why I think PSG were the last hope to sell him this summer. It will now have to be a loan with Utd subsidizing his wages yet again.

The original deal we gave him was mental. Just like the fee we paid for Antony. How this stuff got signed off and approved is beyond me.

Probably the likes of Woodward and Arnold getting backhanders from agents.

Would love to get rid of Sancho, Lindelof and McTominay.

Sancho has been a disaster. He's everything I anticipated.

Same is happening with Mount in the games I've seen him play too.

Convinced PSG are just waiting to offer a loan deal. I think we'd rather loan him out than keep him here on his full salary. We simply don't need him.

Would love to get rid of Sancho, Lindelof and McTominay.

Sancho has been a disaster. He's everything I anticipated.

Same is happening with Mount in the games I've seen him play too.
I think Mount will come good and ,tbf, at least he works on and off the ball.

Crazy how we were champing at the bits to get him here, made him the record signing...and the best thing he can do for this club is leave to help us get a DM that many don't even want.
What gave you that idea?

Crazy how we were champing at the bits to get him here, made him the record signing...and the best thing he can do for this club is leave to help us get a DM that many don't even want.
Huh? Who doesn’t want him ?

I reckon he sat there in his full Dortmund kit when waiting for his loan move to go through. Bet he's wearing it right now.
His profile picture on both Instagram and Twitter is still him in Dortmund shirt :lol:

It's amazing but we paid 180M euros on Sancho and Antony in consecutive summers and 30m euros on Amad and Pellistri and I don't think it's crazy to say latter two had same or even bigger impact (thanks to Amad) on the pitch.

Greenwood doing what he did got us into situation of looking for RW and Antony happened...

Coincidentally they've offered Sancho the exact same salary that Coman currently earns at Bayern, they're interested in signing one of them.

As long as we don't set the Sancho price too high I think they're genuinely considering signing him after his Champions League performances last season for Dortmund.

If we're pricing Sancho out the deal then they'll sign Coman or just loan him for a season I think.

I'm hoping we let Sancho go for around 30m euros/pounds and put 20m more on top for Ugarte. Everyone is happy then surely?
If Sancho is only worth £30m then Ugarte is worth £25m. Ugarte might be great fit for us but he has never had the highs that Sancho showed at Dortmund. Sancho plus any money would be getting fleeced.

Also I think we’re in a game of chicken with PSG, they claim they need to sell ugarte before they can think about buying Sancho, which sounds like a bluff. We are doing the exact sam thing, saying we can’t buy Ugarte without a guarantee Sancho is sold - but we are telling the truth while PSG are not.

Last edited:
I don't think there's a redemption arc for Sancho here, and it's likely that the more he's on the bench the more toxic things will be come. We need to move on.

We should explore swap deals for Chiesa or Felix if we can't really sell. Both players are forced out by their clubs and would add more than Sancho.

Don't think it would ever become a realistic possibility but who is the better fit out of those two?

Referring to the bolded part.. having him spend the majority of the season on the bench isn’t just toxic, it also doesn’t help his value appreciate or his form get any better and he’ll become a bigger liability to move on next summer..

Clubs like PSG who seem to be in for him right now might not even be interested next summer..

It’ll be like the Sanchez scenario where we beg teams to take him and subsidize his wages just to get him out..

He's probably still our best chance of generating a half decent sale as I'm not sure McT will leave. Just don't see anyone stumping up the case for a permanent deal. Reckon he'll end up at Juve on a loan with option in the last couple days of the window. No way he's part of the squad this season. Hopefully that's enough to get Ugarte over the line.

I do think if we are unable to move him on this summer we should just keep him at the club with no prospect of playing. If we organise a subsidised loan again, or provide him with playing time here, then in January or next summer there will just be the same struggle. If it is made clear he will not play here and we won't be paying for him to play elsewhere, despite what many here think I believe 99% of players would take the loss and move on.

Hopefully a swap in some fashion for Ugarte goes through. A potential alternative I would propose would be for Donyell Malen, who would be a better option for our squad than Chiesa or Felix.

Just get rid of him , I don’t see any fans changing their opinion on the cnut anyway. He’s better off leaving

Strongly doubt this.

Chelsea are stacked with attacking options and will likely buy Osimhen. This sounds like gossip
When has that stopped them. We've done them a few favours in the past, they owe us one.

Chelsea might be the only club stupid enough to take him

Status
Not open for further replies.