Jadon Sancho (Out) | Chelsea reach deal to sign on loan with obligation to buy

Status
Not open for further replies.
The long term option is Amass, we just need someone to plug the gap between Shaw, Malacia and Amass. Wouldn't make sense to spend a lot of money on a LB when we rate Amass so highly.
I'm not sure Amass is rated that highly. He's only in the first team because of the injuries we have.

Any offer over £30m for Sancho would count as a profit on the books. So if there was real interest then we could conceivably make £25m pure profit selling McTominay and Sancho for as low as £20m and £35m respectively.

Which should easily let us get Ugarte and a good young left back to finish off the window.

Any offer over £30m for Sancho would count as a profit on the books. So if there was real interest then we could conceivably make £25m pure profit selling McTominay and Sancho for as low as £20m and £35m respectively.

Which should easily let us get Ugarte and a good young left back to finish off the window.
Didn’t we buy Mazraoui because he can play both right and left?

Didn’t we buy Mazraoui because he can play both right and left?

But he will also be injured half the season based on his average games missed for the last 4 seasons

I don't think in his entire time here he had a 90 minutes performance where he was really good. He's usually absolutely knackered by the hour mark and needs to come off.

He's had moments in games or cameos where he's done something nice but in terms of a really good 90 minute performance I don't think he's ever had one here.

He's been a disastrous signing. One of the absolute worst ever, a nothing player on the pitch and a terrible attitude to go with it. Would be delighted to get rid.

PSG have got nowhere else to go, and you can bet Mendes will have a say in this because he wants his client (Ugarte) at United. It will most likely be a straight swap, numbers wise, Sancho for Ugarte.
Coman is there as a fall back optipn for them tbf

I do hope we can come to some sort of agreement with PSG asap to swap him and Ugarte. It's a win win situation for both clubs and both players.

I'm not sure Amass is rated that highly. He's only in the first team because of the injuries we have.
That is certainly a part of it, but I think we definitely see him as a serious prospect for LB. Anyway, forgot this is the Sancho thread!

Surely we need another attacker if he leaves?

Unless Bruno Fernandes is going to stay as a false 9 (which he has played in the last 4 or 5 matches). But then we need two midfielders.

I'm amazed that PSG might want him. Have they got an esports team?

I'm convinced they have him mixed up with someone else.

I'm amazed that PSG might want him. Have they got an esports team?

I'm convinced they have him mixed up with someone else.
He did play really well against them last season. If they want to play him on the right, he already has a good relationship with Hakimi. Given he's proven he can play well in the Bundesliga and at times in the CL, it's probably not too big of a concern for them that he has disappointed at United.

I'm still not convinced how serious their interest is, but there is some logic behind it, if true.

Anyone remotely reliable suggesting we might get a fee this summer? I've always thought we'd see a loan at best.

Anyone remotely reliable suggesting we might get a fee this summer? I've always thought we'd see a loan at best.

I dont think there's any way we were ever going to get a full transfer. Best we can hope for is loan with obligation buy around £30-35m. And we should snap their hands off if they offer that.

I dont think there's any way we were ever going to get a full transfer. Best we can hope for is loan with obligation buy around £30-35m. And we should snap their hands off if they offer that.
Yeah I'd be surprised if we got that.

loan with obligation to buy is fine, if we get the same arrangement for Ugarte and a similar fee.

I loved the idea of Sancho but he just doesn't fit in the system so needs to be moved on.

I'd snap their hand off if they offered that.

I was wondering in which thread I should post this comment...But if we want Ugarte and PSG want LameCHO and the valuation is similar, why they don't just swap them?!And if one of the two clubs have to pay few millions, so be it.Unless I'm missing something?

Am I correct in thinking that long term, a loan with an obligation would be better for us than a straight sale in terms of PSR/FFP?

Next summer he will have another years worth of amortisation taken from his book value, so any fee than would record a greater profit than a sale this summer.

Obviously that doesn't help if we need cash now to get deals done.

Am I correct in thinking that long term, a loan with an obligation would be better for us than a straight sale in terms of PSR/FFP?

Next summer he will have another years worth of amortisation taken from his book value, so any fee than would record a greater profit than a sale this summer.

Obviously that doesn't help if we need cash now to get deals done.
I think so in theory but I’m no expert. Unless it’s booked instantly.

More excited about him leaving than any additional new incoming transfer. Am I weird?

No one should put any stock in that tweet from Miguel Delaney. That serial pretender has never got anything right to my knowledge and has in fact been embarassingly (for him) caught out in recent years.

No one should put any stock in that tweet from Miguel Delaney. That serial pretender has never got anything right to my knowledge and has in fact been embarassingly (for him) caught out in recent years.
Ritchie Fay reliable though or am I wrong on that?

More excited about him leaving than any additional new incoming transfer. Am I weird?

Not weird and not strange at all. Got here for absolutely insane money and the best I can say about him is that I sometimes forgot he is here. That were the best parts of his United career as well.

All together, getting rid of him & his wages while bringing Ugarte would be a dream scenario. We need another midfielder and would heavily struggle without one.

We should 100% try and give them Shaw, either this year or next. See who else they'll have!

Status
Not open for further replies.