Jadon Sancho (Out) | Chelsea reach deal to sign on loan with obligation to buy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Such a nothing player. Completely lacking in any kind of intensity that makes him useful in the Premier League. Not to mention clear attitude/work ethic issues.

Has proven himself in Europe which gives him some kind of value and potential that could be unlocked elsewhere. Sadly that’s just not going to happen here. He’s the player I’d like United to shift the most (and would probably command the highest fee out of our unwanted players).

Nah. £25m with even a 20% sell on fee only makes sense if he goes for £100m.

Plus, we need a higher fee for cashflow.

I'd sell for even 25-30M not gonna lie. Else we will be stuck with him, with him running down his 350K/week contract.

Need to get rid as quickly as possible. Shame, seems only yesterday we were doing "today's the day" in his transfer thread.

Were they never in for him at all, or is this a case of us holding out for an unrealistic fee?

He must be a contender for United’s worst ever signing.

Anthony takes that award in a heartbeat.
I don’t think I’d agree with that on reflection. Granted Anthony cost about £10m more but at least he tries a leg and plays with enthusiasm. Sancho offers nothing.

Put it this way - if both had cost United around £40m each…who would you rather keep?

Last edited:
I don’t think I’d agree with that on reflection. Granted Anthony cost about £10m more but at least he tries a leg and plays with enthusiasm. Sancho offers nothing.

Put it this way - if both had cost United around £40m each…who would you keep?
Sancho cause he is “versatile” and can play across the front line. Anthony can’t even play in his position let alone in other position.

If PSG want him (as has been widely reported) couldn't we just swop him for Ugarte ?

Only Saudi money will get him out permanently….otherwise he is out on loan on deadline day. Difficult problem to fix this one.

No way he is at Utd 1st September.

Unless PSG's willing to do a Ugarte trade, its best to keep/loan him until he's on his last year 25-26. Deal is impossible given high wages, what a profitable selling fee is at. Only 3-4 clubs can afford him and I don't see them doing that with the doubts around him.

On a positive note he offers something our other wingers don't which is better build-up play. This is where we drop a lot of easy points under Ten Hag when weaker teams sit back and hit us on the counter. We struggle to unlock defenses and that's where having Sancho play more centrally shines.

Also the whole Sancho situation could have been easily resolved if Ten Hag wasn't an idiot. You could have Sancho play the Mason Mount role. They are very similar players, why we have 2 players to play a similar backup/squad role and pay them 16% of a wage bill is the biggest joke to me.

And yes we all know Sancho isn't as active defensively and Mount can't link up play as well as Sancho. But the whole idea of where you would utilize these players is in situations where defensive actions aren't as vital. It's when teams are sitting back and build-up play needs to be taken to the next level or you are chasing a game and need to score.

I'd sell for even 25-30M not gonna lie. Else we will be stuck with him, with him running down his 350K/week contract.

Need to get rid as quickly as possible. Shame, seems only yesterday we were doing "today's the day" in his transfer thread.
Dont think he’s on 350k a week, media put that out as total wages including bonuses, standard thing they do when it involves us. Like transfer fees always including add ons to make it look worse than it is. Then with us not achieving champions league he gets a 25% reduction along with the rest of the team. Seen a post saying he’s on around £187k a week which is within reach of quite a few clubs, hopefully that’s a figure before tax and not after tax.

Also the whole Sancho situation could have been easily resolved if Ten Hag wasn't an idiot. You could have Sancho play the Mason Mount role. They are very similar players, why we have 2 players to play a similar backup/squad role and pay them 16% of a wage bill is the biggest joke to me.
It’s not Ten Hag’s fault he didn’t realise Sancho’s from the streets.

One of his best ever United highlights is the goal against Liverpool in 22-23 season. First two games battered and bruised and no one gave United a chance. He scored a sublime goal leaving the famed best ever defenders in the world since football was invented in tatters.

That and celebrating United's goal against PSG in extra time in March 2019. Probably just celebrated because Rashford scored it.

Needs to go and get his career back on track. Too slow for the premier league.

Can some Saudi club come to the rescue???
Think they will, late in the window, because they haven't really attracted the young stars they seemed to be after. Problem is Sancho already earns big money, hasn't performed to justify a big transfer fee and wages that might turn his head (maybe being a CL finalist could attract them).

I'm sure I'm of the minority opinion, but I get the sense that we are not really in a hurry to transfer him. Now, that could be because the management team know he is value is insanely low and it would make more sense to try and build him up one more season and try to maximize the return. The other option might just be that we want to keep him for football reasons. Again, I'm sure this is the minority opinion, but he still strikes me a one of our best finishers in the box. And if there is one thing we have desperately lacked the last few years it's finishing in the box. It might be that simple...it might not. But whatever it is, it doesn't seem like we are really trying hard to move him. I think he stays.

Think they will, late in the window, because they haven't really attracted the young stars they seemed to be after. Problem is Sancho already earns big money, hasn't performed to justify a big transfer fee and wages that might turn his head (maybe being a CL finalist could attract them).

Cannot see it. The Saudi goldrush was last summer and we missed out whilst Liverpool were shipping out broken down hacks like Fabhino for 40M. This year they have been extremely stingy with the offers and several deals have collapsed due to the low fees being offered, I think the biggest deal so far has been about 12M.

Unless PSG's willing to do a Ugarte trade, its best to keep/loan him until he's on his last year 25-26. Deal is impossible given high wages, what a profitable selling fee is at. Only 3-4 clubs can afford him and I don't see them doing that with the doubts around him.

On a positive note he offers something our other wingers don't which is better build-up play. This is where we drop a lot of easy points under Ten Hag when weaker teams sit back and hit us on the counter. We struggle to unlock defenses and that's where having Sancho play more centrally shines.

