Jadon Sancho (Out) | Chelsea reach deal to sign on loan with obligation to buy

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd love if he was gone by Friday. It's the first time ever I'd have considered booing a player in a United shirt and I'd prefer it not to be something worth thinking about.

Am I correct in thinking that long term, a loan with an obligation would be better for us than a straight sale in terms of PSR/FFP?

Next summer he will have another years worth of amortisation taken from his book value, so any fee than would record a greater profit than a sale this summer.

Obviously that doesn't help if we need cash now to get deals done.

We remove his wages for a year which when amortised over a transfer fee it actually benefits FFP.

If rumours are true. Sancho is on around 14£m per year. That’s a £72m player over 5 years.

If we manage to offload Sancho and end up with Ugarte, this will be the best transfer window we have had in ages.

He’ll rip up the french league and do well in the odd CL game . Good move for him

He’ll rip up the french league and do well in the odd CL game . Good move for him

I'd argue that attackers have an easier time in the Bundesliga than they do in Ligue Un. Sancho hardly ripped anything up in Germany last year.

I'd love if he was gone by Friday. It's the first time ever I'd have considered booing a player in a United shirt and I'd prefer it not to be something worth thinking about.

Why on earth would you boo him? Because you don’t rate him? Because (from a million miles away), you think he has an ‘attitude problem’? Because he can’t sprint as fast as Hojlund?

By all means, transfer hasn’t worked out, but people love to pretend like they know the guy and have suddenly concluded he’s also the worst sort of human or something because he plays a bit shit.

Normally I would be sceptical of any kind of swap deal, but with the new management in place, I'm confident they could make the deal involving Ugarte and Sancho happen.

I've been happy with the transfer window so far, my only concern is that the list of potential "problem" players (Rashford, Sancho, Casemiro, Antony) is still too long for any coach to deal with on a weekly basis.

Normally I would be sceptical of any kind of swap deal, but with the new management in place, I'm confident they could make the deal involving Ugarte and Sancho happen.

I've been happy with the transfer window so far, my only concern is that the list of potential "problem" players (Rashford, Sancho, Casemiro, Antony) is still too long for any coach to deal with on a weekly basis.

Still feel Rashford and Casemiro could get their heads down and focused for this season, however the other two need to be sold but Antony definitely won't be unfortunately

Why on earth would you boo him? Because you don’t rate him? Because (from a million miles away), you think he has an ‘attitude problem’? Because he can’t sprint as fast as Hojlund?

By all means, transfer hasn’t worked out, but people love to pretend like they know the guy and have suddenly concluded he’s also the worst sort of human or something because he plays a bit shit.

I wouldn't boo but I think fans are allowed to dislike the feel a player gives them without getting to know them on a personal level.

A player that hasn't strung 3 good performances together in 3 years, cowardly on the pitch, doesn't look fit, doesn't look like a top athlete, fell out with the manager, took a mid sesson break.

I think that's enough to hold a negative opinion.

I wouldn't boo but I think fans are allowed to dislike the feel a player gives them without getting to know them on a personal level.

A player that hasn't strung 3 good performances together in 3 years, cowardly on the pitch, doesn't look fit, doesn't look like a top athlete, fell out with the manager, took a mid sesson break.

I think that's enough to hold a negative opinion.

I mean, anyone is of course entitled to feel how they want, but I’d say as long as it is caveated with the acceptance that they have little idea of what they are talking about. It is that knowledge that should ensure whatever they feel is kept in their heads and not out of their mouths towards the person I think. Throwing abuse at one of our players just due to a vibe/feeling they give you is a but much I think.

Because he called our coach a liar in public after being criticised for poor performance and effort in training.

Because he caused a saga that painted the club in a poor light, and rather than manning up and admitting to his immaturity, he dug his feet in and forced a move abroad for the season at massive cost to us.

Because in a season we finished 8th and suffered a string of injuries, one of our highest earners let down his coach, his teammates and the fans and has never apologised properly for it.

I mean, anyone is of course entitled to feel how they want, but I’d say as long as it is caveated with the acceptance that they have little idea of what they are talking about. It is that knowledge that should ensure whatever they feel is kept in their heads and not out of their mouths towards the person I think. Throwing abuse at one of our players just due to a vibe/feeling they give you is a but much I think.

He’s not one of our players though is he. When we needed him he was fecking off throwing a tantrum.

Nooooooooooooooooooooo

Unsurprising really. Spending a lot of money on a flaky player in a position they're already well stocked in would've only made sense if it was some FFP/PSR workaround with the Ugarte deal.

End of window loan it is, then.

End of window loan I guess it is then. Too bad, was hoping we could get rid permanently.

Sancho to PSG just doesn't make any sense from their perspective, especially after adding Doue.

Sancho is a terrible fit with Luis Enrique, who requires intensity at all times on the pitch and is a stickler for discipline off the pitch. This is a guy who sent spies to nightclubs to see if he could catch his players partying, has had club employees tasked with monitoring social media of players to look for potential bad influences around them, and started a war with Messi at Barcelona over missing a training session with a questionable illness. It never held up to scrutiny that he would look around the market and identify Sancho, with all his baggage, as the player he wants.

They've also got Dembele, Barcola, Doue, and Ascencio on the wings already but a gaping hole at striker where neither Kolo Muani (who can also play on the wing if needed) or Ramos looks like a long term solution. Dembele is basically an automatic starter if fit and they have made huge investments in Barcola and Doue, two of the most promising young wingers around, both of whom are right footed and both best on the left like Sancho.

Not in psg transfer plan?

Can they still pay him 17 million a year so we don't have to?

Sancho to PSG just doesn't make any sense from their perspective, especially after adding Doue.

Sancho is a terrible fit with Luis Enrique, who requires intensity at all times on the pitch and is a stickler for discipline off the pitch. This is a guy who sent spies to nightclubs to see if he could catch his players partying, has had club employees tasked with monitoring social media of players to look for potential bad influences around them, and started a war with Messi at Barcelona over missing a training session with a questionable illness. It never held up to scrutiny that he would look around the market and identify Sancho, with all his baggage, as the player he wants.

They've also got Dembele, Barcola, Doue, and Ascencio on the wings already but a gaping hole at striker where neither Kolo Muani (who can also play on the wing if needed) or Ramos looks like a long term solution. Dembele is basically an automatic starter if fit and they have made huge investments in Barcola and Doue, two of the most promising young wingers around, both of whom are right footed and both best on the left like Sancho.

Lee Kang-in is still there too, right ?
I can't see them coming for Sancho, he'll be real luxury or surplus in that roster. I feel he'll perhaps be loaned to an Italian (or German) team. Think Juventus maybe can't afford a straight transfer until next summer.

Well he is. Obviously.

He's a footballer and we pay him.

But when you say something like “why would you boo one of our own players”, you are intimating that he is deserving of a level of support and loyalty from us, that he has never shown us or the club in return.

This transfer to PSG doesn't make sense after they signed Doue in his position, seems people in here still got their hopes up..

Status
Not open for further replies.