Jadon Sancho (Out) | Chelsea reach deal to sign on loan with obligation to buy

Status
Not open for further replies.
If Ineos pulls this off, I consider this as one of the best transfer window to address glaring issues with this club. Whether we progress as a club, I am happy with our business. 5 signings in one transfer window and with 1-2 more windows, we will see Lindeloft, Maguire, Casemiro, McTominay, Antony, Erikson Shaw and other all gone.

It would be incredible if we could offload him. Although we have lots of games this season I would rather push on with the 3 wingers that are worth bothering with (Rash, Garnacho, Amad) and not waste time on a transfer that has flopped.

I will happily pay for his direct flight from Manchester to Paris if it helps INEOS shift this guy out.

Him leaving will feel like a new signing.

If Ineos pulls this off, I consider this as one of the best transfer window to address glaring issues with this club. Whether we progress as a club, I am happy with our business. 5 signings in one transfer window and with 1-2 more windows, we will see Lindeloft, Maguire, Casemiro, McTominay, Antony, Erikson Shaw and other all gone.
Rangnick’s open heart surgery comment became true, albeit gradually. This is just a start. Hope this lights some fire underneath the underperformers, results would then follow.

If we can ship out Greenwood and Sancho for half decent money, while signing Yoro, De Ligt, Mazraoui, Ugarte and Zirkzee - this is an objectively superb transfer window.

What would you class as half decent money?

Give a discount on Ugarte and you can have him for 50 :lol:

Sensible approach if true, start high when valuing a player and try to get as much as possible, hopefully Sancho goes for €40m or anything close to that which will enable the club not only sell Sancho and get rid of his wages but the club also gets a fee to bring in more players

We Utd fans don’t seem to be convinced by Ugarte unanimously (based on this thread), so I wonder if Sancho is also divisive among PSG fans?
Yeah, one would think probably.

The very best teams haven't really assembled their squads with rejects from other top teams have they? As in, it's a bit of a red flag that PSG just bought Ugarte for big money and already want nothing to do with him 12 months later. Even Antony we gave 2 years of time.

I think Ugarte could be good. Seems a strong defensive player at least. But I wouldn't be over the moon to land him unless doing so specifically helps us get rid of Sancho in some way.

Sancho played the best football of his career at Dortmund with hakimi behind him at right back. PSG's right back is none other than....hakimi.

Yeah, one would think probably.

The very best teams haven't really assembled their squads with rejects from other top teams have they? As in, it's a bit of a red flag that PSG just bought Ugarte for big money and already want nothing to do with him 12 months later. Even Antony we gave 2 years of time.

I think Ugarte could be good. Seems a strong defensive player at least. But I wouldn't be over the moon to land him unless doing so specifically helps us get rid of Sancho in some way.
Theirry Henry was a Juventus flop. That's just one example.

He might do well in Paris. No English media to scrutinise him, and he can just exist in his own bubble. Playing for such a dominant club will allow him to just fleet in and out of commitment and that will be enough.

He'll probably shine at PSG, recreating his Dortmund (first stint) form with Hakimi in behind him and a relatively easy league to play in. This seems too good to be true though so I'm not holding out much hope.

Isn't this around the same as what he's earning here?
Coincidentally they've offered Sancho the exact same salary that Coman currently earns at Bayern, they're interested in signing one of them.

As long as we don't set the Sancho price too high I think they're genuinely considering signing him after his Champions League performances last season for Dortmund.

If we're pricing Sancho out the deal then they'll sign Coman or just loan him for a season I think.

I'm hoping we let Sancho go for around 30m euros/pounds and put 20m more on top for Ugarte. Everyone is happy then surely?

Coincidentally they've offered Sancho the exact same salary that Coman currently earns at Bayern, they're interested in signing one of them.

As long as we don't set the Sancho price too high I think they're genuinely considering signing him after his Champions League performances last season for Dortmund.

If we're pricing Sancho out the deal then they'll sign Coman or just loan him for a season I think.

I'm hoping we let Sancho go for around 30m euros/pounds and put 20m more on top for Ugarte. Everyone is happy then surely?
Yep had Bayern got Doue, I felt at the time PSG would then just loan Coman. Hopefully Bayern missing out changes that slightly. I’m still dubious how genuine PSG’s interest actually is in Sancho, but best opportunity we have to get rid if we can.

I just hope we don't waste the money on Branthwaite. Ugarte and a LB (starting, not backup) would be great.

It's a move that will suit him in every department. Even if he returned to some sort of form, it would be annoying, but I'd expect it personally. It's the right time and decision to bin him and move on.

United need to strike while the iron is hot. We shouldnt play hardball, else we will be stuck with him monstrous wages for a long time. Sell him for 30-35M if necessary.

He might do well in Paris. No English media to scrutinise him, and he can just exist in his own bubble. Playing for such a dominant club will allow him to just fleet in and out of commitment and that will be enough.
Some other good console players at PSG as well - I bet Sancho and Dembele would become great mates and a great Call of Duty duo.

Perfect fit.

United need to strike while the iron is hot. We shouldnt play hardball, else we will be stuck with him monstrous wages for a long time. Sell him for 30-35M if necessary.
PSG have got nowhere else to go, and you can bet Mendes will have a say in this because he wants his client (Ugarte) at United. It will most likely be a straight swap, numbers wise, Sancho for Ugarte.

If we can pretty much swap Sancho for Ugarte and use any McTominay money on a left back, that’s every hole in our squad filled going into the new season. It would be an incredible summer.

LB loan on the cheap potentially due to Shaw's unreliability, but a big money central defender? Surely not.
You'd think not? Would depend on any major injuries in the next couple of weeks, or if Maguire and Lindelöf leave. Expecting us to be back in for Branthwait next summer but it doesn't make sense right now, not when we need midfielders and forwards.

I really hope he goes. I genuinely can't wait to see the back of him. Absolute disaster of a signing.

Suits all parties. Clever way to get around PSR & opens up the possibility for both teams to spend more this summer if required. Wouldn’t be surprised if the fees are at the higher end of the spectrum for both.

Hope our new transfer team manage to squeeze every penny out of PSG possible but that's a mad demand for Sancho. I find it crazy PSG even want him.

Just hope we don't end up keeping him due to excessive demands.

Short term LB option isn't out of the question yet. We're without a natural LB until after September, and that's if Shaw doesn't have any setbacks.
...or an affordable long term young LB with starter qualities to replace Shaw? Can't rely on him being injury-free every year.

...or an affordable long term young LB with starter qualities to replace Shaw? Can't rely on him being injury-free every year.
The long term option is Amass, we just need someone to plug the gap between Shaw, Malacia and Amass. Wouldn't make sense to spend a lot of money on a LB when we rate Amass so highly.

I think Mazraoui is that stop gap to be honest.

Not a pure LB but played some games at LB (incl the games v Real in the semis?) and while not ideal, I can see why we bought him (positions, fee) and if we can manage LB through 1-2 seasons and Amass progresses as hoped, that’d do it.

Then you're talking north of £30m, we don't have that kind of money this window when there are other priorities within the team. Maybe next summer this is a priority but not right now. Will also depend largely on Amass' progress.

Status
Not open for further replies.