And yes we all know Sancho isn't as active defensively and Mount can't link up play as well as Sancho. But the whole idea of where you would utilize these players is in situations where defensive actions aren't as vital. It's when teams are sitting back and build-up play needs to be taken to the next level or you are chasing a game and need to score.
Such a misunderstood player. Poor lad.

Ten Hag was an idiot because he disciplined a player who turned up late and by all accounts had a sh1t attitude in and around Carrington?

Sancho cause he is “versatile” and can play across the front line. Anthony can’t even play in his position let alone in other position.

Sancho, a guy that has been nothing but problems, and bad performances… vs a player that has worked his arse off (to very minimal impact) to settle in a new league and has shown glimpses of being effective?

Sancho is the more talented footballer, but Antony is an easier choice to keep I think.

Put it this way - if both had cost United around £40m each…who would you rather keep?
I agree with you.
Nah, Antony all day, every day. Both have been terrible signings, but at least Antony works his little socks off and desperately wants to be here. Fights for his plays, runs all game long. Just isn't anywhere near good enough. But Sancho, he not only offers nothing, but he doesn't even look like he's trying to offer anything. Shit workrate, and as we saw last season, disruptive behind the scenes. He's a player I would actually happily take a complete loss on, and release on a free if another club was willing to take his contract off our hands. Crazy to think that about a player that cost 72m, but I can't see anything good ever coming from him being a part of the squad, and the potential for him to throw his toys out the pram or spread his lazy attitude to others, is a risk I'm not willing to take.

I will always take a poor player who would bleed for the shirt, over a talented player who can't be bothered to do anything for the shirt. In reality it's unlikely either will contribute much, but only one of them will have a negative cultural influence on the rest of the squad.

I mean, anyone is of course entitled to feel how they want, but I’d say as long as it is caveated with the acceptance that they have little idea of what they are talking about. It is that knowledge that should ensure whatever they feel is kept in their heads and not out of their mouths towards the person I think. Throwing abuse at one of our players just due to a vibe/feeling they give you is a but much I think.

I think it's more than a vibe, there are definite, tangible reasons to not like Sancho as a player.

Certainly that would be closer to the truth than simply saying "it hasn't worked out." I think that's a pretty meaningless statement. Unnecessarily meaningless.

I think it's more than a vibe, there are definite, tangible reasons to not like Sancho as a player.

Certainly that would be closer to the truth than simply saying "it hasn't worked out." I think that's a pretty meaningless statement. Unnecessarily meaningless.

On the contrary, the meaning is quite clear and simple. He hasn’t been a successful signing.

And again, people can choose to not like any player, for whatever reason. They have no basis to feel entitled to start shouting abuse at a player that they don’t like though, and should also be humble enough to know that the basis of their dislike on any personal level is so meaningless that it could/would probably change in literally 30 seconds if said player just stopped for a picture with them and told them to have a good day. The ‘he’s actually not that bad you know’ probably needn’t be said in the surprised tone it will likely be said in simply because the person has no clue who that person is at all. All these silly inferences that people have long had about footballers based on them not meeting some sort of smile quota, sprint quota or whatever is all BS. When it’s all said and done, Sancho is a 22 year old who played X-Box late at night and had a 24 year old who had a disagreement with his manager.

Anyone can form any impression they want, but the humility to accept that they know feck all about who these people are should always balance it out.

I agree with you.

Nah, Antony all day, every day. Both have been terrible signings, but at least Antony works his little socks off and desperately wants to be here. Fights for his plays, runs all game long. Just isn't anywhere near good enough. But Sancho, he not only offers nothing, but he doesn't even look like he's trying to offer anything. Shit workrate, and as we saw last season, disruptive behind the scenes. He's a player I would actually happily take a complete loss on, and release on a free if another club was willing to take his contract off our hands. Crazy to think that about a player that cost 72m, but I can't see anything good ever coming from him being a part of the squad, and the potential for him to throw his toys out the pram or spread his lazy attitude to others, is a risk I'm not willing to take.

I will always take a poor player who would bleed for the shirt, over a talented player who can't be bothered to do anything for the shirt. In reality it's unlikely either will contribute much, but only one of them will have a negative cultural influence on the rest of the squad.
Agreed, well put.

Sancho will stay for two more years, there is no realistic way to offload him. I think he can actually be useful in games against weak opposition where we dominate the ball and they park the bus. Basically a rotational piece used against relegation fodders. He's skillful and crafty enough to help unlock defenses.

But playing him against City, Liverpool, Arsenal etc.(especially away)? Would be silly.

Sancho will stay for two more years, there is no realistic way to offload him. I think he can actually be useful in games against weak opposition where we dominate the ball and they park the bus. Basically a rotational piece used against relegation fodders. He's skillful and crafty enough to help unlock defenses.

But playing him against City, Liverpool, Arsenal etc.(especially away)? Would be silly.

I agree. This makes the most sense and can maximise his transfer value.

He was never part of anyones transfer plans because he offers no value at £30m+. Let alone the £40-50m insane price we've been asking for.

He's never going to produce on the pitch and he's never going to sell for any decent fee, so the best case was always avoid paying any more wages with another loan, or try to sell him at his book value (£29m this summer). But we still dont have the basic sense to try for either, and instead priced him out same as McTominay.

This news has been so up and down it’s hard to know what to believe, or if the journos know anything at all.
I’d like to think he has ‘resolved differences’ with ten hag to make him less of a desperation sell and rebuild a bit of value, but really we are still working on moving him out. We have a couple of weeks left to get him gone, and that’s something I’d love to see.

Status
Not open for further replies.